Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

Un char dropper la, ces tu plus économique sur le gaz vs un char pas dropper?

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

I'm really trying to figure out what EXACTLY makes today's engines sound like shit.

I'll take for example my 1982 CB750K bike. It's really not much of a machine in comparison to other bikes. But god that thing has one of the best exhaust notes possible. It's also carbureted; 4 carbs, stock factory exhaust. And I would have it no other way. Then I go about listening to videos of the brand new CB1100EX and CB1100RS, which have basically taken my bike and added fuel injection, with a bigger displacement. It sounds like a damn sewing machine.

Literally every 4-cylinder bike on the market today, even the sports bikes, sounds about 3,000 times too refined even WITH aftermarket illegal exhaust, yet my old ass bike sounds so throaty, full of character and a huge sense of power. I feel like sound and harmonics are about 50% of the whole experience.

So what is it. Exactly. The way the fuel is administered into the engine makes all the difference? Sound is vibration, and other than the injection this engine hasn't really changed at all...yet has lost all of its appeal to me. How could I possible get that carbureted sound out of a port-injected engine? Install ITBs so that the intake breaths more like it's pulling air and fuel? Doesn't change the exhaust note though.

Anyway, never getting rid of my carbed bike lol

It's always possible to compare the FFT's (fast Fourier transform) from two audio samples (it'd be better if they were the same quality but whatever) with Matlab. Won't tell you what part, but at least the frequencies !
it's probably related to emissions...

Je me suis faite dire que des welds (RTS dison) c'étais so so dans les nid de poule pis nos belle routes. C'est vrai?

Je me suis posé souvent la question, combien de vehicules maximum je peux plaquer a mon nom?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I'm really trying to figure out what EXACTLY makes today's engines sound like shit.

I'll take for example my 1982 CB750K bike. It's really not much of a machine in comparison to other bikes. But god that thing has one of the best exhaust notes possible. It's also carbureted; 4 carbs, stock factory exhaust. And I would have it no other way. Then I go about listening to videos of the brand new CB1100EX and CB1100RS, which have basically taken my bike and added fuel injection, with a bigger displacement. It sounds like a damn sewing machine.

Literally every 4-cylinder bike on the market today, even the sports bikes, sounds about 3,000 times too refined even WITH aftermarket illegal exhaust, yet my old ass bike sounds so throaty, full of character and a huge sense of power. I feel like sound and harmonics are about 50% of the whole experience.

So what is it. Exactly. The way the fuel is administered into the engine makes all the difference? Sound is vibration, and other than the injection this engine hasn't really changed at all...yet has lost all of its appeal to me. How could I possible get that carbureted sound out of a port-injected engine? Install ITBs so that the intake breaths more like it's pulling air and fuel? Doesn't change the exhaust note though.

Anyway, never getting rid of my carbed bike lol

here, mine sounds a lot like this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mSYBrm1ijY&t=26s

and then the new CB1100 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWl2qGrpuM

What a crappy sound indeed

There's vibrations and also combustion sounds in the exhaust no? I would guess that clean burning engines cannot make such a throaty sound because they inject just enough and timing is probably slightly different than what it used to be. Different tolerances too, cat etc.

Although I'm not a fan of twins, my SV650 doesn't sounds too bad stock and it has EFI.

Miss the old bike.

I have a lot of pinging when I accelerate. I do use 91 and up gas. It happens more on really hot humid days. Should I do a motor flush? Seafoam? Any additive? I would like the sound to go away, also why the hell is my car making that noise?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

C'est plutôt le contraire. Avant de savoir le montant du solde à payer, le vendeur va plutôt donner ce que le client veut entendre à son avantage ou un montant qui se rapproche de la valeur du marché car ca va donner une perspective favorable au client. Si le vendeur te donne 8,000$ et que le solde est de 5,000$, le client se ramasse avec une équité de 4198$ après le crédit de taxes qui va être appliqué sur le capital du nouveau char et donner un solde moins élevé qui le devrait et la perspective du client, même s'il sait que l'équité est appliqué comme du cash dans le deal, sera que le paiement est probablement plus bas de ce qu'il avait envisagé. Ce que plusieurs vendeurs vont faire c'est se padder dans l'échange, c'est-à-dire d'augmenter le prix de vente pour augmenter l'échange.

Souvent lorsque le solde va jouer sur le montant de l'échange c'est que le client doit par exemple 25,000$ sur son char qui en vaut 22,000 sur le marché. Le dealer donne mettons 18,000 avant taxes pour l'échange, donc le client se retrouve avec une balloune de 4305$ (après crédit de taxes). Certains vendeurs vont alors padder l'échange pour matcher le solde du char après crédit de taxes en augmentant encore le prix de vente. Elle est là la petite magouille qui est plus récurrente, le client se retrouve avec une balloune cachée dans le prix du char.

Exemple.

J'ai une passat CC que je veut donné en échange. Il va me resté environs 4k a payé dessus. Quand je vais regardé pour changé a la fin de l'année.
Je suis mieux de lui en parlé au départ ou attendre un peu ? Je pense pas que sa vaut bien bien moins que 4k. Elle as pas de KM bin bin. Environs 150k. Elle est juste magané un peu coté peinture donc je sais que je peut pas avoir 8k pour comme sur le marché présentement. J'ai peur que le vendeur me lowball par contre..

Exemple.

J'ai une passat CC que je veut donné en échange. Il va me resté environs 4k a payé dessus. Quand je vais regardé pour changé a la fin de l'année.
Je suis mieux de lui en parlé au départ ou attendre un peu ? Je pense pas que sa vaut bien bien moins que 4k. Elle as pas de KM bin bin. Environs 150k. Elle est juste magané un peu coté peinture donc je sais que je peut pas avoir 8k pour comme sur le marché présentement. J'ai peur que le vendeur me lowball par contre..

Exact. Tu peux lui dire c’est quoi tes attentes pour le montant de l’échange mais ca donne rien de lui dire ton solde, même s’il te le demande tu peux y dire que tu lui donneras après

You checked Spark plugs?
I have a lot of pinging when I accelerate. I do use 91 and up gas. It happens more on really hot humid days. Should I do a motor flush? Seafoam? Any additive? I would like the sound to go away, also why the hell is my car making that noise?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back