Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

Save your money and go buy a 4l jug of toluene or Xylene at Home Depot, Rona etc... Turbo F1 cars in the 80s ran primarily on either or a mix of both. The shit you see on the shelf at CT is mostly snake oil, some of the fuel system cleaners "work" very minimally though Real race gas is a more consistent product with properly formulated additive packages. Fuel in most motorsports is "spec" anyways maybe with the exception of F1 and similar (I could be wrong) You can also just buy 100+ octane through Sunoco or VP anyways with relative ease.

I know it's just better to buy proper VP/etc fuel for race cars... but has somebody ever did a real test? I mean, Lucas and other legitimate companies that make octane boosters are not all scammers...? There must be something good in these miracle bottles haha

I never had a car that needed more than 91 even for a high boost application, but always wondered...

I know it's just better to buy proper VP/etc fuel for race cars... but has somebody ever did a real test? I mean, Lucas and other legitimate companies that make octane boosters are not all scammers...? There must be something good in these miracle bottles haha

I never had a car that needed more than 91 even for a high boost application, but always wondered...

Genre ça

X001.jpg

spark plug discussion

would you run: ngk BCPR7ES flat electrode or BKPR7 V electrode

old engine from the 90s, fully build, should see few pounds of boost over 20psi.

Question, j'ai installé des muffler delete sur mon Sti, je me suis rendu compte que les mufflers oem ont l'air d'avoir 2 litres d'eau dans chaques, comment je pourrais faire pour enlever l'eau avant de les storer dans le garage ?

Un Volvo s40, 5 cyiindres N/A, à vendre pour les pièces, ça vaut combien?
- 300k km, assez propre
- cylindre #3 de scrap donc non-fonctionnel
- mags Volvo 17 pouces, j'ai un autre set de 16 pouces

Un Volvo s40, 5 cyiindres N/A, à vendre pour les pièces, ça vaut combien?
- 300k km, assez propre
- cylindre #3 de scrap donc non-fonctionnel
- mags Volvo 17 pouces, j'ai un autre set de 16 pouces

Weight that's about it. Hunt around on kijiji for a scrap guy, swap the worst wheels and sell the best ones.

Question, j'ai installé des muffler delete sur mon Sti, je me suis rendu compte que les mufflers oem ont l'air d'avoir 2 litres d'eau dans chaques, comment je pourrais faire pour enlever l'eau avant de les storer dans le garage ?

juste les mettre debout ils ce vide pas ?

Bon a pas grand chose.

Lit les instruction et fait les calcul.
De ce que j'avais fait: les bouteille ont genre 110 octane. donc pour une tank de 45l..une bouteille du stuff ca monté de a peine 1 l'indice d'octane.
De mes calcul ca me prenais une bouteille au complet pour monté de 91 a 93-94 un tank de 20L (Ma moto)......genre vraiment pas rentable.
Je me suis juste arrangé pour qu'il marche au 91(quand il y a pas plus a la station service..mais il préfère le 94 :|. (c'est ca ca fait un moteur stroké, big bore, cam et un gros carbu :| )

souvent de l'eau qui slush feel 4-5fois pire que la réalité.
Je vient de vidé ma tank de compresseur...ca feelais comme plus de 1L et il y en réalité une une tasse (250ml) :|

jvoudrais faire mes rear pads moi meme sur mon outlander phev mais jme suis fait dire cest dealer only vu qui a un handbrake electrique pi sa prend le computer pour rentrer le piston.

ya pas des guru qui aurait un outil ou une procédure pour faire sa nous meme? Chu cheap de meme

edit: nevermind jpense jai trouvé une procédure pour le mettre en mode de maintenance manuellement

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/outlander_iii/online/Service_Manual_2013/2019_phev/index_M1.htm

Last edited:
jvoudrais faire mes rear pads moi meme sur mon outlander phev mais jme suis fait dire cest dealer only vu qui a un handbrake electrique pi sa prend le computer pour rentrer le piston.

ya pas des guru qui aurait un outil ou une procédure pour faire sa nous meme? Chu cheap de meme

edit: nevermind jpense jai trouvé une procédure pour le mettre en mode de maintenance manuellement

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/outlander_iii/online/Service_Manual_2013/2019_phev/index_M1.htm

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Edit: J'ai fini par trouver la procedure dans ton link. C'est la meme affaire.

en plein sa jai trouvé jlai juste pas testé.

1.Raise the vehicle using a jack and support the specified points with a rigid rack.
2.Move the selector lever to "P" position, and turn on the power supply mode of the electric motor switch (but do not start the motor (Electric motor unit)).
3.Depress the brake pedal.
note Keep the brake pedal depressed until the power supply mode of the electric motor switch is turned off.
caution
Do not operate the electric parking brake switch too quickly (wait for at least two seconds by the next switch operation). If yes, the ECU cannot recognise the switch operation. This may cause the indicator lamp or the warning lamp not to flash.
It is necessary to execute Step 5 and Step 6 within 7 seconds after executing Step 4 (brake warning lamp (red) and electric parking brake switch indicator lamp flashing).
Operate the electric parking brake switch and alternately apply and release the parking brake 10 times, and the brake warning lamp (red) and the electric parking brake switch indicator lamp will flash.
note The multi-information display should show "PARKING BRAKE TEMPORARILY NOT AVAILABLE".
5.Operate the electric parking brake switch once to release the parking brake.
6.Press the brake auto hold switch 10 time or more as soon as possible, then perform the release operation of the electric parking brake switch once.
7.After the system enters the maintenance mode, the electric parking brake warning lamp (yellow) will stay on (do not flash anymore).
note
The multi-information display should show "PARKING BRAKE SERVICE REQUIRED".
Once the system has entered the maintenance mode, the electric parking brake is released completely.
If you failed the operation of the switch and did not enter maintenance mode, repeat the procedure after 60 seconds have elapsed.
caution
Do not operate the electric parking brake switch to apply the parking brake. If yes, the maintenance mode will be cancelled.
When the electric parking brake switch is pulled up even with the power supply mode of the electric motor switch OFF, the maintenance mode will be cancelled.
Release the brake pedal.
9.Turn off the power supply mode of the electric motor switch.
10.Disconnect the negative battery terminal of the auxiliary battery

C'est certain qu'au dealer y vont juste te dire sa prend leur machine magique, jme doutait ben qui a une procédure avec les switches

jpense jva mettre laelle sur mon projet

Moi je me suis toujours demandé.... Les "octane boosters"... Est-ce que ça fonctionne vraiment?

Je veux dire, pour une vraie utilisation où l'indice d'octane haute est vraiment nécessaire --> Un moteur forced induction ou haute compression, qui est tuné avec un timing aggressif pour exploitation maximale.

Pour des moteurs de course qui roulent au gaz 100+ octane, il me semble que ce serait plus économique d'acheter du 91 de la pompe et d'ajouter X quantité d'additif octane booster. Mais en réalité, est-ce que c'est vraiment comparable l'un et l'autre? du 91 boosté à l'octane booster VS du vrai race gas?

Des chimistes dans la salle?

Moi je peux te dire que ca marche, peu-etre pas au point qu'il te dise sur la can ( genre +14 octane avec leur melange optiomal) mais je crois qu'on peut aller chercher 5-6 point. Je parle du Torco Accelerator.

Back