Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

bolté sur ta gearbox pi elle bouge avec le moteur. Ta p-e des support de scrape aussi

Ya toujours fait ça depuis que je l'ai pis il avait 56 000KM. Ça me surprendrais un support de scrap, mais ça se peux.

Habituellement les shifteurs auto sont bolder sur le plancher / tunnel du char non?!

Ya toujours fait ça depuis que je l'ai pis il avait 56 000KM. Ça me surprendrais un support de scrap, mais ça se peux.

Habituellement les shifteurs auto sont bolder sur le plancher / tunnel du char non?!

non ya bien des char que le shifter sort direct dla transmission par un trou du tunnel.

Même auto ? Ah ouais ! Manuel oui, mais auto je croyais pas.

depend si cest une auto avec moteur longitudinal pi gearbox en dessous du char oui ca se peut.

si le moteur est transversale normalement cest des rods ou des cable qui se rende a gearbox

le shifter sur ton g37 est surement bolté direct sur la transmission pcq moteur longitudinal.

ou meme si bolté sur la tole du char, avec les cables/rod ca peut bouger avec le mouvement du moteur dans le engine bay.

Non , plus tu paye cher et que c'est exotique plus que c'est capricieux ...

Anyways quand tu te paye une Lambo , Mc Laren , Ferrari , tu braille pas pour keksssssssssssssssssssssss 1000$ d'entretiens et ou réparations.

Sinon achète toi un Escape 2013 ...

I can take apart and fix anything but esthetics... Not my forte. That being said...

Fresh Acrylic paint how long should I wait before : washing, waxing etc?

Je me demande si une lexus lfa tu as besoin de refaire le moteur a 40k km... cher exotique check
High revving high strung engine. Stuff like bearings and rings wear out.... In Ferraris case parts aren't cheap, parts aren't easy to find and the knowledge of them isn't cheap. It's unfair to judge a modern car like the LFA to a 348 which engines dates back to the 70s.. fantastic engine though, proper noises

A Ferrari without a properly documented history and paper trail destroys the value Not worthless but lack of service records, no major service etc isn't a selling point.

why Brembo?

when manufacturers offer a sportier version with "upgraded calipers", why is Brembo such a common brand of caliper for manufacturers to jump to? Is there performance/price really that good? Can manufacturers not develop an equivalent product for same/cheaper? Is it just for the big red caliper and Brembo name that drives the performance marketting? No other brand competes with performance/pricepoint like Wilwood, etc.?

Just curious. If I was in the market for a car with upgraded brakes, Brembo isn't a thing that comes to mind as the end-all-be-all. It kinda reminds me of the 3rd sticker down on an EK Civic at Napierville more than anything else, but Cadillac, Mazda, etc. all sell them as the upgraded caliper.

Someone teach me things here.

Brembo is a huge a corporation that also owns AP Racing. They have years of RnD work, facilities and such to supply OEMs It's much the same story with Akebono. They supply Toyota and Nissan/ Infiniti. It's cheaper for OEMs to use as many off the shelf parts as they can vs developing specific parts. Unless we are talking about McLaren etc.

Wilwood is small outfit that supplies a niche market. They aren't even good at that.

Luigi was the importer and dealer for Ferrari around here for years

From his fchat RIP thread:
For those who didn't know him, Luigi was the official Ferrari importer for Quebec and Eastern Canada from 1963 to 1999. He acquired the rights to sell Ferraris directly from the Drake himself, but only after having the door slammed into his face three times. The Old Man was impressed by Luigi's tenacity, and gave him the rights, although he had reservations about his Ferraris winding up in an Arctic country.

Buying a car from Luigi during his tenure was no easy feat. You simply didn't walk into his shop and ask to buy one. In Luigi's opinion, ownership was merited. This obviously did not earn him a legion of friends, but he did manage to run a very successful business, and create an inner circle of followers and admirers. If anything, his MO only added to the Ferrari mystique.

Once he was no longer an official importer, Luigi Sports Cars stayed open as an independent Ferrari shop, and primarily took care of the "Luigi Club" members' cars. During his final years, his shop was more of a club house/museum/shrine than a service garage.
279297_235830929772527_6223451_o.jpg

The tales are legendary.. "this car is not for you"

I can totally see the oldman and Luigi battling it out in typical Italian stubborn fashion...

Back