Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

Avez vous une idée de combiens de temps en général ça peut prendre lorsque un char est en transit par bateau du Japon au Canada? ensuite par train jusqu'au Québec j'imagine ?

thanks

Je cherche un code scanner assez bon pour effacer SRS.
Looking for code reader good enough to
erase SRS.
Honda says they did the recall, but SRS is on.

erase SRS.

les troubles de SRS c'est pas supposé être garantie pour la vie du char? Ça et les ceintures je crois...

erase SRS.

Did you try unplugGing the battery for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myth? If the transmission fluid has never been changed, don't change it? I noticed when cold my car was a bit hesitant to shift. Since today was nice out, i drove for 10 minutes, parked checked my level and noticed it was missing about a quart. I added a quart, and i'll only know tomorrow if that was the problem. I've been reading, everyone suggests to change the fluid, and the filter. People say if it's never been changed don't. My fluid was nice and pink still, didn't smell burnt, or have a brown tint to it. Do i leave it, or do a full flush?

How will you do the torque converter flush bruh?

They change oil after XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXkm at the dealer.

Myth? If the transmission fluid has never been changed, don't change it? I noticed when cold my car was a bit hesitant to shift. Since today was nice out, i drove for 10 minutes, parked checked my level and noticed it was missing about a quart. I added a quart, and i'll only know tomorrow if that was the problem. I've been reading, everyone suggests to change the fluid, and the filter. People say if it's never been changed don't. My fluid was nice and pink still, didn't smell burnt, or have a brown tint to it. Do i leave it, or do a full flush?

Your has a dipstick? My A7 G37x didn't. You needed to fill it by the fill port on the pan with the engine running lol

BTW, that ATF myth about not changing it is based on some truth, but doesn't necessarily apply to all cars. New ATF has a lot of detergent, and the argument was that an old car will have gunk and grime from worn out clutches stuck everywhere inside the transmission that will be loosened up by fresh ATF. What happens then is that the clutch dust clogs up the succion filter which burns the pump. Then you're fucked.

Modern automatics usually have a screen strainer that won't get clogged by clutch dust, and transmission are built way better than an old TH350. Clutch materials and fluid technology has also evolved a lot.

If you want to be safe you can do several fluid flushes in a short period of time.

Your has a dipstick? My A7 G37x didn't. You needed to fill it by the fill port on the pan with the engine running lol

BTW, that ATF myth about not changing it is based on some truth, but doesn't necessarily apply to all cars. New ATF has a lot of detergent, and the argument was that an old car will have gunk and grime from worn out clutches stuck everywhere inside the transmission that will be loosened up by fresh ATF. What happens then is that the clutch dust clogs up the succion filter which burns the pump. Then you're fucked.

Modern automatics usually have a screen strainer that won't get clogged by clutch dust, and transmission are built way better than an old TH350. Clutch materials and fluid technology has also evolved a lot.

If you want to be safe you can do several fluid flushes in a short period of time.

same thing is said about switching a car that has ran for 200 000km on mineral oil to synthetic oil, for the same reasons he mentionned.

hahahah, this is pita to fill !

I have a dipstick. Vq35de

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

same thing is said about switching a car that has ran for 200 000km on mineral oil to synthetic oil, for the same reasons he mentionned.

Pas tout à fait.

Sur un char "moderne" aucune problème de passer à de la synthétique même à haut millage. Ce myth provient des plus problèmes avec des vieux seals secs qui pouvaient se mettre à couler sur des vieux chars... aujourd'hui y'a aucun problème.
Je l'ai fait sur mes Honda/Acura et un Jeep, jamais eu de trouble.

I need to change the pan. It's rusted too much to my liking. I might as well change everything while it's off. It has a filter, so I'll check it and see how bad it looks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pas tout à fait.

Sur un char "moderne" aucune problème de passer à de la synthétique même à haut millage. Ce myth provient des plus problèmes avec des vieux seals secs qui pouvaient se mettre à couler sur des vieux chars... aujourd'hui y'a aucun problème.
Je l'ai fait sur mes Honda/Acura et un Jeep, jamais eu de trouble.

Toujours entendu dire que de switcher à la syntech remplie d'agents détergents après autant de KM pouvait dégommer du buildup et pouvais causer des dommages.

Mais perso j'ai toujours pensé que c'était des histoires à dormir debout :p

Toujours entendu dire que de switcher à la syntech remplie d'agents détergents après autant de KM pouvait dégommer du buildup et pouvais causer des dommages.

Mais perso j'ai toujours pensé que c'était des histoires à dormir debout :p

Oui c'est populaire comme histoire, mais ce sont des histoires de grand père lol.

Un peu comme dans les débuts de l'essence sans plomb, tous les bonhommes racontaient que ça brûlait les sièges de valves. Techniquement c'est vrai, mais on parle de moteurs construits dans les années 30 lol

Back