Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

let's say there's a gas smell around/inside a Grand Vitara, what's a good way to determine where's the fuel leak ?? Injector? gas pump? gas tank ? fuel lines?
one o2 sensor is missing (it's been a while, didn't matter much) and when odb2 sensor was plugged, it said "o2 sensor problem"

Car sometimes hesitate to start, battery is fairly new, does it looks like a starter problem, or it's related to gas smell problem...

(note: windows are always cracked/open even in winter)

question, du filler a plastique

ca dis ''commence a durcir en 5 minutes et atteint une résistance utile en 4 heures'' je dois attend 4 heures avant de sabler ou je peux sabler apres 5 minutes?

ca dis ''commence a durcir en 5 minutes et atteint une résistance utile en 4 heures'' je dois attend 4 heures avant de sabler ou je peux sabler apres 5 minutes?

Si tu sable juste au papier sablé attend qui sois completement seche.

Ouais je dois sabler au papier sabler et à la main vu l'endroit où je dois sabler.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

T'as 5 minutes pour le taponner pis le mouler comme tu veux.

Attends 4 heures pour le sabler.

techniquement après 5 minutes c'est pour le cheese grater
c'est trop mou pour le papier sablé, mais parefait pour ''scrapé/formé''
ensuite après 4 heures si ton mix est bon go le sablage
IMAG0814.jpg

How do you store a sports car in an unheated garage during winter, and how often do you have to start it? It's not a vintage. It's pretty much brand new.

Setup is locked doors, concrete floor, wooden walls with galvanized steel outdoor panels, and the roof is 3 years old. Never had a leak nor rodents inside.

Different opinions different ways to do it. Let's hear it.

They way I do it
1- inflate tires
2- fill up gas + stabilizer
3- closer windows/holes
4- connect battery tender
5- wait for spring

How do you store a sports car in an unheated garage during winter, and how often do you have to start it? It's not a vintage. It's pretty much brand new.

Setup is locked doors, concrete floor, wooden walls with galvanized steel outdoor panels, and the roof is 3 years old. Never had a leak nor rodents inside.

Different opinions different ways to do it. Let's hear it.
Don't start it. You will only hurt the engine/empty the battery more.

They way I do it
1- inflate tires
2- fill up gas + stabilizer
3- closer windows/holes
4- connect battery tender
5- wait for spring

Don't start it. You will only hurt the engine/empty the battery more.

What they said.

Also, cold starting and not letting warm up properly in the winter will create this ugly mayonnaise in the oil. It's humidity that's trapped in there mixing with oil... not really harmful apparently but still.

103510d1325970739-mayo-condensation-oil-cimg2644.jpg

Also for my vintage car I leave it in neutral with no handbrake and just put a little block of wood. Once in a while I move it back and forth.... while it’s off just so it can sit on a different part of the tire and things still move around a little. I also take out the battery and put it on the workbench but with something underneath it .. piece of wood or plastic whatever . Once it’s spring time , first drive out is always a little cautious one , burn off the old gas and stabilizer as much as possible . Put fresh gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, so

Block the wheels, no handbrakes, over inflate tires for bald spots, battery tender, socks in exhaust pipe, tarp underneath, car cover, gaz with additive ( full tank or nay? ), fresh oil change that'll be dumped first thing in spring, anything with the coolant so it doesn't turn bad? and also forget it from december to march, don't bother starting it.

I mean it's a fresh start and a new summer car so might aswell do a good routine, as I've never had anything that's worth keeping in a garage over winter....

Also RED96EK my 97 Golf did that all the time in cold weather. Tought it was a oil mixing with coolant.

Also RED96EK my 97 Golf did that all the time in cold weather. Tought it was a oil mixing with coolant.

It can happen due to a blown headgasket... that's whole other issue. A more serious one at that.

But it's mainly caused by short trips and not letting the ending warm up fully when it's cold out. Very common with elderly folks who drive their car to the grocery store and back in the winter and not much else. Humidity stays trapped in the engine instead of being evaporated and sucked out by the pcv system. When the engine does not get warm enough to get rid of it, it stays mixed in with oil and will cause that.

Moe jle décolle l'hiver pour que mon pijama sente bon, il sent le gawz !!!!

P.S. c'est pas un cambouis de condensation. Sont moins jaune messemble.

Une table de suspension Ultra Power a 43$ pour un mazda 3 qui fait 5000km par année, ça va toffer plus que 6 mois?

Back