*** Pothole Thread 2018 ***

I don't have pictures but I can tell you that St-Laurent north from Laurier until Jarry has just exploded in a mine field of holes. It was slalom time this morning and I still caught a few.

Highway 40

I have Waze on whenever I drive and I think it would be easier and more productive if they had an option that would be "No potholes, drive normally."

The Ile aux Tourtes Vaudreuil bridge is a fucking mine field.

To people's point about infinite potholes, I know pointing out potholes in Quebec is like counting grain of sand on a beach but one of these pothole caused a blown tire (you can see the guy on the second photo). Those are definately worth posting

40 East exit ramp to Henri-Bourassa/Hymus

Start.jpg

End.jpg

Also what gives with these snow barrier. The road is clean and then all of a sudden the snow bank starts out of nowhere. The most dangerous i've seen so far is getting on the highway. Definitely would cause the airbags to deploy if you hit it.

Snow Barrier.jpg

Louis-H vers le nord!

2cd8the.png

Highway 40

I have Waze on whenever I drive and I think it would be easier and more productive if they had an option that would be "No potholes, drive normally."

The Ile aux Tourtes Vaudreuil bridge is a fucking mine field.

Same here....went on the south shore last night and it wouldn't shup up with the pothole warnings! lol

Je sais pas si c'est la rampe qui passe par dessus la 40 mais c'est assez desastreux....vendredi a 5am environ il y avait 4 chars + towing arrêtés a la hauteur du Mayrand apres cette rampe et ils avaient tous des pneus pétés...

Louis-Bisson bridge southbound (13S) is a bloody disaster. I mean, it's always bad, but all of a sudden, someone got explosives for Christmas and properly f***ed it up. Literally, over the span of the holidays, it's disgusting in almost all the lanes through almost the entire length.

It was the same deal last year too. Not sure why they keep using playdough to patch the thing.

on another note, does anyone know why we don't use cement for all roadwork? I'm sure it's more expensive initially...but I can't remember a single cement road that didn't last 10 times longer than the sh!t we have.
Besides, cement is produced locally (Lafarge / Port-Daniel-Gascons) instead of petroleum (mix of Canada and abroad) and it's cleaner to produce and refine.

Its suprising how people forget about the concrete cartel and the bridge issue all over the province !!

ok it's a bit different with road...but from what i understand ..it last longer IF installed properly but there are still issue ... (in theory normal road last 10Y versus concrete 25 to 30Y, when was the last time you saw a road last more than a winter ??)

if water get's into the seal it will still crack...

didn't know about the sound but that could explain why in some area the last layer is asphalt

There's a pothole the size of a turkey pan on the 40E service road right after the St-John's exit. I swear the Sidekick was airborne for a second.

I don't post here much, but I figured this would help who ever got their cars damaged today at the Exit 58 (Henri-Bourassa) on the 40 East Bound.

The city puts these stupid rules in place for you to claim what is rightfully yours (damages to your car), so here you go:

I don't post here much, but I figured this would help who ever got their cars damaged today at the Exit 58 (Henri-Bourassa) on the 40 East Bound.

The city puts these stupid rules in place for you to claim what is rightfully yours (damages to your car), so here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZi4imJ0am0

you should check these stupid rules again
you C'ANT claim road damage for tire and suspension since 1993

We have been fixing flat tires, bent rims and suspension components for the past week, this year the pot holes are horrible but I think we say that every year

My brother hit a pothole near du parc, 2 flat tires 2 cracked rims. Brand new G80 2018. So 2 new tires +2 new mags, 2700$. He was soooooo happy.

C’est certain que ca va etre la pire année ever, des froids ont est habitué mais de passer de -30 à +9 d’une journée à l’autre comme il y a deux semaines c’est pas commun et c’est horrible pour les routes...

Le lendemain de cette fameuse journée il y avait des potholes de la grosseur d’un char dans tous les embranchements d’autoroutes c’est assez incroyable...

Fuckin hell my car is damaged again thanks to a pothole :squintfin:squintfin:squintfin
Boul. Arthur Sauve in the right lane somewhere between the Velo store and 10e Rue

Sur Docteur-Penfield entre la rue Peel et Avenue Des Pins c'est digne d'un bombardement.

papineau south of the 40 is a minefield. huge pothole right at the corner of Jarry, I think I made it worst going over it in my truck.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Back