2018 Spotted Thread

Me suis déjà informé auprès de B-Pro... vraiment overpriced. Ils chargeaient environ 2000$ pour le transport du Japon à leurs shop et un autre 3000$ pour l’envoyer à Montréal. Tsé quand l’auto se trouve à 1500$ aù Japon mais que le transport est trois fois et demi son prix...

Peut être , mais quand tu veut quelque chose d'assé exclusif il faut payer , ainsi va la vie ...

Me suis déjà informé auprès de B-Pro... vraiment overpriced. Ils chargeaient environ 2000$ pour le transport du Japon à leurs shop et un autre 3000$ pour l’envoyer à Montréal. Tsé quand l’auto se trouve à 1500$ aù Japon mais que le transport est trois fois et demi son prix...

2000$ du Japon est normal. Il faut le at sea insurance etc.

Mais 3k pour Montréal ça c’est cave. C’est 1500$ avec Livingston pour un Civic 2 portes (14 pieds de long)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000$ du Japon est normal. Il faut le at sea insurance etc.

Mais 3k pour Montréal ça c’est cave. C’est 1500$ avec Livingston pour un Civic 2 portes (14 pieds de long)

J’avais calculé pour le fun si j’allais chercher le véhicule moi-même combien j’économiserais pis y’avait un 500-750$ de lousse à la fin. Comment un aller simple sur un train ou un camion de l’Alberta à Montréal pourrait être plus cher qu’un aller-retour en train ou avec un truck de U-Haul pis une remorque? B-Pro se prend une grosse cote...

This one? Then it's me!
9cb51a49dafe638528d4777d9a26cbe8.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

OG, I know you said B-Pro has gone down the drain but I'll chime in with my 2 cents.

My personal experience with him in summer-fall 2016 was great. His "inventory" may be a bit more expensive than comparable cars were a year or two ago, but he still offers his broker service as far as I know. He charges you a $1000 flat rate, and takes care of everything for you. You can browse the auctions yourself, and he will also find cars that fit your criteria and send you the auction info. He claims the $1000 to be his only charge/profit. I questioned this at first but when I got my car, it came with all the paperwork/receipts and it all added up. The rest of your payment includes shipping (to port), brokerage, pre-shipping inspections and all the other fees that are associated with getting your car from the auction house to Canada. It can vary depending on your transport options but it generally costs ~$4000 on top of the purchase price of the car to get it landed here. Most of that is transport costs. I bet Legacys are going for as little as a few hundred dollars, maybe $1000 for a clean one. My Altezza Gita was won for 89,000 yen which was $962 CAD at the time. All-in landed in Vancouver was $5000. An extra $500 to get it shipped to Calgary. Brian arranged that for me too.

Brian was very helpful, dealt with me directly and answered all my questions promptly despite him clearly being very busy. He even hooked me up with his recommended inspection shop, and an insurance company on top of that. No complaints, I got A-1 service. I'll probably give him another shot next time..

Some of you are saying he's ripping people off with shipping.. When I dealt with him, he simply acted as a broker for the import. Everything was in my name, so like I said I had receipt for everything. For shipping from Vancouver to Calgary, I got an invoice direct from the company and paid them directly. $500 from Van to Cgy is reasonable.

OG, I know you said B-Pro has gone down the drain but I'll chime in with my 2 cents.

My personal experience with him in summer-fall 2016 was great. His "inventory" may be a bit more expensive than comparable cars were a year or two ago, but he still offers his broker service as far as I know. He charges you a $1000 flat rate, and takes care of everything for you. You can browse the auctions yourself, and he will also find cars that fit your criteria and send you the auction info. He claims the $1000 to be his only charge/profit. I questioned this at first but when I got my car, it came with all the paperwork/receipts and it all added up. The rest of your payment includes shipping (to port), brokerage, pre-shipping inspections and all the other fees that are associated with getting your car from the auction house to Canada. It can vary depending on your transport options but it generally costs ~$4000 on top of the purchase price of the car to get it landed here. Most of that is transport costs. I bet Legacys are going for as little as a few hundred dollars, maybe $1000 for a clean one. My Altezza Gita was won for 89,000 yen which was $962 CAD at the time. All-in landed in Vancouver was $5000. An extra $500 to get it shipped to Calgary. Brian arranged that for me too.

Brian was very helpful, dealt with me directly and answered all my questions promptly despite him clearly being very busy. He even hooked me up with his recommended inspection shop, and an insurance company on top of that. No complaints, I got A-1 service. I'll probably give him another shot next time..

Some of you are saying he's ripping people off with shipping.. When I dealt with him, he simply acted as a broker for the import. Everything was in my name, so like I said I had receipt for everything. For shipping from Vancouver to Calgary, I got an invoice direct from the company and paid them directly. $500 from Van to Cgy is reasonable.

Yeah i have a couple buddies who have had this exact experience through him.

Then they tried getting a second car.

Which is where it went sour. Anyways I personally wouldn’t get a vehicle from him just because of the way he addressed himself to me and another one of my buddies.

All other importers also do that flat fee and all numbers also add up. But for the same car with auction numbers I was quoted 3 different prices by 3 importers which I won’t name for obvious reasons. (Quote was for roro japan to van + inspection so I can drive directly to icbc and insure and drive off)

That being said, he’s not terrible, I was just better treated by a few other importers. When my Civic was totalled I was just about to pull the trigger on a wagon legacy but then insurance was jerking around and it took too long to get paid out and I couldn’t risk not having the car delivered before the end of my lease.

C’est rien contre toi mais ça m’énerve un peu ( des fois beaucoup ) ceux qui parlent en codes, comme si toute la planète savait ce que ça veut dire... J’ai bien beau connaître les chars et être en mesure d’apprécier une Intregra type R, je suis pas un pro du Honda. Ccw pour moi c’est Complete Custom Wheels et dc2, aucune calisse d’idée. Pis non, ça me tente pas toujours de googler.

CW: Championship White d habitude..
DC2: code de chassis integra TypeR 97-01 / GSR 94-01

Mais CCW ?!? Ca rime avec des belles roues trop chères pour moi lol

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

yup- even sometimes when you try to impress people with your car code knowledge- you get it wrong.

Championship White is CW- simple as that,

CCW are wheels.

Back