Samsung GearVR + Samsung Galaxy S7 + Arma 3 + A-10

sNAKE1337

Found a way to stream from the pc to my phone and use the GearVR, the sensors on the GearVr emulate the mouse, so by looking around, it kinda moves the mouse for you and it works very well! much much better than any cardboard VR Glasses because it uses your cellphones sensors.
gearvr does not support USB tethering so i will have to modify the connector to bypass the gearvr and use usb thetering but that will cause the gearvr sensors not to work
BUT, in my case, my wifi internet is pretty strong , so i was able to get 1080p resolution at 30fps and it was very playable, almost feels like its better than a occulus lol, the screen Resolution on the S7 is 2560x1440 so its not ugly .
here's a short sample, if anyone is interested in trying this out or doing something similar, i can tell you all the applications i used

ton S7 c'est ton telephone de tout les jours ? Tu peut continuer a l'utilisé après ?

J'ai un S8 et un gear VR 2. Sa m'intéresse !

I believe it's called VRidge: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riftcat.vridge&hl=en

I tested that last spring with my S7 and it's just an app you install on the phone and sync to the PC, then "fool" the computer into thinking you're using either an Oculus Rift or the Steam VR platform. I tried it with RE7 and it worked but gave an instant headache.

I also tried it with Project Cars but there was way too much lag back then.

Judging from the reviews it's not much better and it's only normal - USB doesn't have the bandwidth to provide the refresh rate, plus if you're transmitting data from your phone's gyroscope at the same time you're going to slow the whole thing to a slideshow.

But it's okay for some applications I suppose if they're slow enough.

Ça semble être trinus vr LG.

Ça l'air de passer par ton réseau aussi au lieu de juste usb

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I actually tried that one as well - the free version - and wasn't particularly pleased although looking at some of the reviews it looks like they've improved their product and I might try again when I have time.

ouais cest VRIdge, jai payer pour moi , oui cest mon telephone de tout les jours, quand jai fini je lenleve :p

Back