Not Another 2002 Project! Ernest’s 1974 build.

Parts update.

So Ernest has started spendin' da money.

- Front fenders from Walloth & Nesch
Very happy with his new purchase (which came with a parts catalogue). These Germans know how to do business.

- Hood Seal (reproductions) from Vintage Autobahn <-- I made him order a set along with my order :)
These are actually my hood seals sitting on top of my 2002, but you get the idea ;)

- M42 Subframe mount kit from Classic Daily

- M42 engine from BM Service Exclusif
Engine Pick up

...and dropped off at AV Fabrication for fitting on the subframe in the engine bay.

picked up the engine on valentine's day. That's why Julain looks extra happy to see me.
the v10 F350 is awesome to drive
i have relatively spent no money until I put the Ireland order through

Last Friday Night

2018-02-16

Well, I didn’t really feel like working on the ’02 but I said I would be there… so I went. Upon arrival, I discovered Ernest wasn’t interested in (pretending to) work. So, we didn’t accomplish much, I removed the exhaust header, downpipe and the front brakes/lines. I attempted to remove the pedal box which is just stuck in an area that's to tight to remove. After a while I gave up, so it's just hanging there.

Here are some photos Ernest took while I was under the car.

/art

Babysittin' & Go-Pro-in'

End of Night

Next (supposed) steps...

The 2002 will be towed to Ardo's AV Fabrication, the M10 engine will be removed and the M42 will be fitted.

Last edited:
I'm upper management, where's the two-hour version?

Also, the beer drinking to actually working on the car ratio is waaaaay too low. You've changed Ant, you've changed.

Keep up the good work!

I'm upper management, where's the two-hour version?

Also, the beer drinking to actually working on the car ratio is waaaaay too low. You've changed Ant, you've changed.

Keep up the good work!
Agreed! Ernest step up your beer service!!!!

I think we need to bring in a union.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Agreed! Ernest step up your beer service!!!!

I think we need to bring in a union.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

One day I run out of beer... will never hear the end of it.
Also you assholes should be working not drinking beer and shit...

Great tread (again!)
That card above got me to meet Lee and Pierre* more than 20 years ago and start in the 02 world.

Nice memories

Pierre
02ti 69

Ernest’s part hoarding is now in full effect.

Just over a month ago, Ernest received his shinny new turbo…

Garrett GT25-550

…and about a week ago we drove down to Champlain (and P-burgh) to pick up some parts. I also had a few things to pick-up, but that’s for my thread.

Ernest’s selfie post-customs/duties.

Taking inventory. Volvo power!

And here’s the haul, laid out for your viewing pleasure.

The parts are primarily from Ireland Engineering, then some ECS (seals + gaskets), ebay and harbour freight.

The sexy IE BBK and my feet.

Notable items:
- IE Big Brake Kit (Wilwwod calipers)
- IE Turbo front air dam
- IE Fender flares
- IE Rear bumper
- IE Trunk spoiler
- IE Billet Accelerator Pedal​

spendin' Ernest's money,
Anthony​

Last edited:
let’s face it Ant has done so much for me. So I decided to buy him a gift.
It was between a Keychain for his 2002
A steering wheel cover for his 2002
Or a seat cover for his 2002

Things Ernest tried to buy me, while in Plattsburg by Anthony Guglielmi, on Flickr

He told me he hates all 3 of them and i'm a big A-Hole so I gave up on the gift idea!
Finally I tried to cheer him up with lunch. Apparently for Anthony "Chipotle is Life" :Woot::Woot:

Basically no progress at all since the last update except purchasing parts

The car needs to go to AV Fabrication to test fit the engine, header & turbo. I estimate another 2 years until the car is ready to drive

Color will probably be Stone Grey with brown/Camel interior. But i'm not 100% decided on that!

Last edited:
''Color will probably be Stone Grey with brown/Camel interior. But i'm not 100% decided on that!''

5996939360_cb554e23c3_o.jpg

Good choice for the color,,, of coarse there will be Turbo stripes on the side, nothing to radical to match the Garrett .

Bimmer Cop say BMW should all have BLACK interior !! Xcept old BMW without A/C .

Update: October 20, 2018

I passed by Ernest's place last week so figured I would update everyone with a new photo.

still following

Thk for the pic,,, look like the '' Beer problem '' solved... this car look really solid even naked.

Back