2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

If you wanna laugh, Bottas wants even stricter rules. This generation of drivers are the biggest cry babies of all time. I guess backmarkers don't have it difficult enough being 3 seconds a lap slower, they need to slam on the brakes and easily lose 2-4 seconds/lap letting someone through, repeated several times through the race.

Blue flags have always been a part of F1, but this ignore '3 or more' and you get penalized is absurd. The greats like Senna, Prost, Lauda, Schumacher had to muscle their way past notorious blockers like Arnoux, Alliot, DeCesaris, Grouillard who ignored blue flags for laps with no penalty. If you got stuck behind Arnoux at Monaco you lost 3 seconds a lap easy. I remember Rosberg the father deliberately block Senna in the lead while he was a lap down because Senna squeezed him into a spin a few laps earlier. I also remember Jos Verstappen punting Montoya off the track while leading somewhere lol..

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138775/fia-dismisses-bottas-plea-for-blue-flag-changes

Il y a une différence de plus de 6 sec au tour entre 2014 et 2018. C'est débile...

2014 était l'année des motorisations de nouvelle génération

Il y a une différence de plus de 6 sec au tour entre 2014 et 2018. C'est débile...

2014 était l'année des motorisations de nouvelle génération

Mais en 2017 les F1 ont été élargies avec des giga pneus et jumbo ailerons avant.

Alright, F1 2018 WC is decided. Congrats Lewis on your 5th F1 title, this year you proved you were mentally stronger than Vettel. Ferrari Engineers provided Vettel with the best car and he couldn't deliver, too many screw ups.

As for F1 in general, nothing exciting in 2018! It was a two car fight, in some ways Alonso was right to be vocal about F1 problems. Not sure what 2019 will have in store...

Brabham BT-49 and an ATS, so much downforce they ran with no front wings and hardly any wing on the back.

Don't forget Monza 1988, Jean-Louis Schlesser in his one and only F1 race decided to become infamous. Being lapped for the 2nd time (I think) collides with Senna and costs him the win and prevented a perfect 16/16 races for McLaren on the last lap.

Giovanazzi back to sauber !

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Good to see a young driver at Sauber alongside Kimi. We all knew Sauber was the baby Ferrari team, now it just confirms it even more.

The next Ferrari champion (if there is one) will be Leclerc. Vettel really blew it this year and he will be even under more pressure next year.

Good to see a young driver at Sauber alongside Kimi. We all knew Sauber was the baby Ferrari team, now it just confirms it even more.

The next Ferrari champion (if there is one) will be Leclerc. Vettel really blew it this year and he will be even under more pressure next year.

Vettel doesn't take pressure well. He doesn't show it as much as Lewis but they both have trouble with pressure. I think that the fact that Hamilton is winning the WC this year is due more to Ferrari/Vettel fails than Merc/Lewis achievements.

Vettel was great with a great car that was five football lengths ahead of everyone else at its worst, but the Ferrari package has been neck to neck with Merc all season.

Also the Ferrari strategists are absolutely abysmal.

Hankook avait de l'intérêt aux derniers appels d'offre aussi si je ne me trompe pas, sans jamais allé de l'avant. Peut-être que le switch à des rims 18" plus près des pneus de rue à convaincu leur board? Le problème c'est qu'ils vont devoir faire des pneus pour du 13" pour 2020 et switcher à du 18" pour 2021... Ça coute cher de développement pour une seule saison!

Ca va faire weird des F1 sur du 18"...

b7088509b06d8f64e5527d6887d2a62d.jpg

Looks like Ferrari's edge as all but vanished and Merc is back on top on technical front. Ferrari fans will have to wait yet again and hope for a better 2019.

Let's face it, Mercedes have the best resources and most money in F1. They are the giant.

Looks like Ferrari's edge as all but vanished and Merc is back on top on technical front. Ferrari fans will have to wait yet again and hope for a better 2019.

Also those late round circuits really suit the Mercs better than Ferrari. If they wanted to edge Mercs by the end of the season, they should been in front at this point.

Mercedes is a disgrace.

Toto Wolfe is a disgrace.

Lewis Hamilton is a disgrace.

What happened today is totally shameful.

Not that F1 isn't already a huge joke, today it hit new lows.

Yeah but it was OK when they allowed Shoemaker to do it for years....lol sux for bottas, but they have a championship to manage

Back