2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

I bought it at Chapters 40$ in hardcover. I don't buy books often but when I do it's hardcover

About 150 pages in. I can't put it down

Do you think Leclerc will go up to the Scuderia?

I think Ferrari need to sign him, clearly has talent. However, they are under no rush and it will come down to how Kimi performs in the coming races.

Vettel and Lewis are fortunate that Kimi has made mistakes and Valteri has been unfortunate because it would be a lot tighter up there...

If the rumors are true than Leclerc is already signed at Ferrari. If not another year at Sauber for him... Kimi has already pretty much said this might be his last but it's been his last season for the last 4 years.

The triple header was brutal on teams. It won't be happening again next season

The British media clearly can't digest Ferrari's 1-3 finish at the British GP. They are always talking down Ferrari and trying to stir controversy, from Autosport https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature/8362/is-free-energy-trick-the-key-to-ferrari-surge

Earlier this year there was huge intrigue over what Ferrari was doing with its battery system. Now the breakthrough it made is becoming clear, and it seems to have played a big part in Ferrari's surge to the top of the championship table

Ferrari's strong form at Silverstone a fortnight ago renewed focus on the progress the team has made with its car, and even prompted extra intrigue about a potential 'free' energy trick it has up its sleeve.

But rather than this being the start of a fresh cheating controversy, it instead appears that the boffins at Maranello may be doing something very clever to exploit a freedom in the rule book.

As long as Lewis wins with Merc, there was never any "intrigue" over the Mercedes car (even after their oil consumption, preference on tire selection, etc...)

Where is the objectivity gone??? It is good for F1 to have Ferrari back on top, much more so than Merc dominating.

On a side note, Lewis renewed his contract for 2-years.

You know you're dealing with asshats when they use words such as "fortnight" in an article written in 2018 about Formula 1.

Lewis is highly marketable, translates to roughly £6 per Instagram follower.

Highly marketable because the British media pretty much controls F1 media and love to put him on a pedestal. I think he's massively overpaid and overrated. We'll never know how much is Lewis or his cars as he's probably one of the only drivers in history to drive for a top contending team and have a car capable of winning or finishing top 3 straight away, every year, yet he's still miserable whenever he doesn't win. Even Senna had to drive bad cars that broke down almost every 2nd race for 3-4 years before he got a top drive. The man has absolutely zero personality.

Highly marketable because the British media pretty much controls F1 media and love to put him on a pedestal. I think he's massively overpaid and overrated. We'll never know how much is Lewis or his cars as he's probably one of the only drivers in history to drive for a top contending team and have a car capable of winning or finishing top 3 straight away, every year, yet he's still miserable whenever he doesn't win. Even Senna had to drive bad cars that broke down almost every 2nd race for 3-4 years before he got a top drive. The man has absolutely zero personality.
Mercedes has made their money back ... F1 was a great investment. They rebuilt their brand

His salary is insane considering that he came from no money at all. I used to hate Lewis in the beginning of his career, but looking at the bigger picture you realize that we may never see 2 4x wdc fighting it out for the championship in such equal cars from 2 different teams.

People love to complain, but we've never had it this good up front in the last 12 years.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

His salary is insane considering that he came from no money at all. I used to hate Lewis in the beginning of his career, but looking at the bigger picture you realize that we may never see 2 4x wdc fighting it out for the championship in such equal cars from 2 different teams.

People love to complain, but we've never had it this good up front in the last 12 years.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
He was picked up at McLaren early so don't feel so bad for him..

Back