2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

The day Ferrari needed a BIG result to lift everyone's spirits, Vettel puts it into the wall when leading comfortably. For a 4 time World Champion, he makes way too many mistakes. Too emotional for a German.

Ferrari Engineers & Mechanics have developed the best F1 car this year, yet both drivers fail to deliver. How many points did they throw away with stupid driving???

If you are Finnish, both your drivers were sacrificed yesterday for no reason but to please their cry baby so-called leaders. That is not F1.

Last but not least, I give up on the biased commentating we are subjected to on SKY Sports F1. When Kimi pits and comes out in front of Lewis, they criticize Ferrari tactics and this "is done to contain Lewis". Clearly didn't happen. Next, Kimi let's Vettel thru and again they criticize Ferrari. FFW to Lewis-Bottas, no issue there, all good because their boy Lewis is leading.

Ted Kravitz and SKY Sports company must really enjoy licking Hamilton's ass and balls.

Incroyable course, même avec quelques GP ennuyant je pense que cette saison va passer à l'histoire. J'imagine seulement si Renault avait un meilleur moteur, on aurait droit à une bataille à 3 écuries avec RBR!

C'est moi ou Brundle et Croft sont tellement occuper à jaser pendant que le feed montre une voiture rouler tout seul en avant qu'on perd le fil de ce qui ce passe dans le milieu de ploton? Ils ce sont juste rendu compte que Gasly était sur les full wet (WTF!?!?) après qu'il ait pris le champ, pas beaucoup de coverage sur ceux qui ont dégringolés à cause qu'ils ont mis des inters comme KMag qui roulait 6e ou Sainz dans les points, on a pas vu la remontée de Grosjean dans le dernier tour qui s'est offert les deux Force India...

On other news ça semble être la fin pour Force India selon AutoSport...

We hear rumours Force India might go into administration as early as this week, but will be sold & rescued soon after. Driver market on hold until team future is secured. Looks like Renault already got an option on Ocon.

Daddy Stroll to the rescue? Ça partirait un petit tour de chaise musicale pour certains pilotes.

Stroll --> Force India
Ocon --> Renault
Sainz --> McLaren
Vandoorne --> the backdoor

Ça laisserait une place chez Williams, Kubica ou un autre pay driver?

The day Ferrari needed a BIG result to lift everyone's spirits, Vettel puts it into the wall when leading comfortably. For a 4 time World Champion, he makes way too many mistakes. Too emotional for a German.

Ferrari Engineers & Mechanics have developed the best F1 car this year, yet both drivers fail to deliver. How many points did they throw away with stupid driving???

If you are Finnish, both your drivers were sacrificed yesterday for no reason but to please their cry baby so-called leaders. That is not F1.

Last but not least, I give up on the biased commentating we are subjected to on SKY Sports F1. When Kimi pits and comes out in front of Lewis, they criticize Ferrari tactics and this "is done to contain Lewis". Clearly didn't happen. Next, Kimi let's Vettel thru and again they criticize Ferrari. FFW to Lewis-Bottas, no issue there, all good because their boy Lewis is leading.

Ted Kravitz and SKY Sports company must really enjoy licking Hamilton's ass and balls.

I agree but of course the brits will fanboy the brits...

One thing's for sure, if Kimi had been ahead instead of Vettel he would not have put his car into the tyre wall. I think Ferrari's money on Vettel is poorly judged and I'd LOVE to see him replaced by Daniel Ricciardo while Ferrari has a good car, but it won't happen.

From what I hear Stroll has been at odds with Williams this season over them not forming a tech partnership with Benz much like Haas has with Ferrari. Thus he started to shop around for another team as Williams did not want to see a major stake

Let's not forget that Martini is leaving Williams after this season as well

Perez might end up as Haas...

On other news ça semble être la fin pour Force India selon AutoSport...

Daddy Stroll to the rescue? Ça partirait un petit tour de chaise musicale pour certains pilotes.

Stroll --> Force India
Ocon --> Renault
Sainz --> McLaren
Vandoorne --> the backdoor

Ça laisserait une place chez Williams, Kubica ou un autre pay driver?

I agree but of course the brits will fanboy the brits...

One thing's for sure, if Kimi had been ahead instead of Vettel he would not have put his car into the tyre wall. I think Ferrari's money on Vettel is poorly judged and I'd LOVE to see him replaced by Daniel Ricciardo while Ferrari has a good car, but it won't happen.

Kimi sits 3rd in the World Championship, 57 points adrift. I would love to see him win a couple of races and rob Lewis and Vettel of the title and then stick it to Ferrari. That is wishful thinking...

With Marchionne's situation, rumors have it that Kimi will remain at Ferrari next year and Leclerc will move to Haas. At this point, I agree, I would like to see Ricciardo at Vettel's place.

Kimi sits 3rd in the World Championship, 57 points adrift. I would love to see him win a couple of races and rob Lewis and Vettel of the title and then stick it to Ferrari. That is wishful thinking...

With Marchionne's situation, rumors have it that Kimi will remain at Ferrari next year and Leclerc will move to Haas. At this point, I agree, I would like to see Ricciardo at Vettel's place.

So if you're Hass, who do you keep next year Grosjean or KMag???

I just took a look to the driver situation for 2019 and besides both Mercs drivers, Vettel and Verstappen, every contracts are up for renewal! It could open the door for a lot of rookies, if Leclerc moves up then I guess Giovinazzi is next in line for Sauber. McLaren probably wants to give a steering to Lando Norris next year and don't forget that Latifi's father bought for 260M US$ worth of shares... Mercedes couldn't find a spot for Wehrlein this year and might try to bring him back, but there's also George Russell in the mix. Interesting times!

https://thesportsrush.com/lawrence-stroll-has-bought-force-india/

548986d1669203c301c133d825a3ccee.png

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

So if you're Hass, who do you keep next year Grosjean or KMag???

I just took a look to the driver situation for 2019 and besides both Mercs drivers, Vettel and Verstappen, every contracts are up for renewal! It could open the door for a lot of rookies, if Leclerc moves up then I guess Giovinazzi is next in line for Sauber. McLaren probably wants to give a steering to Lando Norris next year and don't forget that Latifi's father bought for 260M US$ worth of shares... Mercedes couldn't find a spot for Wehrlein this year and might try to bring him back, but there's also George Russell in the mix. Interesting times!
It's hard at Haas. Grosjean has carried the team since the start but this season Kmag has been the leader. Round 1 aside .. Kmag will be keeping his seat for sure, he's contacted until 2020 I believe. Grosjean is the big question make. He's cost the team at crap load of points... They would be P4 in WCC now...

It's funny how people keep blaming Brit media for being biased but nobody ever blames the French or even Italian media for being biased.

Williams is in trouble as well and the only way out is for CW to GTFO and perhaps selling the team would be the best way to save the Williams name. They do have great facilities for someone that would understand motorsports. Patrick Head and Frank Williams were a great duo in their time.

It's too easy to put the blame on a single person (CW) when you don't know what's going on inside of Williams and what are the decisions they took. Yet they sure are the worst team in F1 right now... Where does it come from, shitty engineering? bad CFD models? bad management? Hard to tell i'd say. Williams is in a tough spot right now with regulations, they aren't a works team, but they are an engineering/racing company, so the easy way out of buying parts from Mercs means firing people, losing brains and on the long run losing your identity. The Haas model might work newcomers or other teams, but it's a different story for Williams. It's a balancing act between performance and how much do you value your independance.

But then again, looking back at the last 5 seasons with the Mercedes engine deal, they went from 3rd to last... They might better be off with selling a bit of their soul to stay alive and that might just be what they did since they'll use Mercedes gearbox and rear suspension next year, so they'll have more man power to work on other areas of the car. I believe that most of Williams' success came from their drivetrain superiority, rather then their own engineering... Fast in straight line, slow everywhere else... I think they need a good shake up in the areo department first.

Back