2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

Stoffel is out at McLaren for next season. Lando Norris in.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

cf578c4988820e778c4572611d400ade.png

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

McLaren had no choice. It was either Norris got a ride with MCL or became a free agent

It's pretty likely that Stoffel F1 career is over

People get sour because HAM can sometimes out talent VET and handle pressure better. Yesterday was HAM finest drive IMO

As much as I repect your F1 knowledge, I dont agree. Vettel should have been more conservative and wait. But no way it was HAM best drive, seriously? He only waited and passed kimi on blown tires. Ham was 1 sec behind kimi the whole race before the first pit stop , Kimi pits , gets free air and clean track and banging all the fastest lap, then get stuck behing ham wingman , from +7 to almost nothing..... Yellow flag helped for maybe 2 sec of that time, but still.....

As much as I repect your F1 knowledge, I dont agree. Vettel should have been more conservative and wait. But no way it was HAM best drive, seriously? He only waited and passed kimi on blown tires. Ham was 1 sec behind kimi the whole race before the first pit stop , Kimi pits , gets free air and clean track and banging all the fastest lap, then get stuck behing ham wingman , from +7 to almost nothing..... Yellow flag helped for maybe 2 sec of that time, but still.....

The problem with Ferrari is they simply suck at strategy then you have VET seeing the red mist.

When Vettel spun on lap 1 that put all the pressure on Kimi. Hamilton was so lucky he didn't get a puncture or any damage at all from the 1st lap incident. Vettel was never a threat for the podium after lap 1 although several track errors cost him the chance to go 1 v 1 with Bottas. Then Ferrari really blew it when they pulled Kimi in so early and stuck him with tires that had to make through the rest of the race? Granted Ferrari didn't have a lot of options with Vettel basically out of the race after lap 1. Mercedes pushed Kimi so hard his tires disintegrated.

Mercedes is a well oiled machine. Bottas is doing exactly what a No.2 driver should be doing.

Vettel a ruiné sa course, lui seul est à blâmer
Ferrari a ruiné la course de Kimi avec pas de tests de pneus ultra soft vendredi et samedi, sucks to be them
Ver n'avait qu'a ne pas bouger dans la zone de freinage, stop swearing for a mistake you only did to yourself..il le savait clairement
Excellente course avec de l'action... ça faisait du bien.
Daniel a jou. de malchance encore avec un panne d'hydraulique..:(

The problem with Ferrari is they simply suck at strategy then you have VET seeing the red mist. Mercedes is a well oiled machine. Bottas is doing exactly what a No.2 driver should be doing.

Umm no. What Mercedes is doing with Bottas is a whole new level of team orders as was previously seen in F1 where if the #2 was ahead of the #1 on the track he'd let him pass. They are using Bottas and strategically placing him on the track by either telling him to speed up, slow down, keep him on worn tires or pitting for fresh ones to deliberately impede Ferrari. To me this is a new level and is clearly a deliberate attempt to dictate the results of a race. This works because in this joke of an era of F1 passing is near impossible and only 4 cars are on the same universe now that the RedBulls have plummeted.

People get sour because HAM can sometimes out talent VET and handle pressure better. Yesterday was HAM finest drive IMO

Ok your credibility is taking a knock here unless you're trolling. This is a ridiculous thing to say since without Bottas help Ham may not have won. Hamilton's best drive (by far) was Silverstone 2008 where he almost lapped the whole field in wet conditions. Oh and that was in a real F1 car that was actually a challenge to drive, not this digital autonomous BS with Ultra glue at each corner.

The problem with Ferrari is they simply suck at strategy then you have VET seeing the red mist.

When Vettel spun on lap 1 that put all the pressure on Kimi. Hamilton was so lucky he didn't get a puncture or any damage at all from the 1st lap incident. Vettel was never a threat for the podium after lap 1 although several track errors cost him the chance to go 1 v 1 with Bottas. Then Ferrari really blew it when they pulled Kimi in so early and stuck him with tires that had to make through the rest of the race? Granted Ferrari didn't have a lot of options with Vettel basically out of the race after lap 1. Mercedes pushed Kimi so hard his tires disintegrated.

Mercedes is a well oiled machine. Bottas is doing exactly what a No.2 driver should be doing.

This ^

Vettel in the last two seasons has proven he is a demolition derby champion. He had a car to challenge Lewis since last season but Sebastian and Ferrari keep blowing it by either crashing out of races (both Seb and Kimi) or by being piss poor strategists.

There was literally no urgency to pit Kimi on lap 20 on Sunday. They pitted him because Merc faked a pit stop. All they had to do was wait for Lewis to actually pit then on the next lap go ahead and pit and they probably would've won that race.

Yes, Ferrari bit that pit lane bait more then once this season.

Last edited:
There is a good piece in an Italian publication whereby Ferrari has decided to go with Leclerc for 2019 (no official announcement yet). Marchionne wanted Leclerc, when he passed away Arrivabene was leaning towards Raikkonen however the higher powers of Elkaan (Ferrari president) and the team is no longer in a position to lean on Raikkonen to assist.

If this is true then Vettel is on his own for the rest of the season to fight for the championship which is slipping away...

There is a good piece in an Italian publication whereby Ferrari has decided to go with Leclerc for 2019 (no official announcement yet). Marchionne wanted Leclerc, when he passed away Arrivabene was leaning towards Raikkonen however the higher powers of Elkaan (Ferrari president) and the team is no longer in a position to lean on Raikkonen to assist.

If this is true then Vettel is on his own for the rest of the season to fight for the championship which is slipping away...

Vettel has been pretty much on his own all season. Ferrari could have easily brought in Kimi for a tire change, which would have been justified given the condition of his tires anyway, after he lost the lead to promote Vettel another place or even a possible second if he pulled a Bottas and ended up slowing up VER and BOT enough so Vettel collects an additional 3-6 points. Yet for whatever reason Ferrari left Vettel to fend for himself with the right side of the car smashed and missing. We aren't privy to the all the radio transmissions but it's clear Kimi will not play a 'wingman' role for Vettel certainly not in what is looking like his last year in F1.

Vettel has been pretty much on his own all season. Ferrari could have easily brought in Kimi for a tire change, which would have been justified given the condition of his tires anyway, after he lost the lead to promote Vettel another place or even a possible second if he pulled a Bottas and ended up slowing up VER and BOT enough so Vettel collects an additional 3-6 points. Yet for whatever reason Ferrari left Vettel to fend for himself with the right side of the car smashed and missing. We aren't privy to the all the radio transmissions but it's clear Kimi will not play a 'wingman' role for Vettel certainly not in what is looking like his last year in F1.

GOOD.

Vettel sucks...

and this is from a Ferrari fan. When's Seb's contract up?

GOOD.

Vettel sucks...

and this is from a Ferrari fan. When's Seb's contract up?

I don't think Vettel sucks, it is the first time in his career that he's been under so much pressure to perform and win. When he won his championships at RBR, they had a dominant car and he destroyed his teammates. This year we are witnessing the best of Hamilton, mentally and physically. He's been lucky on occasion but people tend to create their own luck.

What is unfortunate is the Ferrari engineers delivered the best car and both drivers cannot capitalize. As much as I like Kimi, Monza proved he needs to go. He could have made life a lot more difficult for Lewis, just like Verstappen did for Bottas.

I don't think Vettel sucks, it is the first time in his career that he's been under so much pressure to perform and win. When he won his championships at RBR, they had a dominant car and he destroyed his teammates. This year we are witnessing the best of Hamilton, mentally and physically. He's been lucky on occasion but people tend to create their own luck.

What is unfortunate is the Ferrari engineers delivered the best car and both drivers cannot capitalize. As much as I like Kimi, Monza proved he needs to go. He could have made life a lot more difficult for Lewis, just like Verstappen did for Bottas.

Kimi followed his race engineers instructions.

They pitted him too early, then after that they told him to PUSH HARD and that it was CRITICAL.

He pushed hard and burned his tyres but he made up what? 6 seconds in 4 laps on Lewis? But then he landed behind Bottas with no chance of passing him.

Then when Lewis caught him and passed him there was nothing he could've done on those tyres without crashing.

As for Vettel with Red Bull, don't you find it odd how he left as soon as the other manufacturers started catching up, for a "better" up and coming team, leaving behind Ricciardo (Who IMHO is a better driver than Vettel) and a declining car.

Don't forget who his team mate was with RBR when he won his championships: Mark Webber...

But yeah, I really hope Kimi gets to leave Ferrari behind this season. They don't deserve him. I think he'd be a great fit for HAAS racing next season if they don't sign Grosjean.

Or he can retire from F1. If he does I really hope he winds up somewhere we get to see him live, like Rallyecross.

Also knowing Ferrari if Leclerc starts to deliver they will focus on him leaving Seb out. Seb has lost 125pts due to mistakes..

Leclerc to Ferrari announcement for 2019 is imminent...

Lapo Elkann posted on FB prematurely and immediately removed, a matter of time.

Back