2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

Ferrari finally might have Mercedes truly beat on pure speed and pace. VET and RAI sit .5s faster, Ferrari Party Mode? Bottas 2nd race in a row where he out qualified HAM.I really did not expect there to be a qualifying session where Ferrari outpaced Mercedes by half a second.

Cant wait too see both cars on soft tires for the first stint.. if the mercedes are as slow on supersofts as they were in q3... they might opt for mediums?! Who knows.

Ferrari has this in the bag unless hamilton really gets a sick first stint..

Cant wait for corner 1-2-3.. always sick

Cant wait too see both cars on soft tires for the first stint.. if the mercedes are as slow on supersofts as they were in q3... they might opt for mediums?! Who knows.

I really wanted to see RAI on pole but VET lap was flawless. 3 races in and this about when we start figuring out who has what...

Same here!! But at the same time.. since race 1 kimi has had subpar starts.. so for vettel to start 1 or 2 nd begind raikonnen didnt really change anything lol

That 1st lap will be messy lol

We will have to wait & see until tomorrow to get a good picture. Cold weather played a role today, let's see if Ferrari is as dominant tomorrow.

I'm told "...Honda is promising 30 or so more horses for the Canadian GP.
They're doing a lot better this season so far.."

We will have to wait & see until tomorrow to get a good picture. Cold weather played a role today, let's see if Ferrari is as dominant tomorrow.
Ferrari has already proven to have better race pace. ..

Imo VET is getting into HAM head. It's starting to look like 2016 again

Ferrari has already proven to have better race pace. ..

Imo VET is getting into HAM head. It's starting to look like 2016 again

VET is smarter this year, always telling how Merc got better pace and everything, and they need to further improve . Will see tomorow , but pretty sure it will be 3rd straight win for Vet and first corner clash between RBR and bottas or hamilton.

I'm told "...Honda is promising 30 or so more horses for the Canadian GP.
They're doing a lot better this season so far.."

30 Honda HP, must equal 10-12 ferrari/Merc hp hehe. They promised the same last year to Mclaren only to still be last in straight speed

I would not count Merc out of the race just yet...Lewis is capable of wining this race.

I wouldnt bet on that at all.....unless their is engine failure or accident, I dont see Ham winning this week-end, he should be worried behind with Ric and Ver before honestly

All the top 6 qualified cars must start with the purple ultrasofts since those are the tyres they qualified their best time with. What they do afterwards will depend but if it's still < 20°C I doubt they'll go for medium tyres.

China sees official tyre suppliers Pirelli take the somewhat unusual step of selecting non-sequential compounds. Teams can use the white-marked medium and the yellow-marked soft, but then there is a jump to the purple ultrasoft – available for the first time here – missing out the red supersoft, which was the softest compound in Shanghai last year.

If anything they might go for the softs but that will depend. Can't wait to see that race, last week-end was one of the best races in a while.

All the top 6 qualified cars must start with the purple ultrasofts since those are the tyres they qualified their best time with. What they do afterwards will depend but if it's still < 20°C I doubt they'll go for medium tyres.

If anything they might go for the softs but that will depend. Can't wait to see that race, last week-end was one of the best races in a while.
Both Merc and Ferrari set their Q2 times on the soft. They will start on that tire.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back