2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

I call BS.Rich Energy's finances are pretty sketchy and they don't actually have the cash to buy the team

it mean that Ric his flushing his career down the toilet if you ask me

that's what people said about Lewis Hamilton. But you can also argue that's what Alonso did too...
The point is, I think he really wanted to avoid the Honda PU

I am surprised by the 2-year deal then again contracts can be broken. It is a good move for Ric, he's been wasting his time at RBR and clearly Horner favors Max. Secondly, what guarantees RBR will be any better with the Honda engines next year.

Kimi will stay at Ferrari.

DNF or SC (or VSC also just to make sure not to trigger venom) might happen still.

On a different note, I let the TV play and that F2 comnmentator on Sky is a fkg RIOT. How could anyone not like this guy: Roobertoh must deeefend heez seekound pooozishone!

LOL. He is funny It's Davide Valsecchi, he was GP2 champ a few years ago & did one race for Renault in F1.

Le consortium comprend également l'entrepreneur canadien André Desmarais, Jonathan Dudman, de l'entreprise Monaco Sports and Management, John Idol, dirigeant de la marque de mode Michael Kors, l'investisseur John McCaw fils, l'expert financier Michael de Picciotto et l'associé de Lawrence Stroll, Silas Chou.

That's a tough investment. I'm not entirely sure anyone expects them to turn a profit so why are they doing it?

Say what you want about Stroll but he's committed to the sport. This is great news

This leaves Williams in a very tough spot...

Very happy about Larry Stroll buying FI. They have a great ratio of performance for dollars spent and the Merc PU. I wish them great success.

That being said, anyone knows unril when they have the Merc PU? Could STR be tempted to get a Scuderia PU in the future?

Very happy about Larry Stroll buying FI. They have a great ratio of performance for dollars spent and the Merc PU. I wish them great success.

That being said, anyone knows unril when they have the Merc PU? Could STR be tempted to get a Scuderia PU in the future?

Entire car would need to be redesigned to fit a Ferrari PU. They will likely stick to Mercedes until the next major rule change, also I believe Ferrari isn't looking to power anyone else. They seem happy with Haas and Sauber partnerships.

Makes sense. Just out of curiosity and for the sake of coversation, don’t Ferrari provide Haas with rear end and/or suspension parts as well?

Back