2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

I have this hanging up on my office wall...
78fffa0413534fea91b61f39ad4359ae.jpg

Best season in ages! What a race and what a championship.

Ça fait 2 courses que HAM part dernier et qu’il fini 1et 2. Nice race by Bottas to. Si ça n’avait pas pris 20 secondes changer ses pneus, il aurait fini premier

Vettel lost this one like a maroon. Kimi could've/should've been more aggressive at the end after the safety car.

CJ: Do you know how to do anything BESIDES troll? Lots of non traditional jobs for women out there... just sayin'.

Vettel lost this one like a maroon. Kimi could've/should've been more aggressive at the end after the safety car.

CJ: Do you know how to do anything BESIDES troll? Lots of non traditional jobs for women out there... just sayin'.
Where am I trolling? Seriously, get a life lol

Huge win for HAM and Mercedes. First 1-2 for Mercedes in Germany

Wait, because He crossed the pit entry lane to get back on track for no valuable reason.... he should get a penalty. It was total cnfusion at the Merc pit boot and knew he would be stuck behind bottas for long, so he cut across and back on track...

Wait, because He crossed the pit entry lane to get back on track for no valuable reason.... he should get a penalty. It was total cnfusion at the Merc pit boot and knew he would be stuck behind bottas for long, so he cut across and back on track...

If the FIA didnt issue a penalty, its because it isnt illegal. I wasnt too sure myself, but if no penalty was issued, there is nothing more to say about that.

If the FIA didnt issue a penalty, its because it isnt illegal. I wasnt too sure myself, but if no penalty was issued, there is nothing more to say about that.

No one care about you here, my post was for the real people following F1 not you....sorry cant take your comment seriously

No one care about you here, my post was for the real people following F1 not you....sorry cant take your comment seriously

Lol you’re too butthurt because you talked your mouth too much after a qualifying session....forgetting there was a race to be raced lolllll

Lol you’re too butthurt because you talked your mouth too much after a qualifying session....forgetting there was a race to be raced lolllll

this, and its hard to take your comment seriously too since you are Vettel fanboy level 9999 and you think you're above FIA, if the same thing have happened to anyone else you wouldnt give a shit and when someone isn't approving your comment, they are looking for attentions...

While the Merc has never been great in dirty air HAM can respond very well to closing the gap and passing. Ferrari has a great package, it's a bomb down the straights but Mercedes is still the No.1 team. Vettel was forcing HAM to wear out his tires which is exactly what happened, but it could have been Vettel cooking his tires from HAM pressure if the roles were reversed (the win in Montreal was thanks to Giovianzi being in the simulator at HQ for over 12hours). Silverstone and Monza are the real tests, if Mercedes has a bad weekend at Silverstone I will agree that the Championships are swaying in Ferrari's direction and Merc will be in minor crisis mode.

Both RBR and Ferrari were very conservative with their pace to make the one stop work after very early tire change, driving in mid-high 1:18s when they could go in the 16s as Kimi showed with his fast lap and Ricciardo with his early attack. Horner didn't expect much today, he admitted it during the prerace show. After Danny Rics failure VER was told to change engine mode. There was much more pace in those cars....

As I said before I neither support Ferrari or Merc. I want good racing which is what we had today. Old school failures and a massive amount of DNFs.

Now to toot my own horn... Merc came into Germany in a minor crisis, got behind and dug back

Shame for Vettel but once again he is his own worst enemy as we have seen time and time before. Mercedes lucked into this weekend. When ever Ferrari fails they pay dearly for it, Hamilton hasn't been having the greatest luck but they did keep the points close... Everyone expected HAM to finish P3-P5 today, not win. He dug real deep today but had lady luck on his side. Next race Hungary. Toto was saying it's not their best track... then we go on Holiday. Season is half over boys

HAM and Toto were summond to the stewards. That was 2 hours ago. The result ? A repremand

There is no "rule" it's a track by track basis. The rule in place has to do with already being entered in pitlane or exiting. Rumor is Ferrari is appealing

Now to toot my own horn... Merc came into Germany in a minor crisis, got behind and dug back

Shame for Vettel but once again he is his own worst enemy as we have seen time and time before. Mercedes lucked into this weekend. When ever Ferrari fails they pay dearly for it, Hamilton hasn't been having the greatest luck but they did keep the points close... Everyone expected HAM to finish P3-P5 today, not win. He dug real deep today but had lady luck on his side. Next race Hungary. Toto was saying it's not their best track... then we go on Holiday. Season is half over boys

And given merc finished 1-2, you can bet your ass that there are people at Ferrari who are reviewing the footage of the pit entry Hamilton did along with the F1 rule book to see if they could do something about it.

I'm not familiar enough with all the rules, even less how something like this could be interpreted but it was fishy as fuck. He even lucked out on not damaging anything coming onto a rumble strip the wrong way. Hitting it pretty hard I think.

HAM and Toto were summond to the stewards. That was 2 hours ago. The result ? A repremand

There is no "rule" it's a track by track basis. The rule in place has to do with already being entered in pitlane or exiting. Rumor is Ferrari is appealing

You replied that as I wrote mine... We'll see what comes out of that. Some could argue to took a short cut making him gain something(stay ahead) instead of pitting in.

Great race, Tant pis pour Vettel.... arrogance = shame..
Hamilton est parfois cynique et il manque de classe, mais c tout un pilote...

cette année on a eu droit a kek courses plate comme j'avais jamais vue,
mais celle la était tres bonne.

cette année on a eu droit a kek courses plate comme j'avais jamais vue,
mais celle la était tres bonne.

There is clearly a Formula 1A and Formula 1B. Kmag was almost 13 seconds behind at lap vs VER in P4... Force India lucked into a good points showing today but the best of the rest battle is between Haas and Renault. The sad part is I just don't see Honda being any better in the back of a RedBull than the Renault PU they have now, only thing RedBull gets is exclusivity but the first sign of problems Horner will toss Honda under the bus.

As usual things seem to always fall into place for a Lewis the drone win no matter where he starts. After Brazil 2008, I expected no less.

The shocking news of the day is Marchionne, he`s in a coma and apparently will not make it through the night. He`s been replaced everywhere and the FIAT Chairman`s letter seemed like a eulogy and spoke about him almost in past tense. Such a colourful character and never at a loss for words. Hope he pulls through.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/ailing-auto-ceo-marchionne-had-multiple-roles-no-script-1.4023275

John Elkann letter here

Back