2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

C'est tellement dans ton champs de vision.... je suis certain qu'il va y avoir des smash à cause de ça

C'est tellement dans ton champs de vision.... je suis certain qu'il va y avoir des smash à cause de ça

Ted Kravitz was actually talking about this.. How some teams have resigned the mirrors.. Not just that but the start lights need to the lowered at all tracks, the pitlane lights. the pit gantries need to be changed as well. The biggest problem was the aero effect of halo, this is why you see vortex generators and fairings. Basically the halo was disturbing the air in the middle of the car and to the airbox.

Also mentioned was how the FIA tested Halo on 17 head incident reconstructions since the 90s. 15/17 would have had positive effect outcome while 2 would have made no difference but Halo wouldn't have had a negative effect in those incidents. They didn't mention which ones but's its pretty obvious to figure out ( Jules and Ratzenberger)

Didn't know that. Very interesting Gregster! It must be a nightmare for the mechanical engineers in chargevof aerodynamics

I know it is only pre-season testing however it will be interesting to see how Williams responds in the event Kubica is quicker than both paying drivers...

Very cold weather in Barcelona for day 2 of testing, snowflakes were also reported.

New Pirelli winters were spotted :laugh:

a70b6a00-b853-4962-a229-bc0db18d633b_800.jpg

Yea teams wanted to push back the dates and one team said no. So it's not happening.. wonder which team said no...

http://auto.lapresse.ca/course-auto...uffet-a-volonte-la-formule-1-lance-f1-tv-.php

La Formule 1 va lancer son propre service de télévision à la demande, baptisé «F1 TV», pour proposer les courses sans diffuseur intermédiaire.

Ce nouveau service, décrit comme «un moyen innovant pour les fans d'améliorer et de profiter de leur expérience des courses» sera mis en place «tôt dans la saison» 2018 qui démarre le 23 mars lors du Grand Prix d'Australie.

«Un abonné à F1 TV pourra ainsi s'il le souhaite choisir de regarder toute une course à bord de la voiture d'un des vingt pilotes du plateau.»

Formula One Management, dans un commumiqué
Il sera présent d'abord seulement sur PC, puis des applications TV et mobiles seront crées.

«Les abonnés pourront choisir le contenu qu'ils visionnent, et quand et comment ils y accèdent», précise le communiqué.

Un abonné à «F1 TV» pourra ainsi s'il le souhaite choisir de regarder toute une course à bord de la voiture d'un des vingt pilotes du plateau.

My prayers have been answered. Finally, I just hope it's available in Quebec...

Didn't know that. Very interesting Gregster! It must be a nightmare for the mechanical engineers in chargevof aerodynamics

For the small teams yes not so much for the big teams

I know it is only pre-season testing however it will be interesting to see how Williams responds in the event Kubica is quicker than both paying drivers...

Kubica was around about 6 tenths faster over the rest of the Williams Squad.. Martini didn't renew for 2019 as well.

Teds Note Book Day 2. Ill skip to 15 mins when Kubica owns him

Attachments

• WRog07DACYrjm1A9IPDaR5wrqWc90HfIFvt8e4qFIGg.jpg
    WRog07DACYrjm1A9IPDaR5wrqWc90HfIFvt8e4qFIGg.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 92
New title intro is epic, The new graphics are looking modern. The oldman smell has almost left the sport, next is an FIA breakaway

FIA.JPG

Some things never change with the FIA/Sky...

Also makes me sad the streaming isn't available in Canadia until 2020. I wonder why it's not automatically available in all countries that have an F1GP...

Also makes me sad the streaming isn't available in Canadia until 2020. I wonder why it's not automatically available in all countries that have an F1GP...

Because they sold the broadcast right and have to stand by the contract... isn't it obvious?

In 2014, TSN and RDS reached a new media rights extension with the Formula One Group through to 2019, allowing the networks to maintain complete Canadian exclusivity of the entire FIA Formula One World Championship.

Back