2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

Because they sold the broadcast right and have to stand by the contract... isn't it obvious?

In 2014, TSN and RDS reached a new media rights extension with the Formula One Group through to 2019, allowing the networks to maintain complete Canadian exclusivity of the entire FIA Formula One World Championship.
We will find out this weekend... A few countries listed have exclusive agreements but will still get streaming.

They change the starting lights set-up because of the halo...

Of course they would, this sport has become a joke. Also an extra DRS zone and pray it actually creates passing. Wait until the rubbish penalties start mid season for using more than 3 engines, 2 gearboxes, an extra spark plug, oil filter, wheel hub....Next step will be to modify all circuits into airfield tarmacs and give them hyper softs to make sure the car doesn't get out of shape and scare the driver a little. Cars are already digital, racing has been sterilized totally, next step is to eliminate the driver lest someone gets a bruise or a blister from switching to mode 3, mode 10, mode 163 throughout a race.

Of course they would, this sport has become a joke. Also an extra DRS zone and pray it actually creates passing. Wait until the rubbish penalties start mid season for using more than 3 engines, 2 gearboxes, an extra spark plug, oil filter, wheel hub....Next step will be to modify all circuits into airfield tarmacs and give them hyper softs to make sure the car doesn't get out of shape and scare the driver a little. Cars are already digital, racing has been sterilized totally, next step is to eliminate the driver lest someone gets a bruise or a blister from switching to mode 3, mode 10, mode 163 throughout a race.

It's still more fun to watch than the Habs...

Liberty is trying to spice things up but the teams and FIA are fighting. Look at how exciting IndyCar is and it's pretty much a spec series.. I'm not saying make F1 a spec series but have some common parts. Nothing in racing is that relevant to street cars anymore except branding on the engine cover. The teams are funny, they want better racing, more passing but then moan. The FIA is a stalwart old man's club. the series does not need them.

A good example used was how EPL clubs are paid an equal chunk of TV money. A lower rung tesm, let's say Palace or Watford can sometimes actually win against Chelsea, Man U etc

It was anyone's pole before that lap. What a lap it was!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Merc's qualifying mode strikes again. Yes Hamilton drove a perfect lap but there is only so much time you can pick up on the driver skill itself, especially at that level. Mercedes is just trolling everyone. On another note, Haas has pace and if they can keep development they might be able to take a fight to RedBull

While that was an incredible lap by Lewis, let's wait and see what the race brings before we pass judgement.

Would have been interesting to see where Bottas would have qualified in Q3. Nevertheless, I will still PVR the races like last year and watch them in 15-20min. F1 still has issues to address.

The Halo is really ugly, the in car camera shots are terrible.

Haas insane pace, RBR can't pass... Until both wheels fell off the two Haas cars after pit stops. I am gutted , looks like the air guns failed

Ferrari exploiting rules as usual, they need to clamp down on that ffs. "great win sed, how did you do it? V: I blew by him on the pitlane!"

ill take that vs Hamilton pulling out to 10s

I'd rather LH than....

CwDCVqMWYAAP4_D.jpg

This is nuts we can't see a proper battle because teams are worried about engines

I'm hoping Merc told LH to save the engine, and they will appeal the result. VSC is supposed to keep all positions static, not to be used to leapfrog positions.

Back