2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

Good for Kimi, he found a lot of speed when he stoped supporting VET. For 39, props to him. And HAM going wheel to wheel with Max "Balls To The Wall" Verstapen? It was a fun race.

skx34l.jpg

For Kubica fans..

some rumors are putting him in a Tester seat for Ferrari....if he can't get a race seat in Williams...

I'm not sure but I actually think this might be a better option for him for the next year than riding a crappy car which will not allow him to show his full potential...unless MB engines can do miracles for Williams...

Ca fait du bien de voir les deux pilotes Mercedes ne pas être capable de résister aux attaques..

Vettel > Bottas
Verstapen > Hamilton..

Et wtf encore Vettel qui fait une niaiserie.. il semble vraiment en mode panique, il multiplie les erreurs

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Vettel sait pas prendre la pression. Il en avait pas avec Red Bull car sa voiture etait stratospheriquement superieure aux autres mais la avec un terrain plus "egal" meme si les Merc sont mieux overall, il en arrache et c'est pas fini.

Ferrari vont regretter l'an prochain d'avoir laisse partir le mauvais pilote, et je pense que Kimi s'est mis une note sur le frigidaire a la maison que sa mission etait de leur rappeler qui est le meilleur pilote Ferrari en ce moment. Astuce: C'est pas Vettel.

Mettez Vettel en 1e place au lieu de Kimi durant la course hier et quand Lewis a tente de le depasser juste avant son entree aux puits il prenait le champ dans un autre tete a queue bizarre.

PS: Pourquoi quand il y a des wheel to wheel entre tous les autres pilotes, Force India, Williams, Haas, Red Bull, et cie, ca frotte mais personne prend le champ tandis que quand Vettel est implique il fait un spinorama a la Denis Savard?

Sauber has a more competitive car than McLaren

Really? Looking at the points McLaren and Sauber being 20 pts apart look like they are in the same league. Either way they both have a lot of work to do and now for once Sauber have an edge. (Apart from the BMW years) that were different.

Sauber is a notable team that will be better with the Ice Man. Even Bernie came out and said "Sauber is now Ferrari".

Vettel sait pas prendre la pression. Il en avait pas avec Red Bull car sa voiture etait stratospheriquement superieure aux autres mais la avec un terrain plus "egal" meme si les Merc sont mieux overall, il en arrache et c'est pas fini.

Ferrari vont regretter l'an prochain d'avoir laisse partir le mauvais pilote, et je pense que Kimi s'est mis une note sur le frigidaire a la maison que sa mission etait de leur rappeler qui est le meilleur pilote Ferrari en ce moment. Astuce: C'est pas Vettel.

Mettez Vettel en 1e place au lieu de Kimi durant la course hier et quand Lewis a tente de le depasser juste avant son entree aux puits il prenait le champ dans un autre tete a queue bizarre.

Mais le probleme c'est qu'ils ont miser sur Vettel. Les avoir laisser se battre, ca serais pas mal different mais sa marche pas de meme. Pareil pour Bottas. Ca doit faire chier quand meme. Bottas devrais faire in Pironi a Lewis lol

En général la course a pas été tres palpitante, que les derniers tours on été intéressant.

- Hamilton dans sa tête ( calisse ça va faire..... je passe Verstapen )
- Verstapen dans sa tête (TBK toi tu passe pas ajd !!! ) lol.

J'aime bien les 2 pilotes de Red Bull , Verstapen et Ricciardo , dommages leurs pénalitées qui les font partir de temps en temps en fin de ligne.

Last edited:
En fénéral la course a pas été tres palpitante, que les derniers tours on été intéressant.

- Hamilton dans sa tête ( calisse ça va faire je passe Verstapen )
- Verstapen dans sa tête (TBK toi tu passe pas ajd ) lol.

J'aime bien les 2 pilotes de Red Bull , Verstapen et Ricciardo , dommages leurs pénalitées qui les font partir de temps en temps en fin de ligne.

I will say this now.. Honda will deliver next season. VER will be battling it out for the WDC

On another note... Stroll is pumping 100M Euros into Force India. They are building a new factory

i haven't read any of the comments here but for those who want to defend Sir Lance. He has proven since his first winter test with all the accidents, that he is not good enough for Formula One.

I've said it before, I race with and against Lance's old karting instructor. All that you would think about Lance and his karting days is true. If he had money and the killer instinct, nobody would complain but he moved up the ranks not because of his skill. During his karting days. His dad would buy a ton of engines and only keep the best ones after testing them. He always had a new chassis, where as other kids had worn/bent chassis' for a few races etc..... Yes you need money to move up in different categories/formulas but even his karting coach confirms he wasn't that good & didn't have the killer instinct.

***edit*** Forgot to add, anybody in this thread has an understanding of F1. NOBODY is expecting Stroll to get podiums, we have to compare Stroll to his team mates. Was he impressive against Massa? No. Massa normally .5 seconds faster & nobody thinks Massa is a 1 lap master.

Villeneuve & Hamilton had fast cars their first season, more pressure with a bigger team & a WAY better team mate. Did they give their team mate a really hard time? Yes! Hamilton was a handful for Alonso. Why? Because Lewis has proven how good he is. I don't seriously think anybody can imagine Lance doing anything near what Lewis had done against Alonso in his first season (Yes i know testing was different and everything was different).

Lance couldn't even handle Felipe Massa for god sakes.

Anyway, for the Lance lovers. Enjoy the season

i haven't read any of the comments here but for those who want to defend Sir Lance. He has proven since his first winter test with all the accidents, that he is not good enough for Formula One.

I've said it before, I race with and against Lance's old karting instructor. All that you would think about Lance and his karting days is true. If he had money and the killer instinct, nobody would complain but he moved up the ranks not because of his skill. During his karting days. His dad would buy a ton of engines and only keep the best ones after testing them. He always had a new chassis, where as other kids had worn/bent chassis' for a few races etc..... Yes you need money to move up in different categories/formulas but even his karting coach confirms he wasn't that good & didn't have the killer instinct.

je serais curieux de la voir 1 ans dans une bonne voiture quand mêmne, qu'il aie sa chance, car pour le moment il a toujours fait un travail honette avec la voiture qu'il avait sous la main.
Faut pas s'attendre a ce qu'il termine 3e avec sa williams..

You called?

Looked like a procession to me. Didn't watch the whole race but I can find stuff to shit on like not seeing a pass on the track. Lewis and his autonomous car should have been stuck in a gravel trap with zero points. Lance Stroll and all these 19-20 year old rich rookies in this so called F1 still have a lot to learn despite driving digital cars. The only minor skill thrust upon them is to steer it away from other cars, yet they can't seem to do it race after race. More F3 19 year old rookies incoming next year. Alonso's radio comments summed it up perfectly. Another 3 years left of this fiasco.

Alonso's comment was perfect and is a perfect fit for Stroll.

I enjoyed the race but Pirelli's shitty drive to a delta (time trial) tyres that can't complete a full quali lap some times without "overheating" and not being able to cool down after is terrible. DRS, fly by before the braking zone passing is horrendous. "track limits" and driving off track is garbage, I know why the FIA uses tarmac runoffs for safety but its 2018 there has to be a better solution. COTA looks like fun, but new tracks are ugly with the huge runoffs, painted tarmac etc.

What suspense is there when a driver like Verstappen or Vettel fall to the back?? With DRS and shitty Pirelli's drivers won;t defend to prevent overheating their tyres. Then DRS gives them this stupid artificial boost that makes them move up the field so quickly. I HATE DRS. It just cheaply gives drivers who hadn't earned the chance at a proper overtake a stupid Mario Kart boost where they fly past.

je serais curieux de la voir 1 ans dans une bonne voiture quand mêmne, qu'il aie sa chance, car pour le moment il a toujours fait un travail honette avec la voiture qu'il avait sous la main.
Faut pas s'attendre a ce qu'il termine 3e avec sa williams..

I edited my previous post to add that we have to compare Lance to his team mate. His car is obviously not capable of regular podiums. Nobody is expecting that. He didn't do enough against Massa. Nobody cares about Sirotkin. Let's see how far off of Perez he qualifies next year.

Alonso's comment was perfect and is a perfect fit for Stroll.

I enjoyed the race but Pirelli's shitty drive to a delta (time trial) tyres that can't complete a full quali lap some times without "overheating" and not being able to cool down after is terrible. DRS, fly by before the braking zone passing is horrendous. "track limits" and driving off track is garbage, I know why the FIA uses tarmac runoffs for safety but its 2018 there has to be a better solution. COTA looks like fun, but new tracks are ugly with the huge runoffs, painted tarmac etc.

What suspense is there when a driver like Verstappen or Vettel fall to the back?? With DRS and shitty Pirelli's drivers won;t defend to prevent overheating their tyres. Then DRS gives them this stupid artificial boost that makes them move up the field so quickly. I HATE DRS. It just cheaply gives drivers who hadn't earned the chance at a proper overtake a stupid Mario Kart boost where they fly past.

I hate DRS as well. If only it was an overboost function that you can't use too many times for fear of using too much fuel or blowing up something. It would be more interesting to see and less easy than DRS.

Back