2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

I'm hoping Merc told LH to save the engine, and they will appeal the result. VSC is supposed to keep all positions static, not to be used to leapfrog positions.

I agree but lets be honest appeal what? What Ferrari did was perfectly legal, the pit lane just loses you less time than normal because the cars on track are slower.. There is no rule against it. A well timed SC or VSC is part of F1.. Mercedes would have done the same and Seb lost out with the VSC last year in China. The worrying issue is that Mercedes would have won by 20-30 seconds if the VSC didn't come out

Good show from McLaren but I still feel Haas would have been between P4-P7 today easily

I'm hoping Merc told LH to save the engine, and they will appeal the result. VSC is supposed to keep all positions static, not to be used to leapfrog positions.

Get over it serioulsy , if their is no rule saying you cant do so then whats the problem, , Vettel passed 2 cars in the grass right before the pit lane in chinese 2016...... no one cried a river.. Explain me how can you follow the VSC gap once you got pit lane entry, its not the same ''road'' anymore. Your making a story more than lewis on this one. They should hit the limiter on pit road entry then, not pit lane.

Vettel's win is legit, case closed. Poor British SKY TV media, they can't get over Lewis lost. Ferrari got lucky, period.

F1 still has a passing issue, let's hope there is more passing in the coming weeks. Don't like the Halo, don't like the 3 engine rule.

Vettel's win is legit, case closed. Poor British SKY TV media, they can't get over Lewis lost. Ferrari got lucky, period.

F1 still has a passing issue, let's hope there is more passing in the coming weeks. Don't like the Halo, don't like the 3 engine rule.
The bias on Sky is hilarious. Also nice to see how much respect Rosberg has on the grid

Dommage pour Haas...
Stroll, ce sera sa position pas mall durant toute la saison, la Williams manque de vitesse..
Typique de Vettel pour la victoire, qques bonnes batailles..
Heureux de voir Alnso devant finalement...

As boring races go this one was number one. If I wasn't excited to watch it because it's the first race of the season I think I would've fallen asleep at mid-race. There were what? 3 total passes? Maybe 4?

I wonder if Vettel hadn't gone to 1st place whether or not Kimi would've been able to attack Hamilton. I hope so.

I both felt bad and lolled when both HAAS cars went DNF because of a poorly fastened wheel. Poor guys...

And yeah, the 3 engine rule is a terrible idea. Does any other high-profile racing league have similar rules? i.e. Nascar, Rallycross, GTV8s, etc.

Nothing against the Halo though, I don't mind the look of the cars. It's not perfect yet, but I'm sure they'll make it look better in the future.

As boring races go this one was number one. If I wasn't excited to watch it because it's the first race of the season I think I would've fallen asleep at mid-race. There were what? 3 total passes? Maybe 4?

I wonder if Vettel hadn't gone to 1st place whether or not Kimi would've been able to attack Hamilton. I hope so.

I both felt bad and lolled when both HAAS cars went DNF because of a poorly fastened wheel. Poor guys...

And yeah, the 3 engine rule is a terrible idea. Does any other high-profile racing league have similar rules? i.e. Nascar, Rallycross, GTV8s, etc.

Nothing against the Halo though, I don't mind the look of the cars. It's not perfect yet, but I'm sure they'll make it look better in the future.
Well... LM24 has to last full 24h of racing in which they cover more KM than what F1 does in a whole season

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

So legit that they changed the rule in f2 or wtv.. cant pit under VSC.

F1 is stupid not to have applied that rule

Let’s say this had happen and the final race of the year.. deciding vettel has champion.. makes no sense sorry. Just like standing restarts after a safety car

Let’s say this had happen and the final race of the year.. deciding vettel has champion.. makes no sense sorry. Just like standing restarts after a safety car

Hamilton did have like half of the race to catch him and pass him....

Where the F did you see they were having standing restarts after safety car...

They will have standing starts, after safety car, only and only when the race is started behind the safety car due to weahter and all.

And when the track is ''ok'' no river, or standing water or else, they will start the race with a standing start.

Lewis had the pace to win, Mercedes messed up and Ferrari benefited. Case closed.

You should look up the time Michael Schumacher won the 1998 British GP in the pits while serving a 10-second penalty.

Schumacher looked set to win until with three laps to go he was issued a 10 second stop-go penalty for passing Alex Wurz’s Benetton behind the safety car. That was surely it - he didn’t have enough time in hand to take his penalty and retain the lead, so he kept going. But on the last lap, he dived into the pits, served his penalty, and won the race in the pit lane. It lead to a whole heap of confusion.

https://wtf1.com/post/that-time-michael-schumacher-won-a-race-in-the-pit-lane/

Now Force India wants to know the Haas recipe....so they want it deeper.....
Force India is about to run out of cash. They asked FOM for help but Williams vetod.. the current Concorde agreement states 20 cars on the grid.

The sport is fucked when a solid midfield team has no money. Better yet Libtery says the will announce their long term vision in a few weeks. In before a shit storm. As Libtery will likely wish to have more spec parts (possible floor and other bits to dump all the useless areo) and 22-24 cars on the grid. I'm all for it!

Where the F did you see they were having standing restarts after safety car...

They will have standing starts, after safety car, only and only when the race is started behind the safety car due to weahter and all.

And when the track is ''ok'' no river, or standing water or else, they will start the race with a standing start.

you in your rags bro?? calm down

I just didnt precise it thats all.. who cares.. those 2 ideas are still retarded. The vsc awarded vettel the win. Point final

You guys all know current cars arent made to run in dirty air, no matter how much faster it is than the car in front. Some tracks are so bad (ie australia)... it just kills the whole show.

I dont care about halo, even maybe the vsc/pitting thing.. who cares.. .. at this point they gotta either bring back ground effects or loosen up the aero packages.. it's ridiculous.

Hamilton did have like half of the race to catch him and pass him....

LOL .. did vettel catch hamilton in the first 25 laps?? hahaha. please. If you know anything about racing, you know its not that hamilton cant pass/race someone. Come on. When he called on radio and said he was going for it, he did do a mistake.. but even with used up tires, and 3.5 sec gap.. 5 laps later he was 1.2 sec behind vettel.. the problem isnt to be faster.. its when you arrive in the 1 sec zone or less.. cars arent made to follow each other. simple as that. A good example is ricciardo.. car is fast in clean air .. its nice to see him trying things.. but his moves are often dangerous, a bit too last minute most of the time, and he wouldnt need to do that if we had good regular battles with a lot of passing. but the cars are such shit in dirty air.. its a real shame.

lets be honest, if hamilton had won like that, you'd be bashing him, cuz everybody loves to bash on hamilton. lol

Back