2018 Formula 1 Season Thread

LOL .. did vettel catch hamilton in the first 25 laps?? hahaha. please. If you know anything about racing, you know its not that hamilton cant pass/race someone. Come on.

lets be honest, if hamilton had won like that, you'd be bashing him, cuz everybody loves to bash on hamilton. lol
Im actually a Hamilton fan...
Mercedes screwed up in their strategy and ferrari passed ahead. Pit strategy is part of the race.
Hamilton did try to push to pass him but kept screwing up and losing ground each time.
He didnt stay behind him because he felt like it, but mostly because he couldnt do anything about it.

Im actually a Hamilton fan...
Mercedes screwed up in their strategy and ferrari passed ahead. Pit strategy is part of the race.
Hamilton did try to push to pass him but kept screwing up and losing ground each time.
He didnt stay behind him because he felt like it, but mostly because he couldnt do anything about it.

? He screwed up one big mistake that costed 2 sec.. the rest was pretty tight.

Pit strategy?! The strategy was against raikonnen ! Not slowmo vettel lol

They had to protect the under cut.. raikkonnen wasnt super close.. i think 3-4 sec but it doesnt take much to make it

Anyways. Id say the fia wil’ soon ban pitting under vsc lol

Raikonnen?

Toto Wolff: This was one that got away and it's a bitter pill for us all to swallow. Following Lewis' pit stop, we believed that we had the scenarios of both the Safety Car and the Virtual Safety Car covered, so that Sebastian could not pit and come out ahead of Lewis on track. We should have been several seconds safe, then suddenly saw on the TV screens that we were not. Of course, under the VSC sometimes you benefit and sometimes you lose out - but it was clearly a problem on our side and we need to analyse that to understand what happened and correct it.

Raikonnen?

Toto Wolff: This was one that got away and it's a bitter pill for us all to swallow. Following Lewis' pit stop, we believed that we had the scenarios of both the Safety Car and the Virtual Safety Car covered, so that Sebastian could not pit and come out ahead of Lewis on track. We should have been several seconds safe, then suddenly saw on the TV screens that we were not. Of course, under the VSC sometimes you benefit and sometimes you lose out - but it was clearly a problem on our side and we need to analyse that to understand what happened and correct it.

«*Following*» the pitstoo. Pretty clear lewis pitting was a strategy against raikkonnen initially. And then mercedes screwed up.

Pardon my ignorance but dont the drivers have a delta to follow on their steering wheel provided by the race stewards? Or is it by mercedes

you in your rags bro?? calm down

I just didnt precise it thats all.. who cares.. those 2 ideas are still retarded. The vsc awarded vettel the win. Point final

You guys all know current cars arent made to run in dirty air, no matter how much faster it is than the car in front. Some tracks are so bad (ie australia)... it just kills the whole show.

I dont care about halo, even maybe the vsc/pitting thing.. who cares.. .. at this point they gotta either bring back ground effects or loosen up the aero packages.. it's ridiculous.

Not at all, you just seem to be one of those Hamiltard fan boy who cant stand anything when Ham lose by any means...quite simple

Bring back pit stop with fuel and problem solved, we had great race in the 96-2000 when they had 2 tire suppliers and you could fuel your car the way you want during quali and started the race with what you had in the tank after

«*Following*» the pitstoo. Pretty clear lewis pitting was a strategy against raikkonnen initially. And then mercedes screwed up.

Pardon my ignorance but dont the drivers have a delta to follow on their steering wheel provided by the race stewards? Or is it by mercedes

Dude...i put it in bold that he’s saying the plan was regarding Vettel...i dont see why you say its clear it was against raikonnen lol

Anyways, end result: Ferrari delivered, Merc didnt.

LOL .. did vettel catch hamilton in the first 25 laps?? hahaha. please. If you know anything about racing, you know its not that hamilton cant pass/race someone. Come on. When he called on radio and said he was going for it, he did do a mistake.. but even with used up tires, and 3.5 sec gap.. 5 laps later he was 1.2 sec behind vettel.. the problem isnt to be faster.. its when you arrive in the 1 sec zone or less.. cars arent made to follow each other. simple as that. A good example is ricciardo.. car is fast in clean air .. its nice to see him trying things.. but his moves are often dangerous, a bit too last minute most of the time, and he wouldnt need to do that if we had good regular battles with a lot of passing. but the cars are such shit in dirty air.. its a real shame.

lets be honest, if hamilton had won like that, you'd be bashing him, cuz everybody loves to bash on hamilton. lol

Ham had more than half the race to pass Vettel afterward , did he even got close? LAst year Ferrari had a car that could follow in dirty air compared to mercedes , they just have to find the right aero solution. So now your saying RIC moves are dangerous? What about verstappend corner cutting last year in COTA, to pass RAI?

Their even Ham retard fan saying that Haas wheel nut issue was done on purpose to bring out a VSC or SC..... Ham fans are just a class apart , just like british biased host and press

The refueling won,t happen... especially with the hybrid motorization... can you imagine a fuel spill and a fire with the on-board batteries.. noooooooooooooo way...

Ham had more than half the race to pass Vettel afterward , did he even got close? LAst year Ferrari had a car that could follow in dirty air compared to mercedes , they just have to find the right aero solution. So now your saying RIC moves are dangerous? What about verstappend corner cutting last year in COTA, to pass RAI?

Their even Ham retard fan saying that Haas wheel nut issue was done on purpose to bring out a VSC or SC..... Ham fans are just a class apart , just like british biased host and press
Haha yea the wheel nut conspiracy. Yea I'm sure Haas totally wanted to piss away half their 2017 points total in one race

Without the Safety car HAM would have won by 30-40 seconds

Not at all, you just seem to be one of those Hamiltard fan boy who cant stand anything when Ham lose by any means...quite simple

Bring back pit stop with fuel and problem solved, we had great race in the 96-2000 when they had 2 tire suppliers and you could fuel your car the way you want during quali and started the race with what you had in the tank after

Sorry i figured u were in your bad week of the month.

You know, when you’re 1st ever answer to a complete stranger is where THE FUCK did you see that yadda yadda, and then say i sound like an hamiltard fan or wtv..

Pardon me for thinking you were in your rags.. it’s just how you are. An A-grade fucktard ���� Quite simple!

The refueling won,t happen... especially with the hybrid motorization... can you imagine a fuel spill and a fire with the on-board batteries.. noooooooooooooo way...
Fueling won't happen neither will two tire suppliers.

Haha yea the wheel nut conspiracy. Yea I'm sure Haas totally wanted to piss away half their 2017 points total in one race

Without the Safety car HAM would have won by 30-40 seconds

I would have liked to see where Bottas would have finished had he not crashed in Q2. Would he have been in a position to challenge Lewis? In other words, was Lewis the dominating factor or is it the car? At the end of the day, the direct competition is your team mate. I think Lewis was dialed in and dominating the race, I am not so sure the Mercedes has such a huge benefit... I think Lewis was making the difference until the screw up...

I would have liked to see where Bottas would have finished had he not crashed in Q2. Would he have been in a position to challenge Lewis? In other words, was Lewis the dominating factor or is it the car? At the end of the day, the direct competition is your team mate. I think Lewis was dialed in and dominating the race, I am not so sure the Mercedes has such a huge benefit... I think Lewis was making the difference until the screw up...

Perfect combo of excellent car and driver peaking at the correct time. Hamilton is one with the car. Bottas knows his place on the team as the no.2, he's totally another Rubens and IMO only there until Danny Ric signs on. The only other manufacture that can match Mercedes pockets and resources would be Porsche.. With Force India possibly being for sale it's possible. I mean common Mercedes Powertrain has 300 working on PowerUnits at Brixworth alone, compared to haas that has 250 employees total.

What's hilarious is people are still sour about Rosberg... He was the only driver capable of taking the fight to Hamilton. In 15-20 years the 2016 season will be talked about as one of the great ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLozqekEnGQ

This ought to calm everyone's tits down a bit.

Enjoy.

Once F1TV launches I can't wait for full broadcast quality classic F1 races. Chase Carey was saying how it's an absolute shame that the archives were virtually sealed under the old administration considering Bernie had paid for everything to be digitized. Some races in the late 90s and early 2000s were shot in early HD video

Sorry i figured u were in your bad week of the month.

You know, when you’re 1st ever answer to a complete stranger is where THE FUCK did you see that yadda yadda, and then say i sound like an hamiltard fan or wtv..

Pardon me for thinking you were in your rags.. it’s just how you are. An A-grade fucktard ���� Quite simple!

You should know better than that, you got 9000+ post you should know everyone here, oh wait. On that note you won the retard argumenting , have a good week-end, and dont make to much wet dream with lewis in them ;)

Perfect combo of excellent car and driver peaking at the correct time. Hamilton is one with the car. Bottas knows his place on the team as the no.2, he's totally another Rubens and IMO only there until Danny Ric signs on. The only other manufacture that can match Mercedes pockets and resources would be Porsche.. With Force India possibly being for sale it's possible. I mean common Mercedes Powertrain has 300 working on PowerUnits at Brixworth alone, compared to haas that has 250 employees total.

What's hilarious is people are still sour about Rosberg... He was the only driver capable of taking the fight to Hamilton. In 15-20 years the 2016 season will be talked about as one of the great ones.

Exactly, everyone hated Rosberg, still better than Bottas in the same car. But wait, people will call conspiracy again on the 2016 season when Ham engine went boom at malysian grand prix and not rosberg....

Exactly, everyone hated Rosberg, still better than Bottas in the same car. But wait, people will call conspiracy again on the 2016 season when Ham engine went boom at malysian grand prix and not rosberg....

People call conspiracy because Rosberg peaked at the right time and beat one of the greatest drivers in the history of F1 in the same car. He was a class act retiring after! He looks so relaxed on tv and still has a ton of respect in the paddock. I'm sure Rosbergs retirement caught Mercedes off guard and only Bottas could be drafted in at the last minute. HAM can retire after this season with nothing left to prove. Let someone else have a shot at it

People call conspiracy because Rosberg peaked at the right time and beat one of the greatest drivers in the history of F1 in the same car. He was a class act retiring after! He looks so relaxed on tv and still has a ton of respect in the paddock. I'm sure Rosbergs retirement caught Mercedes off guard and only Bottas could be drafted in at the last minute. HAM can retire after this season with nothing left to prove. Let someone else have a shot at it

Sure but Ham will not retired anytime soon , neither Vettel, their both equal in WDC and both want to ''outscore'' each other.

Sure but Ham will not retired anytime soon , neither Vettel, their both equal in WDC and both want to ''outscore'' each other.
Seb wants to win a title at Ferrari. He's there for a bit.. HAM will retire once he no longer has the best car. Maybe a final season or two at McLaren or Williams. Ferrari? Unlikely

His contact is up at the end of 2018, rumor has it he's seeking £120 million extension until 2020 and Mercedes will make a move on Danny Ric to replace Bottas according to Ted Kravitz. Although I see RIC fitting in better at Ferrari .. odd thing is that if Ferrari stopped screwing around with Kimi he can be in a title hunt..

Back