Event Coverage: Official 2018 Salon de l'Auto de Montreal Picture Thread

Pense pas que les booth soient montés à 100%

Ils sont montés à 100%! Je suis d'accord qu'ils pourraient en faire mieux. Meme chose a chaque année pour les exotiques.

This booth is always fun if you have kids. It's on the fifth floor.

salon067.jpg

salon068.jpg

Tant que je peux comparer le Hyundai Tucson à la Mitsubishi Eclipse cross je suis content

''Venez voir notre toute nouvelle gamme Mitsubishi 2011, mais en 2018!!! 1ere, 2eme, 3eme chance au crédit, financement 96 mois, garantie 10 ans. Vous avez pas de voiture, ou votre poubelle a laché? PAS DE PROBLÈME, notre navette du salon de Montréal sillonne les quartiers résidentiels de banlieue les plus pauvres, comme Laflèche ou Brookline, Saint-Hubert, les ''A'' à Brossard, chemin Chambly à Longueuil, Saint-Jean Baptiste de Rouville, incluant un détour pour Sorel-Tracy, Trois-Rivières, Shawinigan et Thetford Mines. Vous n'avez pas d'excuses! Venez en grand nombre!''

Holy shit this is savage. Yet so true.

Is Mitsubishi going bankrupt or they have just given up developing new tech?

les shapes d'Acura c'est ben difforme, yark.

Et je suis biaisé mais les nouvelles Volvo sont vraiment réussies, wow!

People really pay to go see cars in big crowds that can be viewed at a dealership?
I don't get it.
My last visit to the auto show must of been in 98

People really pay to go see cars in big crowds that can be viewed at a dealership?
I don't get it.
I agree with u on that i tend to go mostly for the exotics/classics/modded cars and spend more time in the diecast car booths than at the manufacturer's

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

who thought it was a good idea to schedule a car show at the same time as Detroit?

Been like that for years. However I doubt the manufacturers would spend large amounts of money to bring their concepts here even if it wasn't as the same time as Detroit. On this continent NYC, LA, Detroit and to a lesser extend Chicago are where do their unveilings.

I don't get it.

Last show I went to was probably 2014 and the way I look at it is, if you're shopping for a car (which I was at the time), it's good to be able to see them all on the same floor. My car specifically wasnt available in all dealerships so it was my chance to check it and the competition out before making my choice. I've given up on seeing rare, concept or exotic cars years ago. The fact that most of these exotic cars are behind ribbons is plane stupid. Walk to Porsche and they have a 60k boxster behind a ribbon. The past few years the autoshow here has turned more into a car shopping expo than an actual demo of new models. Toronto got the Cadillac Escala like two years ago, and we just got it this year. I also remember when the Z06 came out, it wasnt even in Montreal.

I don't get it.

For people who aren't brand fanboys, and don't work in the industry (so don't have daily contact with various makes and models), the car show is a great place to shop for car, and can make you consider makes or models you may not have considered otherwise.

The problem isn't so much the car show, it isn't much use for most car guys, who end up buying used or niche cars anyways, and some car guys have unrealistically high expectations from the car show.

The reality is, for most people, it's easier to go to the car show with the wife and kids, see some exotics up front and then get some time to compare the RAV4/CRV/CX5/Equinox/Terrain/Sportage/Tuscon, etc without having to deal with salesmen at the dealership trying to make a sale. Since there is a crowd, kiosks, contests, etc, there is a sense of occasion so the wife and kids won't be bored to death as they would visiting a bunch of car dealers, and they get to share their opinions too.

Just because YOU don't get it, doesn't mean the car show is useless.

Back