Event Coverage: Votez pour votre véhicle préféré dans la Zone Performance au Salon de l'Auto 2018

Votez pour votre véhicle préféré dans la Zone Performance au Salon de l'Auto 2018

• Blue Impala lowrider

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Orange Caddy lowrider

• Green Impala lowrider

• Mater

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • DMCC drift car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brown Scirocco

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • VW bus

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Green Miata

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Black S2000

• Grey Porsche 911 flat nose

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Yellow Camaro

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Antique truck

• Blue old school chevy

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Orange Chevy hot rod

• Blue 350Z convertible

• Cream/brown Mazda RX7 Veilside kit

• OB Prestige brown Porsche 911

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Ob Prestige Red Gallardo turbo

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Chopper

• Chopper 3-wheeler

• Redneck luxury lowrider pickup

• Grey Subaru WRX STI

• Black Audi TT

• Black hot rod with red interior

• Bugatti Veyron

• Paul Walker's Supra

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
I don't find there are very many bad cars (if any). There are many nice machines with a lot of work done to them.

If you were organizing a display with modified cars such as this, what kind of cars would you chose to put it in if these cars are all unacceptable? I'm trying to get to the bottom of why every year without fail, people on the forum shit on the cars at the auto show?

Because on the forum people actually speaks their mind and often it comes out as negative. The less the comments(less users), the more impact every comment has when the user posts it.

VS

Facebook or Instagram where people will just press a like and barely comment because they know their comment will get lost in a sea of other BS.

It all goes around what comes back often on how forums are dying VS Facebook/Instagram. On FaceGram you have this artificial bubble around anything you post and only people who like you/your stuff tends to reply.

Personally, I like those photo-reportage you do. While I'm not a fan of autoshows anymore, I like seeing the pretty cars(and mint ones like that 1990 Smurf Blue Miata you posted).

My pocket change on the subject.

When viewing this thread on Windows desktop, I can see the choices that have been voted on. Not with mobile, also can't vote.
I recognize most models but you may wish to edit the OP by identifying each photo. Same suggestion for the main auto show photo gallery.

I don't find there are very many bad cars (if any). There are many nice machines with a lot of work done to them.

If you were organizing a display with modified cars such as this, what kind of cars would you chose to put it in if these cars are all unacceptable? I'm trying to get to the bottom of why every year without fail, people on the forum shit on the cars at the auto show?

How about not having a "Zone Performance"?

But hey got to have fillers to funnel the crowd through.. Oh well I rather look at that 350z Cabriolet over the line up that Mitsubishi has tbh.

PS: Stop taking it so personally every year.

Pink Paradise commandite une voiture de drift?

They sure do, as well does Perry Performance.
Marc Landreville- multi time champion in Canada and USA runs his car with Perry colors and PINK!
The car at the show is Sylvios car- the owner/promoter of DMCC.
He runs our logo as well.

Danny- you have to be kidding- you find those cars nice looking? I want to know if you look at cars with the same vision you did some 15 years ago?
I rarely disagree with you , but taste was left at the door when they brought most of those cars in the show.

Jesus... those cars are cringe worthy, wtf ?! That is not a performance zone, that's the fucking freak show zone lol.

the people that like these cars are on Facebook not MR

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

ok, cest p-e pas de votre gout, mais caliss de thread negatif, qui aide pas le retour de la culture automobile.
Ce genre de commentaires me montre juste encore un fois que MR est un front de gens qui '' disent aimer les voitures'' , mais que c'est rien de ça.

pis gregster, wow, pire commentaire, c'est pas un mécano ce gars? c'est la mode de peser sur la tete de danny, alors qu'il essait quand meme d'amener des thread pas off-topic, et de char...

I like de widebody 911 with no headlight. Matter is cool too. The other one, meh. Some are overkill but they are there for the show and nothing else. They are not there to please the running scene since it probably represent 1% of people going at the autoshow.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk
Chek dans le bumper ! Sont là yon voulu faire comme la 911 des année 80

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

ok, cest p-e pas de votre gout, mais caliss de thread negatif, qui aide pas le retour de la culture automobile.
Ce genre de commentaires me montre juste encore un fois que MR est un front de gens qui '' disent aimer les voitures'' , mais que c'est rien de ça.

pis gregster, wow, pire commentaire, c'est pas un mécano ce gars? c'est la mode de peser sur la tete de danny, alors qu'il essait quand meme d'amener des thread pas off-topic, et de char...

I stand by my comments and 100% support BBQMANs. Every year Danny seems to take the criticism personally, he knows exactly what he is getting into by starting this thread as its been the same for 15 years. Getting bent out of shape because some people didn't like the cars? There are more important things to worry about in life, most of us are over 30 years old here. Besides just because I work on cars it doesn't automatically translate into my life being around cars 24/7 and yes Mitsu does have some pretty lousy cars.

Last year at CIAS they had a lovely theme of older F1 cars and the year before was some very nice sports cars. This year will be 70 years of Porsche. CIAS has a "tuner" zone but it's away in another room. You aren't forced to walk through it.

hahaha comme si nos opinions changeait quoi que ce soit sur le '' retour de la culture automobile'', ridicule...

I stand by my comments and 100% support BBQMANs. Every year Danny seems to take the criticism personally, he knows exactly what he is getting into by starting this thread as its been the same for 15 years. Getting bent out of shape because some people didn't like the cars? There are more important things to worry about in life, most of us are over 30 years old here. Besides just because I work on cars it doesn't automatically translate into my life being around cars 24/7 and yes Mitsu does have some pretty lousy cars.

Last year at CIAS they had a lovely theme of older F1 cars and the year before was some very nice sports cars. This year will be 70 years of Porsche. CIAS has a "tuner" zone but it's away in another room. You aren't forced to walk through it.

You aren't forced to go to this auto show either....or to read these threads for the past 15 years....just sayin.

How about not having a "Zone Performance"?

Exact, si tu va au salon de l'auto 2018, en principe c'est que tu veut voir ce qu'il y a de nouveau sur le marché des grand constructeurs en 2018,
si tu veut voir des chars modifié, tu va a un salon dédié au modifs.

The only people who think these cars are cool are currently eating Tide pods.

giphy.gif

I put a lot of work into my high school art project and my teacher still failed me... catchin my vibe?

My personal opinion is that some of the guys here simply overdid it, so there's always an item that catches our eyes and we're like "oh geez wtf is this".

Prime example would be the 350z and the miata.

I don't understand how the TT ended up in your list either.

Back