Replacing the GT-R - Daily Driver and Winter Car

SilverViper

Premium
For next winter, I am thinking about:

2018-2019 Audi R8 V10

or

2018-2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Both cars have quite similar MSRPs and are AWD. Moreover, both cars can be easily driven on a daily basis as well as during winter time with proper tires. The new Urus is also a possible alternative but it is way more expensive and it is an SUV. After a Cayenne Turbo, a Range Rover Supercharged and an X6M, been there done that... SUVs are boring.

Audi juste pour le son!

Mais t as deja le son du V10...

Donc audi pour le look et l exclusivité!

La 911 pour le 2+2 .. c est le seul avantage je voyais pour la Porsche.

Est tellement belle la R8! Ouf!

La 991TT aussi est belle mais tres générique avec les 55 000 version de la 911.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Si tu as déjà une Lamborghini, la R8 a l'air dans le même genre mais édition du pauvre. La 911 offre une expérience plus différente.

I would have to go with the 911 strictly based on looks because both cars are amazing and I have not owned nor driven either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si tas pas besoin du backseat, prend la R8. Etre dans ta situation jhesiterais pas mal. Je dirait 60% R8 40% 911tt

Je trouve tellement pas attirante la R8 que c'est sur j'irais 911.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

none, RS7 if it were for me :)

This. Very nice car that oozes class. Like newers Mercs.

You are talking about a daily driver/winter car. While i'm sure a 911 is all fun, something nice and easy to get in and out when in a 3-piece suit is probably a good idea. Unless you go to work in your underwear and dress up there, who knows... :D

Your current GTR is probably one of the best daily driver you van get already given our stupid roads conditions also. Why change? I know you can but i'm curious as to the why?

:)

Definitely the 911 turbo. Mainly for the seating position/all around visibility.

The R8 is fantastic, but the high beltline and poor outward visibility would drive me nuts on a daily. The 911 ergonomics/seating position/visibility are more like VW Golf rather than exotic. As a daily driver you'll be much more comfortable in one.

Have you ever considered an S-class coupe? S550/S63/S65? Much more comfort/luxury oriented but worth a look.

Je sais que Jon Olsson a rouler un R8 pendant un boute comme winter beater, mais je pense qu'il roule une Lambo maintenant.

jon-olsson-audi-r8-5.jpg

Mais je pense que j'irai avec Porsche car ca va faire un peu différent d'une lambo.

1. Thank you for choosing not to pollute the roads with yet another SUV. It sucks when you're behind one and can't see why traffic is at a standstill ahead
2. Signature indicates GT3 RS on order. Do you want one 911 for the track and another daily?
3. I would choose AWD + manual but recognize choices are limited for this combo

If I had to choose the best performance winter car, it wouldn't even be a hesitation.

2018-Porsche-Panamera-Sport-Turismo-side-in-motion.jpg

I also hate trucks and SUVs with a passion. It's quite heavy @ 2,035 kg, but versatility, passenger comfort and driving performance probably exceptional.

Back