Replacing the GT-R - Daily Driver and Winter Car

The S63 AMG 4-Matic is something I'd take out for donuts on a cold night, but I'd say a 911TT is a top pick, as nice as the R8 is

Alfa Romeo or the M5 are not in the same league. I am replacing a GT-R with 565 hp, not a BMW 320 xDrive.

Oh, so you're concerned people can't tell the 600hp, $125 000 M5 apart from a 3 series. Gotcha. They're rather subdued on the appearance front nowadays. I admit coming from a Nissan it's a rather pedestrian proposition.

Let's get real here: Isn't there a part of you that feels you've plateau'ed considering yet another VAG v10?

I think it's time you step up to a GTC4 Lusso with a ski rack for your winter beater.

Tient nous au courant si tu y vas pour la R8.. prix vs kilometrage/Annee
Je suis entrain de penser a changer ma S4 pour une R8 manuelle (v8 ou v10) :)

OP, si jamais tu veux essayer un Focus RS j'ai aucun probleme a faire un échange pendant une semaine contre ton GTR pour que tu puisse avoir la chance de savoir si t'aime ça :p

Hahaha so your that lunatic dailies a cab in the winter! :laugh:

I vote R8 just for the insane reactions youd get from people seeing you daily an R8 when its -30 and blowing snow :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Before Xmas he drove it to the shop top down in a snowstorm with a santa hat on. Can vouch, was there

Oh, so you're concerned people can't tell the 600hp, $125 000 M5 apart from a 3 series. Gotcha. They're rather subdued on the appearance front nowadays. I admit coming from a Nissan it's a rather pedestrian proposition.

Let's get real here: Isn't there a part of you that feels you've plateau'ed considering yet another VAG v10?

I think it's time you step up to a GTC4 Lusso with a ski rack for your winter beater.

Not in the same league in terms of performance. I drive a Nissan as a daily driver... I guess you can appreciate I don't care about the brand.

Not in the same league in terms of performance. I drive a Nissan as a daily driver... I guess you can appreciate I don't care about the brand.

Is this spec sheet/instrumented magazine test performance or butt dyno performance? Isn't the GT-R listed as 3.3 sec 0-60 vs 3.4 for the beemer?

From a daily driver perspective on our third world grade roads, how much does a fractions of a second matter on a sub 4 second 0-100 cars?

Pretty sure you can go from 0- to no licence in 10 seconds or less with any of these. They're all outrageously quick in my book.

To me this is more of a look/feel (IE N\A vs turbo) preference vs sheer performance thing at this point.

Is this spec sheet/instrumented magazine test performance or butt dyno performance? Isn't the GT-R listed as 3.3 sec 0-60 vs 3.4 for the beemer?

From a daily driver perspective on our third world grade roads, how much does a fractions of a second matter on a sub 4 second 0-100 cars?

Pretty sure you can go from 0- to no licence in 10 seconds or less with any of these. They're all outrageously quick in my book.

To me this is more of a look/feel (IE N\A vs turbo) preference vs sheer performance thing at this point.

The GT-R is a 2.7s machine on the 0-60. Not to mention the lap times it can achieve on a race track. It has nothing to do with the butt dyno. Both cars are not in the same league performance-wise.

For next winter, I am thinking about:

2018-2019 Audi R8 V10

or

2018-2019 Porsche 911 Turbo

Both cars have quite similar MSRPs and are AWD. Moreover, both cars can be easily driven on a daily basis as well as during winter time with proper tires. The new Urus is also a possible alternative but it is way more expensive and it is an SUV. After a Cayenne Turbo, a Range Rover Supercharged and an X6M, been there done that... SUVs are boring.

First world problems JG.... *tu* but for winter does it really matter?

Alfa Romeo or the M5 are not in the same league. I am replacing a GT-R with 565 hp, not a BMW 320 xDrive.

565 hp in the winter is not useful- would you not agree? I took my Evo off winter duty as it past 500 hp - it was no fun.

I am gonna agree that the M5 is a worthy replacement for a run of the mill GTR.

The GT-R is a 2.7s machine on the 0-60. Not to mention the lap times it can achieve on a race track. It has nothing to do with the butt dyno. Both cars are not in the same league performance-wise.

but we are talking about a winter beater and I would suppose that comfort and drivability through our awesome winters has to count for something?

...... I will have to learn how to multi quote for further discussion.

What about a Panamera Turbo or a Turbo S Hybrid? 2.7 seconds to 60 on the GT-R notwithstanding, you’re not doing that in a DD in winter, with winter tires on. The added comfort and mid-rpm punch should make it as fast as you can use during these months.

Of your two options, I’d say 911 Turbo, the back seat makes it more practical for daily use, even when used as a shelf. 99% of the time, the only thing on my back seat is my briefcase and lunch.

Before Xmas he drove it to the shop top down in a snowstorm with a santa hat on. Can vouch, was there

Yet when you meet him in person he looks like a well adjusted person... :)

but we are talking about a winter beater and I would suppose that comfort and drivability through our awesome winters has to count for something?

...... I will have to learn how to multi quote for further discussion.

Yes Carl but keep in mind that I also bring the car to the track two or three times during summer.

Back