Autonomous vehicles in Quebec, are we ready ? / Voitures intello a Quebec ...

student13

Autonomous vehicles may be coming to Montreal, by a provincial bill allowing it. Are you comfortable walking/driving while an autonomous vehicle drives beside you ( via BILL 165) ?
I feel teh technology is not where I feel 100% comfortable with letting computers navigate the streets of Montreal.

Des vehcules intelligent(es) vont venir a Montreal, selon une projet de loi de l'assemble nationale (projet de loi 165),est-ce que nous sommes pret d'avoir des vehicules sans conduteur /trice ,se conduit sur les routes?
D'apres les sentiments de l'auteur, je pense que la technologie, n'est pas a la pointe ou je suis 100% comfortable , de laisser des ordinateurs naviguer les routes ,possiblement avec les pietons.

Last edited:
With the attitudes on the road here, those cars going to be cut off so bad 500 times a day that they'll need a new set of pads and rotors weekly.

Well they haven't let us turn right on red yet on the island, that says a lot about our driving behavior.
Self driving cars, hell we already have Communauto and that shit on the roads...

Quebec is retarded and ready for NOTHING.

Pour vrai on est toujours en retard pour tout ici... sauf pour payer des impôts pour des routes en mauvais état, ça on de l'avance.

Ce qui me fait penser, les caméras en les capteurs ont besoins d'être solide et biens fixés pour résister a Montréal. L'ordi de bord va avoir la nausée.

About damn time. Everyone that don't like driving because they suck, or they suck because they don't like driving will be OFF the roads.

I don't know what all the stress is about....by the time this happens in quebec we'll all be dead.

The people driving Communauto, that's the problem with them.

Well in case you didn't know, Communauto screens new members by requiring them to submit a copy of their driving record issued by the SAAQ. Above a certain # of demerit points and your application is denied. Granted because it's a shared service, some members don't care about keeping the cars clean, neglect to refill the empty washer fluid reservoir and return the gas powered vehicles with almost empty tanks.
Have you noticed certain behaviour on the road that makes them a problem? Maybe it's their lack of experience.

Well in case you didn't know, Communauto screens new members by requiring them to submit a copy of their driving record issued by the SAAQ. Above a certain # of demerit points and your application is denied. Granted because it's a shared service, some members don't care about keeping the cars clean, neglect to refill the empty washer fluid reservoir and return the gas powered vehicles with almost empty tanks.
Have you noticed certain behaviour on the road that makes them a problem? Maybe it's their lack of experience.

You got it; the lack of experience. Most people that I know who use CommunAuto drive maybe once a year, so don't expect their reflexes to be very sharp. Often times you can spot them driving 90 in the left lane or like tourists, looking for addresses and stopping in the middle of the road.

Number of demerit points is a measure of how good you follow laws, not driving competence, reflexes, doing your blind angles, knowing weight transfer and how it affect you car in slippery condition, and specialy not (it seems) using your damn blinkers.

You got it; the lack of experience. Most people that I know who use CommunAuto drive maybe once a year, so don't expect their reflexes to be very sharp. Often times you can spot them driving 90 in the left lane or like tourists, looking for addresses and stopping in the middle of the road.
Yep the CommunAuto drivers are right up there with Uber drivers. Clueless of surroundings and traffic flow.

I admit I use car 2 go frequently but that's for convience. The cars are much better, have gas in them and a couple weeks ago I shoveled out 5 cars and for 120$ in credits on my account

Under one condition, I would be ok with autonomous vehicles, if they cleared the snow , between 12 AM and 8AM, that way I (and most others) would be off the road sleeping while network linked AI vehicles , cleaned our snow, with little human danger.

ADDENDUM:

Suncor, has already started getting rid of some truck drivers. Taxi and truck driver will be extinct within the next 10 years. I suspect within 10 years mechanics will be extinct too.... When cars will be like cell phones or electronics, cheaper to throw away than to repair, what will be the justification to pay mechanics? Of course, that is assuming folks with a mechanical skillset will be able to repair an AC induction motor or a faulty CPU.

source: http://business.financialpost.com/c...onomous-haul-trucks-job-cuts-expected-by-2019

Last edited:
Back