Repairing nick in windshield with insurance coverage, will your rates go up?

rollingsound

Hi guys, got a small nick in my windshield on the Mad Max set up Transports Quebec has set up on the highway 20 East to the 720... If my insurance includes windshield repair, and I use it, will it count as a claim and will my rates be impacted? Thanks

I've changed my windshield 3 times since 2013 and it didnt really changed so much (about 50$ per 2 years contract with belairdirect)
according to the payment i do on my insurrance and the replacement windshield cost me nothing since the shop im going cover the 1st 100$, its a good deal.

it will be exactly like a claim though... so if you have nothing else, you will be ok.. but... si jamais tu as d'autre réclamation, tu vas te faire avoir !

Not really a raise in your cost, but it does show as a claim... Which is quite bad when you change insurance company.

Happened to me when I moved out west and had to get new insurance.

................................... Mad Max set up Transports Quebec has set up on the highway 20 East to the 720..............

ROFL.

... If my insurance includes windshield repair, and I use it, will it count as a claim and will my rates be impacted? Thanks

The logical answer is cost benefit. This is tough because I don't know how a couriter d'assurance evaluate your FCSA file, or the criteria for it including reporting,
something I going through myself , the best answer is to see if some acrylic injection place will charge you 100$ and call it a day.

Couple things.

Like others mentioned, when you stay with the same company it does not matter much since they have your file.

The second you will shop around however, technically, everything is a claim. So even getting a windshield filled up is a claim.

Also, windshields and such will come up against your car on a carproof. They don't say it's just a windshield, only that a claim was made. Something else to consider.

Every single time I had a nick in a windshield I repaired it myself. Never had issues. The Sidekick's old windshield had THREE repairs and I only changed it because it had a crack - separate from the three nicks - developing at the bottom and frankly it was 20 years old.

It's a JOKE to fix but it can be a pain in the winter.

It's super mega easy to do and the kit is 13$ at Canadian Tire. I always keep a spare kit at home.

Every single time I had a nick in a windshield I repaired it myself. Never had issues. The Sidekick's old windshield had THREE repairs and I only changed it because it had a crack - separate from the three nicks - developing at the bottom and frankly it was 20 years old.

It's a JOKE to fix but it can be a pain in the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjuWqBzO7qY

It's super mega easy to do and the kit is 13$ at Canadian Tire. I always keep a spare kit at home.

Does it absolutely need sunlight? I would need to do it in a garage

Couple things.

Like others mentioned, when you stay with the same company it does not matter much since they have your file.

The second you will shop around however, technically, everything is a claim. So even getting a windshield filled up is a claim.

Also, windshields and such will come up against your car on a carproof. They don't say it's just a windshield, only that a claim was made. Something else to consider.
holy shit. lol

just got a lebeau fill-in for a massive rockchip. now i have a carproof notice??

dayum. oh well. good thing i'm keeping it long term anyway.

holy shit. lol

just got a lebeau fill-in for a massive rockchip. now i have a carproof notice??

dayum. oh well. good thing i'm keeping it long term anyway.

Not always but I have seen it when pulling reports on cars I was shopping for last autumn. Technically, it's a repair claim against your vehicle so it goes on there.

It will not count as a claim, i deal with insurances and can fix your chip best than anyone else in montreal, pm me if interested

Or 70$ cash, which is half price of Lebeau (140$) and Vitro(120$)

Here are some unsual chips that are bigger than a 25 cent that i fixed, they came to my shop because lebeau and other places refused to touch them because it would crack, didnt crack on me though :)
41a27a040c4dae0029f8651922b35ee9.jpg
3eee45bc1d1c12418acbe8e0a3c4f69a.jpg
d49e97f47982e22a78385e9ad6c623d9.jpg

Attachments

• 20180205_140822.jpg
    20180205_140822.jpg
    704 bytes · Views: 84
  • 20180205_140805.jpg
    20180205_140805.jpg
    710 bytes · Views: 84
  • 20180205_140748.jpg
    20180205_140748.jpg