The new 2018 Golf sportwagen and Jetta TDI...

labatt50

... is a Chevy cruze

6 speed manual also... and it even brake the 50mpg on the highway.

ScreenHunter_1563 Feb. 06 10.27.jpg

ScreenHunter_1562 Feb. 06 10.24.jpg

Last edited:
I hope VW brings back TDI, a ton of people would still buy them. I personally don't care about the scandal and would consider them.

I hope VW brings back TDI, a ton of people would still buy them. I personally don't care about the scandal and would consider them.

I'm an ex-diesel owner, and I care about the scandal... Ever been to Europe? The entire continent reeks of diesel exhaust. They stink less in North America because of complicated and expensive diesel emission control system, that are unreliable and apparently shut off under many load conditions. Meanwhile, gasoline cars are getting almost as efficient.

Good riddance if you ask me.

le scandale diesel, je suppose que c'est bon pour l'électrique.

dommage tout de même

La Cruze 5 portes c'est une Hatch, pas une wagon. Wagon ftw

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm an ex-diesel owner, and I care about the scandal... Ever been to Europe? The entire continent reeks of diesel exhaust. They stink less in North America because of complicated and expensive diesel emission control system, that are unreliable and apparently shut off under many load conditions. Meanwhile, gasoline cars are getting almost as efficient.

Good riddance if you ask me.

lol at almost as efficient, right... find me a 2.0 engine that has the same torque and power with that fuel consumption lol a yaris is anemic and still is far behind in terms of fuel efficiency buddy lol

the way a diesel engine works (with compression instead of spark plugs) is pretty much impossible to attain for a normal gas engine car in terms of power to fuel efficiency ratio! and I'm being very generous in saying pretty much impossible... cause I would say 100% impossible. there is a reason why boats and trains and trucks use diesel you know...

lol at almost as efficient, right... find me a 2.0 engine that has the same torque and power with that fuel consumption lol a yaris is anemic and still is far behind in terms of fuel efficiency buddy lol

the way a diesel engine works (with compression instead of spark plugs) is pretty much impossible to attain for a normal gas engine car in terms of power to fuel efficiency ratio! and I'm being very generous in saying pretty much impossible... cause I would say 100% impossible. there is a reason why boats and trains and trucks use diesel you know...

Mazda arrivent bientôt avec un moteur SkyactivX , qui vas pouvoir fonctionner sur la compression sous certaine condition et sinon avec l'aide des spark plugs.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/01/27/skyactiv-x-le-moteur-a-essence-na-pas-dit-son-dernier-mot

On s'en tape des chiffres de la consommation, ce sont les émanations polluantes qui sont importantes....

Shows how much you know about modern cars. It's as though you're stuck in 2005.

Yes diesels have good low end power, and better thermal efficiency due to higher compression and diesel fuel has more energy per volume than gas, thank you Einstein. The problem is modern emissions systems have a negative impact on fuel efficiency. Diesels are going backwards and gasoline is going forward. And despite the torque they aren't that quick anyway

The new 2018 Camry 2.5L non-hybrid gets 34mpg combined(29/41 city/highway). That's 1mpg less than a 2015 Golf TDi(31/41 city/highway). Some reviewers are reporting 50mpg highway trips with the new Camry.

The future is here but you're not.

Titre de m****, je suis déçu

Justement c'est decevant que volks se fasse prendre le marché pas une cruze...

Mais plus ya de competition mieux c'est et bravo a gm d'offrir un diesel manuel en 2017-2018

Une tdi golf ou jetta.. Je crois qu'il y en plus depuis 2015 dans le neuf

Yes diesels have good low end power, and better thermal efficiency due to higher compression and diesel fuel has more energy per volume than gas, thank you Einstein. The problem is modern emissions systems have a negative impact on fuel efficiency. Diesels are going backwards and gasoline is going forward. And despite the torque they aren't that quick anyway

The new 2018 Camry 2.5L non-hybrid gets 34mpg combined(29/41 city/highway). That's 1mpg less than a 2015 Golf TDi(31/41 city/highway). Some reviewers are reporting 50mpg highway trips with the new Camry.

you say I'm stuck in 2005 and yet show me a STILL lower fuel consumption car of 2018... good job there bud.

oh yeah, I can haul almost wtv the fuck I want with my tdi without a problem. and STILL get good mileage! as for manufacturer's number, they are WELL KNOWN to be way under what is achieved in real world, I once did 1280km in one tank WHILE hauling my jetski in the states. try to beat that in ANY gas car, come on now. I think the future is electric! which I could afford a telsa, but i can't... so diesel it is!

Le futur est électrique, on s'en fou de savoir si l'essence est mieux que le diesel, c'est un combat du siècle passé

Le futur est électrique, on s'en fou de savoir si l'essence est mieux que le diesel, c'est un combat du siècle passé
Effectivement, il reste encore du chemin à faire pour que le rapport km parcourus par charge et prix du produit soit intéressant aussi.

Moi honnêtement à mon salaire, je peux pas m'en permettre une.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

The only thing mainstream gasoline is "moving forward" with at the moment is unfiltered small particulate emissions. You know, the ones diesel got a bad rap for. That and converting crops into "fuel" I guess.

It may be surprising to learn that the modern gasoline direct-injection (GDI) engines in today’s passenger cars can emit more hazardous fine particulate matter than a port fuel-injected engine (PFI), or even the latest heavy-duty diesels equipped with a particulate filter. And the potential impact to public health from these particulates is driving new developments in fuel delivery, controls, and combustion strategies.
http://articles.sae.org/13624/

They're both shitty.

Ils se concentre sur l’électrique. La nouvelle plateforme MEB devrait sortir sous peu. La plateforme va être adaptée pour plus de batteries et on envisage une autonomie entre 500-600 kms.

Back