Should MR ditch Vbulletin for another forum software?

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Vbulletin parent company Internet Brands has made sticking with Vbulletin software difficult moving forward.

Vb 3 & 4 are at end of life and the company will make zero money by supporting them, in fact it will cost them money to continue to do so. Vb 5 isn't selling because it's awful and most 3&4 users do not see Vb 5 as a viable upgrade path.

So basically Vb 3&4 users have nowhere to go except other scripts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A massive forum for sports enthusiasts called HFboards recently migrated from VB to Xenforo and I have to say it's been amazing. As a VB user I've gotten used to the new layout quickly and find it smooth and efficient. I'm thinking of doing the same for MR. I'm sure people will complain at first but Xenforo really is superior software. I especially like the notifications where you can see if someone replies to your messages.

Do as you wish.

Regardless of your decision people will complain and argue with you until they are blue in the face or say they will quit and don't come back.

We should go back to EzBoard, life was simple back then.

Just went on HFBoards.

For sure, we will need to adapt as we are used with the Vbulletin layout. But i don't see it as a big problem. I find it pretty much similar. Some member will probably wine for the sake of wining.

Quick question from someone that does not know much on computer : Why do you need to upgrade if this one is going well ( from a PC user point of view ) ?

HFBoards look pas mal comme Vbulletin..
un system simple. tant que la conversion ne mélange pas toute le forums.

j'ai deja été sur un forum tres populaire que suite a une modification de software tout a changer et le forum est rendu mort depuis.

Just went on HFBoards.

For sure, we will need to adapt as we are used with the Vbulletin layout. But i don't see it as a big problem. I find it pretty much similar. Some member will probably wine for the sake of wining.

Quick question from someone that does not know much on computer : Why do you need to upgrade if this one is going well ( from a PC user point of view ) ?

Because the support will end for the product, since the universe continues, versions of browsers and mobile apps will evolve, problems will accumulate on the forum and everything could stop working after and update.

Back