What do you know/heard about Audi S4 2014-2015

rebel

hi MR community, i want to pick your brain on what you know or heard about the audi s4, years 2014 or 2015, 6 MT.

i researched the interwebs and not much negative feedback.
engine seems solid
good 6mt transmission
nice interior
mod friendly
a bit expensive in the used and hard to find
is it still a "stay away" German if you're out of warranty?

some dealers offer the CPO, but i don't know the price. what would be reasonable (usually it adds 3 years and up to 160 000 km)

anyone working in an Audi dealer here that could help?

thanks

Hi there,

I had a 2013 S4 S-Tronic for a couple of months. Claimed $6000 to Audi before the end of warranty, main thing was downpipes apparently but also sunroof rack (unusual I believe) and a couple of other things. Stayed 2 weeks there.

I went straight for the extended warranty after that. What is nice is while you are still under the 4y/80 000 kms, you can get the new car warranty. You can also finance it at 0% interest and payments goes on your credit card for 12 to 36 months I believe.

I miss that car, it was a blast to drive.

hi MR community, i want to pick your brain on what you know or heard about the audi s4, years 2014 or 2015, 6 MT.

i researched the interwebs and not much negative feedback.
engine seems solid
good 6mt transmission
nice interior
mod friendly
a bit expensive in the used and hard to find
is it still a "stay away" German if you're out of warranty?

some dealers offer the CPO, but i don't know the price. what would be reasonable (usually it adds 3 years and up to 160 000 km)

anyone working in an Audi dealer here that could help?

thanks

CPO ajoute 2 ans ou 80000km de garantie a la garantie de base. Ce que plusieurs personne ne comprenne pas est que ca ne veux pas dire total de 6ans/160000km.

Si tu achete une 2014 avec 40000km que le 4 ans a fini il y a 6 mois tu va avoir 1.5 année de garantie (car ton 2 ans est partie il y a 6mois)

même chose pour les haut millage si tu achète une 2016 avec 85000km et que la voiture est rentrer au dealer a genre 81000km il y a quelques mois tu viens de perde plusieurs mois de garantie.

Bref c'est un petit détail important a vérifier

Le CPO ce vend entre 2300 et 2800$ et va te donner des taux d’intérêt avantageux

Concernant la voiture, c'est tres solide, et quand meme fiable vs les autre de la meme categorie

14-15 are the better years (B8.5). Nicer interior and some engine enhancements IIRC. I think a modded B8.5 makes more hp than B8. 6spd man will ensure no DSG issues. I think its a solid buy. Do it. With a few bolt-ons, its very respectable.

B8.5 gets
-electromechanical steering replaced hydraulic.
-the new crown center differential (DSG only I believe)
-Better interior updates
-Flat bottom Steering wheel
-better and faster MMI
-Second Gen DSG transmission (NA for you but still)

Thanks a lot for the input. I will do around 10000 km per year. Cars that i m looking at are between 45000-75000 km. Is it worth the cpo warranty? As i m not driving a lot. Or i m just wasting money for nothing as the two years will come up and what could go wrong in 20 000 kms?

What do you think?

Another point is that i could get the cash from a credit line with 3% interest, would the interest rate from the cpo be lower that 3%? The car is used.

These are the current interest rates for CPO Audi S4 model years 2012-2018

24 months- 0.9%
36 months - 1.98%
48 months - 1.98%
60 months - 2.98%
72 months - 3.98%

great info in this thread guys. thanks a lot.
the car will be paid in 2 years max. so i guess the 0.9% is a no brainer for 24 months.

now someone mentioned you could put the payments on the credit card? is this doable? that would be great as i would make points which would cashback to around 500-600$ after 2 years.

other question what are the downpipes? not familiar with this slang. is this the exhaust manifold that end up in a Y-pipe?

does the manufacturer warranty still apply? let's say the car has 3 years, 60 000 km. it's transferable to my name even if it's a used car?

without the CPO what is the warranty the dealer gives you? 3 months?

Downpipe is the portion of the exhaust right after the turbo. It usually contains the catalytic converter.

It is strongly recommended to get it replaced with either a hi-flow , larger diameter one, or just replace it with a straight 3” diameter tuber . This along with a tune will give you a noticeable power gain.

Downpipe is the portion of the exhaust right after the turbo. It usually contains the catalytic converter.

It is strongly recommended to get it replaced with either a hi-flow , larger diameter one, or just replace it with a straight 3” diameter tuber . This along with a tune will give you a noticeable power gain.
The s4 is a supercharged engine. The downpipe in that case are after the manifold. 3 bolt flange that are a pain to undo without breaking. Been there done that.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

payment on credit card is if you go with a audi sans soucis warranty!

Car has 4 years or 80 000 kms warranty, no powertrain warranty.

for the audi dealer experts, on a 35000-40000$ used S4, how much margin is there to negotiate? 1000-2000$? or are dealers more willing to throw in winter tires/wheels tpms than reduce their price? what is the optimum strategy?

you'll probably can get winter tires, one free maintenance and as u mention $1000-$2000 off. that's what happen to my buddy when he bought his used A4 from an Audi dealership.

for the audi dealer experts, on a 35000-40000$ used S4, how much margin is there to negotiate? 1000-2000$? or are dealers more willing to throw in winter tires/wheels tpms than reduce their price? what is the optimum strategy?

La marge moyenne a l'achat est de 5000$, apres ca tu mets le reconditionnement, le changement d'huile, l'esthétique, changer les pneus ou freins si besoin.

La moyenne du reconditionnement est d'environ 2000$, il reste donc 3000$ de profit. Tu pourras en général couper un autre 1000$

Si l'auto arrive au dealer et qu'aucun changement de pièces est nécessaire, il te feront un meilleur rabais mais tu aura pas des pièces neuves.

Back