woman claims potential wedding venue violated her religious freedoms

D_Accord

Legacy Member
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-s-wom...nue-violated-her-religious-freedoms-1.3800763

A Dartmouth woman claims a local hotel is infringing on her freedom of religion by not offering appropriate food for her wedding reception.

Susan Ashley says the Delta Hotel in Dartmouth has denied her request to have halal food at the venue, something she says is needed for a traditional Muslim meal.

“It wouldn't have been a big issue, and I honestly feel that it infringes on my human rights,” said Ashely. “I can't say enough how upset I am.”

In a statement to CTV News, the Delta Hotel said they can offer some halal food, although it might not be up to orthodox standards and they wouldn't allow outside caterers into the venue. The Delta said bringing an outside caterer into their kitchen would mean they would have to suspend food preparation for the rest of the guests.

The Delta also said they try to work with their customers, but this particular case wouldn't be possible.

"Our catering menu does include many halal selections, however, we cannot provide assurances of no cross-contamination for clients who seek a true orthodox meal," said an official for Armour Group Ltd., which represents the Delta Hotel.

Halal means "permissible," and for Muslims it encompasses foods that are prepared a certain way. For meats, it refers to the way the animal is slaughtered.

“It's supposed to be a very quick, painless death. The knife is supposed to be very, very sharp, one swift go,” said Halal retailer Jibran Khan.

Halal food is becoming more accessible in the Halifax area. Khan says it's an important signal to Muslims that times are changing.

“I grew up here, 26 years in Canada not being able to go to restaurants, having to watch what I eat at friend’s places, so it just becomes a little restrictive in a lot of ways.,” said Khan.

Ashley is now looking at other venues, but she says there’s a price difference.

“Downtown Halifax is very expensive and I don't want to spend $50,000 on a wedding,” she said. “I believe the Delta declined allowing me to have a caterer because they would essentially lose profit.”

But Armour Group Ltd. said the Delta can't guarantee there wouldn’t be any cross-contamination during preparation.

"The client seemed committed to having an outside caterer from the outset of her request, which appeared to be driven solely by economics," the spokesperson said

===============================================================================================================

Ah yeahhh here we go, you know what time it is. The level of sense of entitlement is through the roof. I had no idea that hotels had to supply appropriate food to all religious groups in her mind? FUCK OFF CUNT.... pardon my Tourette.

Didn't she ask about the food BEFORE booking? stupid people.

edit: just re-read and it looks like the wedding is not done yet.....just go somewhere else if the place doesn't have what you want.

Would you have made this thread if it was kosher instead of halal food?

Impossibru. A Jew would not be this retarded, would have went to a Jew owned establishment they know would serve kosher food in the first place.

See what people don't understand is that freedom of religion means that nobody can stop you from believing in some made up deity or practicing it within the extent of the law. It doesn't mean that it entitles you to force people into going along with your mental affliction (religion).

But here we are. Thanks SJWs.

I love reading news article over people claiming religious rights and freedom... while they know damn well they would never be able to do such in a traditional Muslim dominated country.

Impossibru. A Jew would not be this retarded, would have went to a Jew owned establishment they know would serve kosher food in the first place.

See what people don't understand is that freedom of religion means that nobody can stop you from believing in some made up deity or practicing it within the extent of the law. It doesn't mean that it entitles you to force people into going along with your mental affliction (religion).

But here we are. Thanks SJWs.

We have had to deal AND STILL DEAL with far right conservative Christian imposing their mental affliction on American policy in an order of magnitude that is waaaay beyond what muslims or Boudhist have imposed on us here. Yet, the smoke show still goes on... soo easy to turn people's attention to false issue.

We have had to deal AND STILL DEAL with far right conservative Christian imposing their mental affliction on American policy in an order of magnitude that is waaaay beyond what muslims or Boudhist have imposed on us here. Yet, the smoke show still goes on... soo easy to turn people's attention to false issue.

You're right, ideally they'd be removed too but the problem there is that the country was founded with Christian values intertwined.

Out of curiosity, with the exception of the abortion zealots which is a mega topic in and of itself, what religion based things are being forced upon others?

I figured it out. I can go to movies and bring food and if they say anything I will cry in the newspapers that they're infringing my human rights.

$profit$.

Ton point c'est quoi ? Qu'on devrait pas en faire de plats jusqu' a temps que tout les pouvoirs d'attardés religieux soient les meme ? Bouhou lui c'est ben pire, laisse les tranquille ils ont pas fait beaucoup de tord encore... n'importe quoi.

Would you have made this thread if it was kosher instead of halal food?

Kosher certification is just a rabbi blessing the facility where the food is sourced from. Rabbi walks in, sprinkles some fairy dust and gets cut a check. Annual renewals required. Its a racket.

Ton point c'est quoi ? Qu'on devrait pas en faire de plats jusqu' a temps que tout les pouvoirs d'attardés religieux soient les meme ? Bouhou lui c'est ben pire, laisse les tranquille ils ont pas fait beaucoup de tord encore... n'importe quoi.

C'est une bonne chose qu'on a des keyboard warriors pour nous protéger.

You're right, ideally they'd be removed too but the problem there is that the country was founded with Christian values intertwined.

Out of curiosity, with the exception of the abortion zealots which is a mega topic in and of itself, what religion based things are being forced upon others?

Christians love to discriminate against homosexuals for some reason...

Back