Micra owners in here!!

Le Jour

So it's been several years. How do you like the cars? Anyone have one set up for track/light mods like coilovers? Is it reliable? How is the gas? Do you get bitties?

I will be needing a new econobox by summer. I'm hesitating between a tercel/civic since I have parts and they are fantastic cars, or just biting the bullet and getting a new micra that will surely last me 20+ years. I'm expecting to get a similar experience of a light fun simple econobox, wheels, suspension, maybe exhaust. Something I can always rely on, drive cross country, and send on the touge.

if anyone would like to take me for a rip in one that's been modified, I'll buy you coffee.

DSC09514_0.jpg

I can't say much for daily driving these cars, however last year we had a rookie lapping driver show up with a new Micra and he did almost every Monday night lapping session and he progressed quite well.
The car is under powered, under tired and under sprung but that didnt stop him- he kept it stock , except for race pads from Perry Performance.
The car was not fast but reliable as hell.

Now looking ahead- nobody offers a suspension set up in Canada. There are used 1st gen Nismo suspensions for sale via race teams. The current Cup series coilover is not for sale yet to public. None of the other parts are available to the public, however Perry Performance has some used bits.

Unless you plan to race in the series, DO NOT but one thinking it's a good track car, IT IS not.

But it is really reliable, we can't break the race car, and its cheap on gas- one tank full for a race weekend.... so its your choice.

good to hear. I have no intentions of lapping myself, but it does need to be relatively fun to drive to justify the cost versus hunting for clean 90's econoboxes.

I love a good econobox. The Micra is okay not sure I'd want to keep one for 20 years as you won't get the years from it. I think I'd take a slightly older Fit. My father in law has a 14 with 23k on it, yea it lacks refinement but it's sure fun to drive

J'en n'ai eu une de courtoisie pendant 1 semaine.

Les pour:
Excellente maniabilité.
Très bonne visibilité.
Pas chère d'entretien.
Et ça me semble fiable.

Les moins:
Consommation decevante: 8-9 litres au 100 sur l'autoroute @ 110km/h en automne.
Bruit de rôle,mal insonoriser.
C'est très laid.

C'est à peu près ça pas mal.

.... sent from my boomstick!

Les pour:
Excellente maniabilité.
Très bonne visibilité.
Pas chère d'entretien.
Et ça me semble fiable.

Les moins:
C'est très laid.

Consommation avec la cvt? C'est pas raisonnable calice. Mais la Fit de ma mère est très ordinaire sur autoroute aussi, genre 8l/100 à 120-125.

I love a good econobox. The Micra is okay not sure I'd want to keep one for 20 years as you won't get the years from it. I think I'd take a slightly older Fit. My father in law has a 14 with 23k on it, yea it lacks refinement but it's sure fun to drive
I had a 09 Fit for almost a year and it's fake fun. The feel of fun/speed mostly comes from the lack of refinement, not from any real sport tuning. I'm pretty sure a stock yaris would beat a stock fit at an autoslalom event (although the fit short gearing might help) and the ride is more plush and relax day to day. I took the fit to the autoslalom and was not impressed.

I drive both cars at work, we don't have any micra unfortunately. My top pick would be a 2015 micra for 5.5k$ or a 2009-2010 yaris for 4k$. You can also check if there is aftermarket support for the Fiesta. They won't last 20 years but they are dirt cheap for their age (3-4k for the early years)

Consommation avec la cvt? C'est pas raisonnable calice. Mais la Fit de ma mère est très ordinaire sur autoroute aussi, genre 8l/100 à 120-125.
Non automatique 4 vitesses.. C'est degeulasse comme consommation.

J'en faut 5.5 de moyenne avec ma Cruze... :/

Non automatique 4 vitesses.. C'est degeulasse comme consommation.

J'en faut 5.5 de moyenne avec ma Cruze... :/

Ok je croyais que Nissan était rendu full cvt. La tendance de faire des econobox gearé beaucoup plus court que les berlines compactes est cave mais il faut relativiser, si tu fais 10k km/an dont 70% de ville, au final le 3000km d'autoroute à 7-8l au lieu de 6 c'est même pas 100$/an, ça tombe à 50$/an une fois qu'on enlève 6 mois en moto. En ville, je consomme toujours 10-13l/100 peu importe ce que le sticker epa dit.

Ma civic avait pratiquement le même moteur que la micra (1.6l 106hp) et pesait 50kg de plus, et sur l'autoroute je devais etre à 2200rpm à 100 vs 2500-3000 sur les econobox de l'heure.

Another car to consider is mazda2. There is limited aftermarket support from corksport and racing beat since the car was only sold for 4(?) model years. They're quite popular with the autocross crowd, bulletproof though obviously underpowered. They also depreciated more than their Japanese counterparts, being a mazda and all.

You can run Miata wheels on them so your wheel/tires options in the aftermarket is quite good. I also believe that corksport offers an exhaust, air intake and suspension package for it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

good to hear. I have no intentions of lapping myself, but it does need to be relatively fun to drive to justify the cost versus hunting for clean 90's econoboxes.

If you have no plans to lap the car, take a look at the Fit for all the obvious reasons. Better car overall, easier to find aftermarket parts, better resale and it may very well last 20 years....

If you have no plans to lap the car, take a look at the Fit for all the obvious reasons. Better car overall, easier to find aftermarket parts, better resale and it may very well last 20 years....
The aftermarket is decent for the Fiesta, you can get bits from Ford Performance and a few outlets in the UK. Are they still banned at a few driving events because of "rollovers"?

I just feel for the price of the Micra new you can actually get a really nice used car with better creature comforts. An Accord will last forever..

IMO I would not spend more than 2500-3000$ on an econobox. Let's be honest here, they all sorta drive the same, feel the same, sound the same.

Dans les econobox et plaisir de conduire. les focus ZX3/ZX5 sont dur a battre (Je parle des MK1, 1,5 et 3 )..touche pas au MK2.

Ma ZX3 SVT est crissement dur a battre côté plaisir de conduire..et meme la reguliere est le fun.
Par contre c'est pas econo sur le gaz comme une civic.....meme si ma SVT se compare en tout point avec une SI de meme année (la svt remportait les comparo dans le temps)

Pour un econobox, trouve celle que tu es le mieux assis dedans. Beaucoup de différence entre les marques. Chu hyper confo dans une Fiesta, zéro confort pour moi dans un Fit récent. Yaris est bien aussi selon moi mais chaque personne est différente. Pas essayer un Micra...

Le reste, c'est toute la meme affaire et c'est toute pas mal fiable quand tu prends ca manuel.

Les pour:
Excellente maniabilité.
Très bonne visibilité.
Pas chère d'entretien.
Et ça me semble fiable.

Les moins:
C'est très laid.

Possède une voiture pendant 1 semaine et ça affirme que le coût d'entretien est peu élevé. Oui oui bien sûr.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Les pour:
Excellente maniabilité.
Très bonne visibilité.
Pas chère d'entretien.
Et ça me semble fiable.

Les moins:
C'est très laid.

T'en a eu une pendant 1 semaine pis t'es capable de dire que c'est pas cher d'entretien pis que c'est fiable? cool

@OP beside the fact it's a bit noisy and not so cheap on gas that it looks to be it is a really decent car for the price. You'll hardly get something better within that range of price and mileage. It's better than a Mirage though... and also the handling is really surprising. And also stick to the manual transmission, gas mileage is really poor on the automatic with the 4 speeds

Ma mere a eu une 91

nissan__micra_lx_1991_2_lgw.jpg

Tenue de route merdique (roue de 12 pouces)
Moteur a carburateur anémique mais quand il embarquait sur le choke a -25 l'habitacle était chaude en 5 minutes.
Body solide, on a tous apprit a conduire manuel avec se char la, ma soeur a fait pour 5000$ de dommage sur un Chrysler Intrepid a l'époque et la Micra avait une poc de 1 pouce sur le coin arriere....

Ok je croyais que Nissan était rendu full cvt. La tendance de faire des econobox gearé beaucoup plus court que les berlines compactes est cave mais il faut relativiser, si tu fais 10k km/an dont 70% de ville, au final le 3000km d'autoroute à 7-8l au lieu de 6 c'est même pas 100$/an, ça tombe à 50$/an une fois qu'on enlève 6 mois en moto. En ville, je consomme toujours 10-13l/100 peu importe ce que le sticker epa dit.

Ma civic avait pratiquement le même moteur que la micra (1.6l 106hp) et pesait 50kg de plus, et sur l'autoroute je devais etre à 2200rpm à 100 vs 2500-3000 sur les econobox de l'heure.

La Micra est automatique 4 vitesses et la Versa est CVT mais avec le même moteur. La Versa est plus grosse, un peu plus lourde et ironiquement consomme moins qu'une Micra automatique lol

Back