Florida school shooting

Lol it doesnt take much to buy a gun in the usa. That is a known fact.

Just for fun. Let's take a look at Washington DC gun laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_District_of_Columbia

As per Wiki, gun owners must pass background checks for all types of firearms, must have a permit to purchase, all firearms are to be registered, no rights to carry, 10 rounds max capacity for rifles, .50BMG caliber firearms prohibited, assault rifles prohibited, no automatic weapons... Washington DC laws are very comparable to what we have in Canada and are considered to be some of the harshest in the USA.

Now let's take a look at gun related crimes in the USA to compare between states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_death_rates_in_the_United_States_by_state

Washington DC takes the lead as highest gun murder rates per 100000 inhabitants (at 16.5). Rank number 2 is Louisiana, with a gun murder rate of 7.7 per 100000 inhabitants.

I prefer to blame the Dindus, social inequities, healthcare and education out of reach for poor population rather than availability of firearms.

Clearly you have absolutely NO IDEA of what is the process to own a firearm in Canada and in the USA and you're just making assumptions based on Hollywood movies and TVA news.

Just for fun. Let's take a look at Washington DC gun laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_District_of_Columbia

As per Wiki, gun owners must pass background checks for all types of firearms, must have a permit to purchase, all firearms are to be registered, no rights to carry, 10 rounds max capacity for rifles, .50BMG caliber firearms prohibited, assault rifles prohibited, no automatic weapons... Washington DC laws are very comparable to what we have in Canada and are considered to be some of the harshest in the USA.

Now let's take a look at gun related crimes in the USA to compare between states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_death_rates_in_the_United_States_by_state

Washington DC takes the lead as highest gun murder rates per 100000 inhabitants (at 16.5). Rank number 2 is Louisiana, with a gun murder rate of 7.7 per 100000 inhabitants.

I prefer to blame the Dindus, social inequities, healthcare and education out of reach for poor population rather than availability of firearms.

Clearly you have absolutely NO IDEA of what is the process to own a firearm in Canada and in the USA and you're just making assumptions based on Hollywood movies and TVA news.

Were the multiple guns purchased by the 19 year old retard in Florida purchased legally or illegally?

For the record: we own multiple firearms at home....

Chicago has gun laws and just look at what's happening.

Yeah and the neighbouring states barely have any. Just like how the vast majority of illegal guns from canada from the US. a lot of the illegal guns in chicago come from neighbouring states.

Would like me to come up with a neighbouring town analogy for you?

Were the multiple guns purchased by the 19 year old retard in Florida purchased legally or illegally?

For the record: we own multiple firearms at home....

Would the fact the guns were legal or not change the events that happened at that Florida school?

Nope, reality check, murderers don't follow laws.

And for the record: I didn't follow the story at all so can't tell if his firearms were indeed legal, I own firearms as well, and I am pro-firearm control, but to a certain extent.

Would the fact the guns were legal or not change the events that happened at that Florida school?

Thanks for answering my question.

It does change something. If he couldn't purchase them legally, it would make it more difficult for him to buy some illegally. Just the fact that it's legal gave him that extra push to go forward and do it. If it were illegal, he might have not even attempt to find any.

Look at weed right now. It's illegal. People get it illegally. Anyone can get some if they want, but they dont, cause it's illegal, or dont have the channels to get some or the guts to go ask around for some. The day it becomes legal, everyone will jump on it.

I edited my message, I didn't follow the Florida story at all, can't say if he bought legal firearms or not.

Florida has almost no firearm regulation. No gun license required, no registration... So basically I'd assume the gun was bought legally. But even with licenses, registration and all, we can't assume he couldn't have been able to get his hands on a rifle.

I personally think owning a firearm is a privilege, not a right, and that owners should have licenses proving they can operate safely a firearm plus a background check to prohibit criminals and mentally ill people from owning them.
If a system can filter adequately who can have a firearm and who cannot, then I see no reason to have silly laws like capacity restriction, minimum barrel length, type of firearms that are legal...

I edited my message, I didn't follow the Florida story at all, can't say if he bought legal firearms or not.

Florida has almost no firearm regulation. No gun license required, no registration... So basically I'd assume the gun was bought legally. But even with licenses, registration and all, we can't assume he couldn't have been able to get his hands on a rifle.

I personally think owning a firearm is a privilege, not a right, and that owners should have licenses proving they can operate safely a firearm plus a background check to prohibit criminals and mentally ill people from owning them.
If a system can filter adequately who can have a firearm and who cannot, then I see no reason to have silly laws like capacity restriction, minimum barrel length, type of firearms that are legal...
Because with no laws, things get out of hand.
You have a license to drive a car, does it mean you can drive as fast as you want and dont have any other restrictions?

Should be the same with guns.

Yeah and the neighbouring states barely have any. Just like how the vast majority of illegal guns from canada from the US. a lot of the illegal guns in chicago come from neighbouring states.

Would like me to come up with a neighbouring town analogy for you?

So basically you're admitting that criminals will disregard laws and find a way to get a gun anyways.

Follow up question, if easy access to guns is the problem and it's easier to get it in the neighboring states , then why don't those neighboring states experience even worse violence?

Because with no laws, things get out of hand.
You have a license to drive a car, does it mean you can drive as fast as you want and dont have any other restrictions?

Should be the same with guns.

Quand on regarde les tueries dans des écoles au Québec, Concordia son arme restreinte était enregistré , Dawson ses armes restreintes étaient enregistrées

pourtant les événements sont arrivés

Quand on regarde les tueries dans des écoles au Québec, Concordia son arme restreinte était enregistré , Dawson ses armes restreintes étaient enregistrées

pourtant les événements sont arrivés

Donc ton raisonnement cest laissons ca free for all vue que les evenements vont arriver pareil? Ou penses tu pas qu’il y en aurait moins si cetait mieux controler tant au niveau des armes qu’au niveau de l’individu?

Des exceptions et du monde qui passent tous les tests possibles mais qui font des mauvais coup y va toujours y en avoir pareil. Mais ya de quoi a faire pour diminuer le reste.

Chicago has gun laws and just look at what's happening.

Chicken / Egg sort of problems.

They were already fucked up before they enacted these gun control rules as a last ditch effort. You'd give these guys in the hood broadswords or bow and arrows and they'd likely go at each other just as hard.

I find Canada has managed to strike a good balance between hunting / recreative shooting and overall public safety. Doesn't mean our approach would stand a chance in the U.S.

Donc ton raisonnement cest laissons ca free for all vue que les evenements vont arriver pareil? Ou penses tu pas qu’il y en aurait moins si cetait mieux controler tant au niveau des armes qu’au niveau de l’individu?

Des exceptions et du monde qui passent tous les tests possibles mais qui font des mauvais coup y va toujours y en avoir pareil. Mais ya de quoi a faire pour diminuer le reste.

Ne me met pas des mots dans la bouche

Pourtant , Washington D.C on un contrôle et des lois sévère en place , similaire au Canada et pourtant c'est le numéro 1 au Usa pour les meurtres avec arme a feu

Je n'ai pas la solution au problème des armes a feu au état unis, peut être les armes ne sont pas assez dispendieuse, encore la , les armes ne tuent pas , c,est les munitions , trop de munitions en circulation et peut-être elle ne sont pas assez cher

Ne me met pas des mots dans la bouche

Pourtant , Washington D.C on un contrôle et des lois sévère en place , similaire au Canada et pourtant c'est le numéro 1 au Usa pour les meurtres avec arme a feu

Je n'ai pas la solution au problème des armes a feu au état unis, peut être les armes ne sont pas assez dispendieuse, encore la , les armes ne tuent pas , c,est les munitions , trop de munitions en circulation et peut-être elle ne sont pas assez cher

Ca fait une couple de personnes que je vois dire ca de Washington. D’ou vient cette info? Car quand je check sur google rapidement c’est pas ca le resultat j’obtiens..

Et pour ton commentaire sur les armes ne tuent pas cest les munitions....please.... si je te lance une balle dans le front tu va tu mourir?
Je pense ce que tu voulais plutot dire cest le old saying “guns dont kill people, people kill people”. Ce qui vient appuyer le fait quil faut mieux controler le monde a qui on donne ces fusils.

Ca fait une couple de personnes que je vois dire ca de Washington. D’ou vient cette info? Car quand je check sur google rapidement c’est pas ca le resultat j’obtiens..

Et pour ton commentaire sur les armes ne tuent pas cest les munitions....please.... si je te lance une balle dans le front tu va tu mourir?
Je pense ce que tu voulais plutot dire cest le old saying “guns dont kill people, people kill people”. Ce qui vient appuyer le fait quil faut mieux controler le monde a qui on donne ces fusils.

Non se que je voulais dire , c'est qu'il est peut être temps de réglementer le nombre de munitions qu'une personne peux avoir ( au State ) , ta pas de munition pour ton arme a feu, elle sers pas a grand chose , quoi que ceux qui font du reloading n'aurons pas ce problème la , la personne qui veut faire un mass shooting comme celui de Las Vegas, arrive préparé avec plusieurs chargeur a grande capacité et des centaines de balle , c'est une idée comme ça, jamais il va avoir un ban comme en Australie , juste a voir le fiasco en Australie et le scandale/fraude pour le rachat des armes par le gouvernement

pour ton info sur Washington

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_États_américains_par_nombre_de_meurtres_par_année

Basically you're making up the result to justify your point of view. I'd argue the opposite based on human nature and self preservation. After a few times people would get the message and it would stop. The only way I can remotely see it continuing is if people want suicide by cop. Instead of jumping in front of a train or taking some pills they go out for one last joy ride, but again we digress.

I still don't think you understand the fundamental point that i'm trying to make. I don't give a flying fuck about home protection with a firearm but you seem to be hung up on that. All i'm saying that without force to back up the law, there could be no

I like how because I gave an example about home defense to prove another point and you automatically ASSume that I'm pro firearm home defense.

In Canada we have laws friendly to criminals where the criminal who breaks into your home practically has more rights than you, so using a weapon here is pretty stupid unless you have amazing lawyer friends.

And yes, sourcing a comedian who even pokes fun at himself to not take it seriously is a good source of learning. *tu**tu* C'est fort

Yes, I did make up the result, because it was a made up scenario...lol. But I didn’t just made up the results to fit my narrative, I replicated exactly what’s happening today, how can you even argue about this?

Today, as we speak, everyone and their mother has a gun in the states, and today, as we speak, we have documented results that proves without a doubt that school shootings and overal gun crimes are to the roof. Is it that complicated to understand that these results completely overlap the needs of having guns at home «*to discourages bad boys to come kill all your family*»?

If the result I made up in your fictive story was indeed true, would you agree with me then? If the answer is yes, how can you not agree for the current situation in the states since it’s exactly the same result and this time it’s documented all over the place?

By the way that short video was just for the snowflakes out there thinking they could defend there home in the middle of the night with their guns stored in their safe lol

And for the record: I didn't follow the story at all so can't tell if his firearms were indeed legal, I own firearms as well, and I am pro-firearm control, but to a certain extent.

Yes, totally lol. Were talking about a kid in a god damn school lol. If firearms weren’t accessible you think that 16 years old kid would of got his weaponon the black market or something hahaha...You watch too much movies, it’s not as simple as you think to buy a «*used*» gun on the black market let alone when your a kid.

I have an idiot friend who tried to buy a 1911 without the proper permits, talked to multiple people, headed to montreal with 1100$ cash to buy the said gun, at the meeting point the seller pointed the said gun on my friend’s head, asked for the 1100$, and told my friend to fuck off lol big fail.

Were talking about a school with kids here come on.

Yes, totally lol. Were talking about a kid in a god damn school lol. If firearms weren’t accessible you think that 16 years old kid would of got his weaponon the black market or something hahaha...You watch too much movies, it’s not as simple as you think to buy a «*used*» gun on the black market let alone when your a kid.

I have an idiot friend who tried to buy a 1911 without the proper permits, talked to multiple people, headed to montreal with 1100$ cash to buy the said gun, at the meeting point the seller pointed the said gun on my friend’s head, asked for the 1100$, and told my friend to fuck off lol big fail.

Were talking about a school with kids here come on.

The kid already had the gun, he did not buy it the same day at school when he did the shooting and he did not get it illegally.

The guy is 19 years old he's not a kid. The same situation could have happened in Canada. At 18 he would have been able to get his license and buy a restricted AR15, and then proceed to go shoot a school. Even our strict firearm laws can't completely stop school shootings, look at Dawson. Legal firearm owner, legally registered firearms.

We should put emphasis on providing better mental health care to people in need. Almost all school shooters had violent behavior and thoughts before going ape-shit shooting innocent people, if their family and friends would've been there to take care of them and take away their guns, a lot of tragedies would never happen.

The kid already had the gun, he did not buy it the same day at school when he did the shooting and he did not get it illegally.

The guy is 19 years old he's not a kid. The same situation could have happened in Canada. At 18 he would have been able to get his license and buy a restricted AR15, and then proceed to go shoot a school. Even our strict firearm laws can't completely stop school shootings, look at Dawson. Legal firearm owner, legally registered firearms.

We should put emphasis on providing better mental health care to people in need. Almost all school shooters had violent behavior and thoughts before going ape-shit shooting innocent people, if their family and friends would've been there to take care of them and take away their guns, a lot of tragedies would never happen.

The FBI also admitted themselves that they screwed up and pretty much took the blame

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-the-shooting-in-parkland-florida/layout_view

ban the FBI

My bad I was talking about the scenario where weapons would be banned, in which people wouldn’t be able to have «*legally owned*» firearms. Anyway having strict laws like in Canada would only help, citing differents incidents like Dawson doesn’t change the fact that it would help for all the other cases where the shooter had access to guns without the proper regulations. Their will always be exceptions where people will do everything to bypass the gates, but using these example for saying «*Hey, see, gun regulations won’t change nothing*» is really over simplifying the situation.

Back