De jeunes anglophones songent à quitter le Québec

No fucks given.

It's a good idea to be bilingual in Quebec, because shit like this can happen to you.

I don't see how that's a problem, learn to speak french and you'll do just fine. If not then no one can help you but yourself.

It's just as retarded to speak only french and complain about the english oppressor as it is to expect to live in english all your life in a mostly french speaking province and have the same opportunities as french or bilingual people.

Welcome to the other side of the same coin.

I dont see what's the issue. It's logical. You cant really expect to find a good job when you cant understand the language they speak. It's just logic.
Regardless of where you are or what the official language is, if you cant understand the language they speak at work then that's a fkin problem. I wouldnt expect to find a job in china if i cant communicate in chinese

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I was called the "fking import" and a couple of other flattering names since I live here, my wife who was born here, fluent in 3 languages and highly educated treated like an outsider at work and was actually told that it doesn't matter how well she speaks French she will never be one of them. I honestly understand why a lot of people, not just Anglos, don't want to do anything with this province and it's people and rather move at first chance. Actually lost most of my friends do to that, I have more friends spread out in the rest of the provinces than here. Actually I don't really have friends left here now, thought I did make some new ones, but then the truth came out so I changed accordingly.

I'll never forget how enraged the old lady making sandwiches at Subway got and started screaming at us front of other clients for speaking English amongst ourselves even though my girl spoke French to her when she was ordering. Never seen that much anger and hatred coming from a person for no reason whatsoever. The other time I had the same level of negative experience is when I worked in a warehouse and I was amongst the group of people who passed the probation and one French guy was in a group who didn't, he went ballistic screaming stuff like how could they hire (me) an Anglo instead of one of their own (he ignored that they let him go because he did poorly everywhere they tried him). Glad that I've met a handful of French Canadians who were not like these people or I would have an even worse opinion about the people here.

dont be fooled, i get the same treatment for speaking french in manitoba, even tho there is alot of french people in MB, sometimes i get the nice comments like ''go back to your country french frog''..

I dont really mind it as i speak fluent english too.. so you answer with some tabarnak de caliss de sale, and they stop usually

Je peux faire un parallèle avec les anglos qui disent que les relations sont conflictuelles et les féministes.

La femme qui dit que l'homme a eu la job parce qu'il est un homme n'a jamais pensé une seconde que c'est parce qu'il est meilleur qu'elle?

L'anglophone qui dit ne pas trouver de job dans une province francophone (pas bilingue mais bien francophone) a deux choix: apprendre une base de français fonctionnel et/ou s'arranger pour être meilleur que le francophone. Plusieurs entrepreneurs vont choisir le meilleur candidat bien avant la langue...quitte à lui payer un cour de base si nécessaire. Le choix #3 est le choix facile de blâmer les autres et de quitter.

dont be fooled, i get the same treatment for speaking french in manitoba, even tho there is alot of french people in MB, sometimes i get the nice comments like ''go back to your country french frog''..

I dont really mind it as i speak fluent english too.. so you answer with some tabarnak de caliss de sale, and they stop usually

I got that yelled at me in Ottawa I guess because of my plate lol Aholes are everywhere, best experiece ever was in NB, people were freaky nice.

Ignorance is strong everywhere but it seems really bad between MB and AB.

Ou le monde qui partent aux États Unis et doublent ou triplent leur salaire.
Only if you have specific skills and other options have been exhausted. There is also the issue of getting a work visa for a spouse, it might not be included with the visa.

I'd rather take a posting in Europe or Asia. It seems most younger people are doing this rather than USA.

Non je trouve ca triste pour le Quebec de voir partir du monde competent juste parce que le petit Quebec a tellement peur des mechants anglais.

Le francophone doit être BILINGUE pour la pupart des boulots, pourquoi ça serait différement pour un Anglais ?
Il a lui aussi qu'a apprendre une 2ieme langue soit le Francais = tout est réglé.

Ciboire, sont tu si cave que ça les Anglais ?

Sinon qu'ils décalissent.

Moi je trouve ca triste de voir l'investissement de nos taxes partir vers l'extérieur , dans le fond on se fait doublement fourrer
parce qu'ils savaient dans leur tëte qu'une fois instruits ...ils utiliseraient cette excuse hypocrite.

Fait aucun doute que la force d'attraction de l'anglais est irrésistible comparée au francais, on doit donc nager à contre-courant juste pour garder notre francais vivant. La loi 101 a été et continue d'être une nécessité. Personne croit que c'est une bonne chose de maitriser qu'une seule langue que ce soit l'anglais ou le francais ou l'espagnol .

Tous les Québécois devraient connaitre l'anglais de base , tout autant les anglos et les migrants devraient connaitre le francais de base.
Cela dit , tous les Québécois doivent parler/écrire un francais attrayant , un francais gagnant , car comment attirer les autres si on méprise nous mêmes notre langue en parlant en inculte et écrivant comme des presqu'illétrés ?

C'est jamais bon de blâmer les autres avant d'avoir fait notre propre examen de conscience , mais si on a fait notre bout de chemin et que ca ne marche pas ...alors faut sortir le bâton linguistique , que ca plaise ou non.

êtes vous triste de voir des anglais partir car ils peuvent pas trouver de job sans parler francais ?

www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/02/17/de-jeunes-anglophones-songent-a-quitter-le-quebec

Le francophone doit être BILINGUE pour la pupart des boulots, pourquoi ça serait différement pour un Anglais ?
Il a lui aussi qu'a apprendre une 2ieme langue soit le Francais = tout est réglé.

Ciboire, sont tu si cave que ça les Anglais ?

Sinon qu'ils décalissent.
Because international business is generally done in English. If you wish to play in the field you need to know it.. as I said knowing another language is fine in my book but telling those who don't speak French to get out is pretty ignorant thinking.

As I said as well this seems to be an issue with the older crowd. I really don't know anyone my age that grew up here that doesn't speak French. I just wish they did a better a job of it when I was in school.

This is just pot stirring before an election. Simple as that

Because international business is generally done in English

Ça change quoi ça ? C'est pas tout les jobs qui doivent dealler avec l'extérieur du Québec...
La plupart des jobs deal local,
alors que tu soit anglo ou franco aprend les 2 langues et arrête de brailler, sinon décalisse, c'est pourtant simple et logique.

Dans les faits, si les jeunes anglais quittent le Québec, c'est pas à cause de la langue, c'est à cause qu'ils ont des meilleurs offerts ailleurs.

Là où je travaille, on engage des anglos à tour de bras... on va même les chercher dans les universités de l'Ontario. Ces jeunes anglos de l'Ontario veulent venir vivre à Montréal et à apprendre le français. J'ai des collègues de travail qui sont unilingues anglais.

Bon, c'est un article de TVA pour faire du click-bait mais c'est clair que c'est biaisé.

Always find it funny how people speaking languages other than English and French still keep up with speaking it after generations being here without having any laws protecting them. Meanwhile Quebec need laws and a language police and still some French people trying to return to school to get a better education fail a basic French test so bad that they have to take 3 French language courses a year besides all the others to catch up. It's one thing to be proud of your heritage, it's another actually knowing how to speak, read and write your own language.

2015 article written by a French Canadian
"In recent years, the Province of Quebec has proven to be a poor student. It ranks next-to-last in Canada in terms of literacy, despite the fact that school has been mandatory until age 16 since 1988. Approximately 53 per cent of the population do not reach the necessary threshold to function properly in a society that each year is becoming increasingly complex. And among that percentage, 19 per cent are unable to read and write."

2016 article related to the previous one
"A study finds that 27% of Quebec’s university graduates are functionally illiterate. In addition, 63% of high school graduates are also unable to cope with texts. Note that we’re talking here about people who grew up speaking French yet struggling to deal with written French – not folks coping with a second or third language."

I personally struggle with French, but it would be my 4th language even though one I almost completely forgot since I haven't used it much since I was 17. Did take 2 French courses and still speak it so bad that people ask me to speak English instead, or they just simply switch over to speaking English to me after my futile impersonation of a French speaker.

I was called the "fking import" and a couple of other flattering names since I live here, my wife who was born here, fluent in 3 languages and highly educated treated like an outsider at work and was actually told that it doesn't matter how well she speaks French she will never be one of them. I honestly understand why a lot of people, not just Anglos, don't want to do anything with this province and it's people and rather move at first chance. Actually lost most of my friends do to that, I have more friends spread out in the rest of the provinces than here. Actually I don't really have friends left here now, thought I did make some new ones, but then the truth came out so I changed accordingly.

I'll never forget how enraged the old lady making sandwiches at Subway got and started screaming at us front of other clients for speaking English amongst ourselves even though my girl spoke French to her when she was ordering. Never seen that much anger and hatred coming from a person for no reason whatsoever. The other time I had the same level of negative experience is when I worked in a warehouse and I was amongst the group of people who passed the probation and one French guy was in a group who didn't, he went ballistic screaming stuff like how could they hire (me) an Anglo instead of one of their own (he ignored that they let him go because he did poorly everywhere they tried him). Glad that I've met a handful of French Canadians who were not like these people or I would have an even worse opinion about the people here.

Lol @subway lady. Thats when you start to load up every topping on your sandwich, then you just walk out when she starts to wrap it.

I want a full story of subway lady. I had a similar but not as extreme situation happen to me at a dollar store with my cousin :laugh:

Le Quebec est une province unilingue francophone et non bilingue.... si je vais en Colombie-Britanique et je parle pas Anglais je me trouverai pas de job.... si tu veu pas apremdre un peu de francais..... hey ben too bad

I'm one of those that gtfo. I had enough of it. Its not only the language debate, add to that a crumbling infrastructure, insane taxes, the continuous waste of govmnt money (OLF being a prime example), and the cherry on top is being spoken down to because I have an accent in french, and I find it hard to understand slang french from lower classed quebeckiztaners.

My daughter was yelled at school by teachers more then once because she spoke in english to a fellow anglo classmate, and we were sent notices that our kid was breaking the rules by speaking in a language other than french.... DURING RECESS, it ENRAGED me, enough to pick up and move my whole family (5 of us).

I HATE this situation because quebec has the potential of being so awesome, ruined by ignorance, malice and just plain stupidity.

Back