This Is What It's Like To Drive An F1 Car From 1981

C'est fou de voir comme tout a changé sur un F1 en seulement 37 ans ...
Les gars avaient besoin d'être plus pilote qu'ajd pour conduire ces bolides.
Pi y'avait un shifter et une clutch, un vrai char .

Last edited:
J'enlève rien au talent actuel, il a été dévellopper en fonction de conduire les nouvelles générations de voiture. Assist pour ci, télémétrie pour qui vont te dire combien de fois t'as cligner des yeux pendant un lap, radio comms, analyse de tout jusqu'au dernier boulons.

Dans ce temps la, du talent seulement, c'était pas assez, ca prennais des balls en bronze pis de l'expérience pour conduire ces engins complètement mongol.

C'est fou de voir comme tout a changé sur un F1 en seulement 37 ans ...
Les gars devaient être plus pilote qu'ajd pour conduire ces bolides.

The DFV was such a prolific engine. It was used by pretty much 90% of the field until the mid 80s in some way... Powerful, reliable and inexpensive back then.. the same today where a rebuild is around 14000$ . Which is why you can purchase old F1 cars and they are some "affordable" to run compared to the more modern stuff. I bet that car didn't cost too much to buy, it's a a March 811 which was neither remarkable in 1981, fast or reliable. MadDonald was quoted saying "This car is a pile of shit and that’s official"

However with old F1 cars You don't need a crew of 10 people either to run it. The suspension is pretty basic stuff as well. No complicated CF bits or tubs. Still a fast car to drive, very fast.

So a Modern car like this https://www.mementoexclusives.com/f1-store/f1-shop/cars-and-engines/jordan-ej13-f1-car/

I remember this one didn't have an engine and there were several Judd options. I've posted about it before as a friend of mine was interested

A competitive JUDD motor will go for about 3000kms before a rebuild is needed. Here are some prices to put how much these cars cost to run if you do find a rolling chassis.. Here are prices for having a Judd fitted:

Here are prices for having a JUDD engine installed.
Demo use, low speeds: Total £130k. With 3.5L JUDD engine and ECU
Competitive race ready: Total £210k. With 4.0L JUDD engine and ECU
Podium car in BOSS series: Total £235k. With 5.0L JUDD engine and ECU
https://www.mementoexclusives.com/f...ar-honda-2001-jacques-villeneuve-ex-race-car/

A good in between would be a Formula Renault 3.5L or Similar... Which would run circles around pretty much anything from the 80s and even lots of stuff from the 90s. On the cheaper end of things older IndyCar with some sorta LS based engine

J'enlève rien au talent actuel, il a été dévellopper en fonction de conduire les nouvelles générations de voiture. Assist pour ci, télémétrie pour qui vont te dire combien de fois t'as cligner des yeux pendant un lap, radio comms, analyse de tout jusqu'au dernier boulons.

Dans ce temps la, du talent seulement, c'était pas assez, ca prennais des balls en bronze pis de l'expérience pour conduire ces engins complètement mongol.

Le bronze était pas assez solide, c'était des couilles en titanes que c'est gars là avaient

Le bronze était pas assez solide, c'était des couilles en titanes que c'est gars là avaient
3/4 of the field were a bunch of out of shape, beer drinking, heavy smoker men. Frank Williams said Alan Jones would have won more races had he cut his beer drinking in half. Kene Rosberg drank like a fish and smoked a pack a day.. Mansell was the same deal with drinking and only did the minimum workouts required by contract.

3/4 of the field were a bunch of out of shape, beer drinking, heavy smoker men. Frank Williams said Alan Jones would have won more races had he cut his beer drinking in half. Kene Rosberg drank like a fish and smoked a pack a day.. Mansell was the same deal with drinking and only did the minimum workouts required by contract.

But I think it was Hunt that set the standard, he was true triathlete! Booze, smoke, women.....

But I think it was Hunt that set the standard, he was true triathlete! Booze, smoke, women.....
He was also dead at 45..

Prost was one of the first drivers that started taking fitness seriously as he felt it would give him that edge... Schumacher took it to a new level, if he wasn't testing the car he was working out.

There was some flack saying how certain drivers were starved or such. The same group of journaslits were saying that Danny Ric and Stoffel Waffle were fat.

This diet isn't all that different from mine tbh
f7c7a7cc223ab77518ce918074ffa8fd.jpg

Dommage le vidéo a été supprimé de youtube mais il y avait un documentaire d'1 heure avec 2 francais qui coursaient en rally à l'époque avec une lancia stratos bleu, une équipe privé et des fond limité. Ils expliquaient justement que la clé de leurs victoires était sa grande forme. Ils étaient des athlètes et faisaient énormément de vélo en montagne à une époque ou tout le monde buvaient et fumaient. Ils avait des images ou on voit un équipe soulever un drivers pour les aider à sortir tellement ils étaient épuisés. Eux étaient encore en forme après une course et pourrait repartir

Back