Automotive sporting events 2018

Snail

Banned
Hey guys,

I'm making this thread out of naivety and curiosity, but please populate it with other automotive-related sporting events you attend or participate in.

My brother and I, big car fans with no experience, are looking for sporting events that require no racing license and don't involve putting your car at a great risk for wear and accidents, read not super competitive. We're also pretty broke; not a great combo for wanting to participate in automotive events, some of which have the highest upfront and participation costs possible. We've discussed and have decided not to want to purchase a car dedicated to this sort of stuff just yet. We'd like to try something out first before we go all $700-beater-Miata into it.

maxresdefault.jpg

My brother mentioned that he's heard of time trial rallies in the states where you're given marker locations, and your average speed is pretty much the speed limit of the roads you navigate. Of course you push your car a little, but you can use your daily driver for that.

Also, I'm never sure where to look for AutoX events in Québec. Can you simply show up and join in? You don't need any equipment or certification, right?

Anyway, this thread can be used to post up free, or otherwise, driving events/track days/whatever you hear of, competitive or not. I'm regularly gonna check this out, but most of all, I would love to participate if I can. Make sure to post pictures or videos if you go!

Cheers,
James

2015-Mazda-CX-3-Rally-05-620x413.jpg

what Greg said AND there is a dedicated forum section on MR that has all the info you are looking for.

what Greg said AND there is a dedicated forum section on MR that has all the info you are looking for.
Yeah I know, you're right. But I feel like there's so little traffic there that it won't get the same exposure as this section.

I'll check it out as well though.

there is not a lot of posts, but the right info is there and the links to the right clubs and info you are looking for.

Autocross or auto slalom is what you may be looking for, club CADL is the place to start.
https://cadl.qc.ca/wp/

Back