What's going on with VW new inventory? GTIs are like unicorns right now?

rollingsound

I'm getting delivery estimates like in June if I sign today. No one has inventory. Anyone have the inside story here? It's like ordering a fucking Ferrari or something lol. They couldn't possibly of fucked up sales forecasts this badly.

I'd venture to say it's because they made the R more interesting for buyers. Golf R of the current generation are a dime a dozen, it's all you see on the roads compared to GTI's. I guess they made production numbers reflect that.

2018 model came out, everybody wants them.

2017 model are already sold out.

Wait in line.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

I'm getting delivery estimates like in June if I sign today. No one has inventory. Anyone have the inside story here? It's like ordering a fucking Ferrari or something lol. They couldn't possibly of fucked up sales forecasts this badly.

I told you in your other thread. I hesitated between the sportwagen and the GTI, but the fact I had to wait months to get the GTI was the deciding factor,

not sure if 100% accurate, but a guy from my office said that Volkswagen lost a ton of cars in transportation when a Maersk ship lost most of its cargo. Apparently there won't be many eGolfs in the lots for a while. Not sure if that also applied to the GTI since both of those are manufactured in Wolfsburg, unlike the regular Golf and Sportwagen from Puebla.

edit: you can probably pick up a heavily discounted one in seaweed green.

not sure if 100% accurate, but a guy from my office said that Volkswagen lost a ton of cars in transportation when a Maersk ship lost most of its cargo. Apparently there won't be many eGolfs in the lots for a while. Not sure if that also applied to the GTI since both of those are manufactured in Wolfsburg, unlike the regular Golf and Sportwagen from Puebla.

Huh? They aren't shipped in containers it's RORO shipping. Maersk doesn't have conventional RORO vessels... It's possible a bunch of cars were damaged on a vessel but if he's going to lie atleast get things right

If a ship did go down it would have been on Marine News or atleast Jalopnik by now.

The supply issue might have to do with a line maintenance shut down

Also, gti aren't made in Wolfsburg anymore. Only the Egolf and golf R are style German made. The rest of the golf lineup if made in Mexico.

Huh? They aren't shipped in containers it's RORO shipping. Maersk doesn't have conventional RORO vessels... It's possible a bunch of cars were damaged on a vessel but if he's going to lie atleast get things right

If a ship did go down it would have been on Marine News or atleast Jalopnik by now.

The supply issue might have to do with a line maintenance shut down

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you're right, but now I'm actually gonna ask him about it lol.

Also, gti aren't made in Wolfsburg anymore. Only the Egolf and golf R are style German made. The rest of the golf lineup if made in Mexico.

that I didn't know.

Quand j'ai acheté mon sportwagen, le vendeur m'a dit qu'il y a eu une grosse tempete de grele au maxique qui a endomagée beaucoup de véhicules.

Anyone got a shitbox I can buy for a few months? It'll be like going from fucking a 2 to a 10, it'll resensitize me

Like I mentionned before, I have a mazda 3 with 6 months left on it...the paiement is 225$+tax and you can sell the winter tires at the end. The car is perfect but it has the warranty for excessive damage when you bring it back.

wait the gti is actually made in mexico now?! you guys srs?

i thought it was only: Atlas, passat and jetta that were made in mexico.

Back