Oil additives and stabilizers

darkestfenix

Can someone explain the point of using them? I always see bottles at autoparts stores but think of them as gimmicks with how synthetic oils are nowadays. Are they worth the money? Any "real" advantages?

Curious to hear from people.

I knew one member that used to swear by Bardahl B1-B2. I think it was just a placebo effect. His fake Sentra SE-R was a POS before and after he used it.

I think they're mostly garbage for gas vehicles. Diesels is a different story though

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I'm sure most work to some extent. How significant? Probably not much and I doubt you'd see a difference.

Our 360 00km 2006 Yaris used to drink about half a quart every 2000km but since I replace 1 quart of oil by 1 quart of bardhal when I do the oil change it now drinks about 3/4 quart of oil every 5000km.

That stuff is thick as fuuu.

I wouldn't put stuff like that in vehicules that don't drink oil but in high mileage older vehicule it seems to work.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

there'S few nice video on youtube, with benchmarks and extensive testing.

(EE , chrisfix, engine master, Project Farm, etc)

some work, some don't.

most engine dont need it, and manufacturer just dont waste money to add those in their engine oil.

A good alternative, that a lot of people adopt, is to put diesel engine oil in gas engine. (heat resistance)

Our 360 00km 2006 Yaris used to drink about half a quart every 2000km but since I replace 1 quart of oil by 1 quart of bardhal when I do the oil change it now drinks about 3/4 quart of oil every 5000km.

That stuff is thick as fuuu.

I wouldn't put stuff like that in vehicules that don't drink oil but in high mileage older vehicule it seems to work.

Juste rouler de la 5W40 ferait probablement la même chose.

Juste rouler de la 5W40 ferait probablement la même chose.
5w30 till 200 000km
10w30 from 200 to today

Started drinking oil at around 300 000km

Oil changed have been done every 5k for the first 5 or 6 years but after that it was every 8k or so. Now I'm doing it every 5k and check the level every 2k.

I don't stock 5w40 since all my equipment runs with 10w30. But next oil change I'm gonna try with 5w40 for the Yaris. I don't have anything to lose.

No idea. I have been changing oil in my cars since I've had my house in 1998 and when you buy a 5L sometimes you're left with about .5~1L of "good" oil which I will usually keep in a jar in the shed to be used for different purposes or to top off in case the engine takes a bit of oil.

I look at some of the oil I have there and some of it is like 5+ years old and still flows like new. No idea why anyone would need additives in oil even when storing a car unless they're using really shit oil like 1$/l Wal-Mart or CanTyre recycled crap that is already black before you put it in the engine.

Just use the "best" synthetic oil you can afford, in the correct grade for the engine as recommended by the manufacturer and be happy. My Sidekick has 205.000km and I change the oil once a year but I use synthetic oil and I haven't had to add any oil in there since the last time I changed it: May 2017.

Note that I still change the filter twice/year because the cardboard in there rots otherwise. They don't make more "permanent" non cardboard filters for a Suzuki Sidekick lol... at least not anymore.

Ye rendu ou bannon avec les tests d'additif qui a fait faire, fait un bout qu'on l'a pas vue

Lucas Oil Stabilizer FTW

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

perso , j'en met, je ne sais pas si ca fck de quoi ou ca aide, mais a date c'est no 1. Surtout avec des timing chain. mon maxima j'en ai toujours mis , je me suis rendu à 270 000km a toujours le claqué au cut off.

perso , j'en met, je ne sais pas si ca fck de quoi ou ca aide, mais a date c'est no 1. Surtout avec des timing chain. mon maxima j'en ai toujours mis , je me suis rendu à 270 000km a toujours le claqué au cut off.
Sa aide en titi cthistoire la, pour les chars high hp , poir les chars normal cest bon quand sont a high mileage, sa consomme moins d'huile et sa fill les gaps que sa dand le moteur du a l'utilisation

5w30 till 200 000km
10w30 from 200 to today

Started drinking oil at around 300 000km

Oil changed have been done every 5k for the first 5 or 6 years but after that it was every 8k or so. Now I'm doing it every 5k and check the level every 2k.

I don't stock 5w40 since all my equipment runs with 10w30. But next oil change I'm gonna try with 5w40 for the Yaris. I don't have anything to lose.

Rotella T6 FTW

Faible évaporation aussi Je roulais ça dans ma Civic de 550 000 km et il prenait 1L au 10 000 km

Rotella T6 FTW

Faible évaporation aussi Je roulais ça dans ma Civic de 550 000 km et il prenait 1L au 10 000 km
Yeeeeeee , cest pour sa jai acheter un 19L
3e490c3cbb13d988afd2c6286733b823.jpg

Back