Aware me on 135i's

Dubstep

Good evening MR,

I'm presently studying in the land of gopnicks, but I'll be back in Montreal in July and consider buying a 2011+ 135i in august or maybe later in the season. I've watched and read a ton of reviews, but I'd like to know what to look for when buying these cars. Also, I've always been a manual guy but there are so few of them available with MT, that have less than 100k km and I don't know if the AT is a deal breaker on these cars.

Aware me pls MR!

Just get it inspected, or if u have the tools do it yourself, check for oil in the intake, do a compression test, run a full scan that scans all the modules in the car, check for oil leaks on the engine, if you can, check for shaft play on the turbo , check the oil, etc, its all common sense stuff, if you have a good computer that can scan everything you'll be able to see if something is not right

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Really good car. No LSD however. For reliability reasons get one with an N55. Avoid the Auto N54s - the pre-DCT tranny in this car is pretty bad.

Owner for the past 7 years of a ‘11 135i, N55 with 7-speed DCT. Considering changing car soon. Car always maintained with top quality in mind (been doing my services with Gregster for the past 3 years).

90km.

Zero mechanical issues. Only have the TPMS module not connecting to perfectly working sensors for random reason (not gonna pay 700$ for that shit).
Clean interior. Few paint chips on front bumper/hood.

PM if interested.

I keep hearing about all those oil issues. Is there a way to avoid them with good maintenance ? Because I'd like to lightly mod the car and maybe go on track from time to time.

Back