Votre revenu brut 2017 ?

For what it's worth

32yo
86k (grinding the Bank ladder for 10 years from student job, 1 pay scale at the time)

400k house (40% paid)
1 car paid, 1 car rented
2 kids 1 wife that just started fresh in her field (30k income)

We are poor as fuck tbh. I don't see any other way to put it.

I've been looking into minimalism lately, and it's growing on me. I'd want to be debt free and work free before 45.. I was thinking 40 but I think I goofed on alot of stuff early on. Anyways, I just think that it's insane how this world/society has influenced us in such a way to prioritize money and materials. I've seen it with my parents, this is a hard world to grind, and if the outcome is being crippled by the time you retire, it's honestly not worth my time.

In the end, I want to be able to spend quality time with my family, take care of my kids, get to enjoy life with them and have time for them. And just enjoy myself and take care of my health.

No, i'm not a workaholic, if you are and it makes you happy, more power to you. But I think that if it's for the money and strictly for the money, you are setting yourself up for disapointment and a unfulfilled life.

Je pense pas qu'on recherche le même genre d'appart ;)

à 30 ans j'ai passé le stade des appart style colocs. J'aime le neuf.
Mais c'est correct aussi. Je t'avoue qu'on i as pensé pogné un appart vraiment pas cher... mais souvent ça va avec le reste.
Ouais à mon âge ça ne m'enchante pas non plus mais c'est un 2-3k/an facilement sauvé pendant les études

For what it's worth

32yo
86k (grinding the Bank ladder for 10 years from student job, 1 pay scale at the time)

400k house (40% paid)
1 car paid, 1 car rented
2 kids 1 wife that just started fresh in her field (30k income)

We are poor as fuck tbh. I don't see any other way to put it.

I've been looking into minimalism lately, and it's growing on me. I'd want to be debt free and work free before 45.. I was thinking 40 but I think I goofed on alot of stuff early on. Anyways, I just think that it's insane how this world/society has influenced us in such a way to prioritize money and materials. I've seen it with my parents, this is a hard world to grind, and if the outcome is being crippled by the time you retire, it's honestly not worth my time.

In the end, I want to be able to spend quality time with my family, take care of my kids, get to enjoy life with them and have time for them. And just enjoy myself and take care of my health.

No, i'm not a workaholic, if you are and it makes you happy, more power to you. But I think that if it's for the money and strictly for the money, you are setting yourself up for disapointment and a unfulfilled life.
How can you be poor as fuck with 116k family income!?! That's alot more than the average. Not to mention you're only 32 years old and your house is paid 40%....this is very good.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I don't have an extravagant lifestyle and I think anything less than 150k annual household income is poor as fuck when living in a metro area.

and to further nuance my message, that's especially true when you had kids which add up to a lot of expenses.

150k is more or less 100k net in your pocket, so let's say 8k in your pocket a month.

you've got a mortgage in a medium residential area, your paying at least 3.5-4k a month on mortgage + property taxes and insurance.

1k for 2 cars.

you're left with 3k for the rest, not including any kid expense and personal expenses including food, gaz, utility bills, whatever.

are you saving money?

Last edited:
Est-ce que j'ai écris que j'étais prof de Français?
Tu crois que je ne sais pas l'écrire correctement?
Tu ne quote pas MrDave qui écrit paye aussi?
C'était du semi trolling je trouvais que ça fittait, prend le pas mal

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

I don't have an extravagant lifestyle and I think anything less than 150k annual household income is poor as fuck when living in a metro area.

and to further nuance my message, that's especially true when you had kids which add up to a lot of expenses.

150k is more or less 100k net in your pocket, so let's say 8k in your pocket a month.

you've got a mortgage in a medium residential area, your paying at least 3.5-4k a month on mortgage + property taxes and insurance.

1k for 2 cars.

you're left with 3k for the rest, not including any kid expense and personal expenses including food, gaz, utility bills, whatever.

are you saving money?

Ca ne s appelle pas être "as poor as fuck" mais vivre au dessus de ses moyens, ce qui est bien diffèrent. Et avoir 3.5-4 k par mois d'hypothèque a rembourser, ca s appelle vivre BIEN au dessus de ses moyens. Il y a quand même moyen de se loger pour BEAUCOUP moins cher que ca. Pour bien vivre, il ne faudrait pas consacrer plus du tiers de ses revenus nets au remboursement hypothécaire.

La aussi, ca montre un défaut de culture financière de base dans ce pays. La base étant de vivre en fonction de ses moyens et pas en fonction de ce qu'on veut. Ce qu'on veut, restant accessible un jour, il suffit d économiser.

52K.

Le Mercredi d'habitude il me reste 5-10$ dans mon compte.

Pis ya 160$ de gaz qui traine dans mes chars.

Quand ta du gaz, tu veux quoi de plus?

Ca ne s appelle pas être "as poor as fuck" mais vivre au dessus de ses moyens, ce qui est bien diffèrent. Et avoir 3.5-4 k par mois d'hypothèque a rembourser, ca s appelle vivre BIEN au dessus de ses moyens. Il y a quand même moyen de se loger pour BEAUCOUP moins cher que ca. Pour bien vivre, il ne faudrait pas consacrer plus du tiers de ses revenus nets au remboursement hypothécaire.

La aussi, ca montre un défaut de culture financière de base dans ce pays. La base étant de vivre en fonction de ses moyens et pas en fonction de ce qu'on veut. Ce qu'on veut, restant accessible un jour, il suffit d économiser.

Dans ce pays dans ce pays lollll...Bitch please, dans ton pays les gens font sensiblement le même salaire et payent 4 fois le prix d’un logement à Montreal pour un 400pi2 à Paris et ils sont tout fiers...Va dire ca ailleurs stp

Dans ce pays dans ce pays lollll...Bitch please, dans ton pays les gens font sensiblement le même salaire et payent 4 fois le prix d’un logement à Montreal pour un 400pi2 à Paris et ils sont tout fiers...Va dire ca ailleurs stp
Hahaha dans son pays les jeunes foutent le camps parce qu'il n'y a pas de job et le coût de la vie est ridiculement élevé.

Bitch please indeed.

Sure, if either one of us loose his job, we're still going to be fine in our current situation.

Quant ta vie est comme ça, tout va bien.

Moi j'ai pas les chars les plus hot de l'année ni un Penthouse downton,
mais tout ce que j'ai est payé et y manque rien ici, Appart a Lasalle 800/mois, j'ai pas de marge de crédit, juste Visa de 2000$ pour achat en ligne ou réservation et je paye drette apres.

Job de réprésentant sur la route, véhicule pour le boulot fournie.

J'ai pris une année Sabathique de Juin 2016 et j'ai étiré ça jusqu'a fin Oct 2017 pcq s'tait l'fun , tout en vivant exactement comme on le fait toujours. Pi je pourrais en prendre 2 autres sans aucun prob d'argent.

J'suis tressss loin d'être riche mais je me plaind pas et je suis conscient que je suis quand même ''chanceux''.

Hahaha dans son pays les jeunes foutent le camps parce qu'il n'y a pas de job et le coût de la vie est ridiculement élevé.

Bitch please indeed.

Yup, j'ai une ami sur Paris. 300k euro pour un 4 et demi "ben normal", rien de spécial.

107k cette année mais je fait vivre une femme et 2 enfants, so no baller status.

same here 150k (avant achat d'action/pension) avec femme+trois enfants

avec chalet on est cash flow negatif chaque mois (feeling de marde ça) faque j'ai hate en maudit de passer au notaire pour la maison!

Back