voyage au japon

We're going to be focusing on metropolises such as Tokyo/Osaka/Chiba(?)/Nagoya(?) and do the usual car guys stuff; eat, drive, walk, visit shops (RWB looks like a shithole but Akira Nakai seems like a cool guy) and enjoy. We won't really rent a car unless it's for doing the Initial D type of thing

There's a bunch of stuff in Tokyo and surrounding area's.

Toyota MegaWeb and Toyota History Garage in Odaiba
UDX Parking garage in Akihabara
DaikokuFuto parking area (Yokohama, you need a car to get there)

Toyota Museum in Nagoya (is a must imo)
Nissan Heritage Collection in Kanagawa
Mazda Museum in Hiroshima
Nissan Global HQ in Yokohama
Nismo Omori Factory in Yokohama

Check out what's going on at Fuji International Speedway when you are in Japan.

I also did the Initial D thing on both my trips, you have to plan this out before you leave. Know the roads.
If you get a car, get an ETC card it's a must.
You can get a GT86 from Toyota Rent a car
You can get a Miata from Times Rent a car
You can get a lot of really nice jdm sports cars from Omoshiro rent a car www.omoren.com
You can get a guided Initial D tour in some sick ass cars with fun2drive www.fun2drive-japan.com

If you do an Initial D tour by yourself and head to Gunma don't forget D's Café, it's an Initial D themed coffee shop and speed shop
Ikaho Toy, Doll and Car Museum in Gunma has a nice little car collection and an Initial D display
Make a 2-3 day trip out of hit, hit up 3-5 initial D runs, plug in some old school Ryokan's and hot springs over night.
Akagi is really nice and quiet compared to Mt. Haruna (Akina)

UpGarage is freaking awesome, it's worth a visit even if you don't buy anything.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Have fun.

Back