Volkswagen/Audi graveyard

MrSpace

Legacy Member
So. Many. Cars.

37 "facilities", 300,000 cars!!!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...-cars-around-us-in-massive-parking-lots/98405
1ad3def8c5729cd406ec5b82d5bd2f2d.jpg
f7630a6195f46d298572f5ab098d5d5a.jpg
a4d2dfed66f14ff05ebe9843a7881e38.jpg
930b244a50baeaae469f6c15a5e1bd91.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A shame really , what a waste. The impact of what to do with these cars will be greater than the original emissions issue. USA No.1

Je ne comprend pas le classement. Pourquoi il y a plein de "trous" plutôt que 4 auto dans chaque rangées?

I'm sure the folks at EPA / CARB will be getting some of these pictures framed for their boardroom.

Qui a parlé de les scrapper?

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk
Il en un déjà scrap une parti, sa me surprendrait qu'il mette le temp de convertir le reste.

Maybe les ship dans un pays qui doesn't give a fuck, malgré que sa ferait mauvaise presse

Last edited:
Pas besoin d'une vue satellite ni d'aller au bout du monde pour voir ça.
Aéroport Mirabel...
Ils ont rempli 2 parkings.

Vieille photo - 1 seul parking rempli. Ils ont rempli le 2e à l'automne passé.

20171115_133014 (Large).jpg

le mien va aller les rejoindr ele 19 avril... sad sight... ces moteurs là pourraient tellement aller dans tellement de choses!

Tabarnak ça ferait des beaux chars pour les pauvres ca. Caliss qu'on es rendu fou de scrap des chars à 30 000 pour des normes environnementales. Quesquia d'environnement dans scrapper 100 000 chars. Maudit monde de fou.

Tabarnak ça ferait des beaux chars pour les pauvres ca. Caliss qu'on es rendu fou de scrap des chars à 30 000 pour des normes environnementales. Quesquia d'environnement dans scrapper 100 000 chars. Maudit monde de fou.
Yep but got to save the environment!

Hope they ship 'em to places where they can use the cars because a fair bit look brand new. The notion that they "polluted" too much is a farce when you consider all the dirty energy that was put into building them. Should have let them go to end of life.

Il faut faire un exemple de volks pour pas que les autres constructeurs soient tenté de tricher aussi!

Fuck man. All those panels and shit we can use. I need a new fender. Y u do this man. If the powertrain is illegal then pull out the powertrain and sell the body to scrapyards or something.

Fuck man. All those panels and shit we can use. I need a new fender. Y u do this man. If the powertrain is illegal then pull out the powertrain and sell the body to scrapyards or something.
That's likely exactly what will happen in a few years. Sold as scrap to the highest bidder. VW won't be putting these cars back on the road anywhere. Engines will be made inoperative, cars will be crushed/shredded on site under supervision from VW

Shipping them off to a country with lax standards is expensive and these cars are tainted. Selling them elsewhere would cause an even bigger scandal for VW.

That's likely exactly what will happen in a few years. Sold as scrap to the highest bidder. VW won't be putting these cars back on the road anywhere. Engines will be made inoperative, cars will be crushed/shredded on site under supervision from VW

Shipping them off to a country with lax standards is expensive and these cars are tainted. Selling them elsewhere would cause an even bigger scandal for VW.
Unless a 3rd party buys them and sells them somewhere else

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back