Has anyone successfully contested a speeding ticket?

It 100% answers your question.

If you want more precise answers, give more precise details about your situation. What you think?

I think I'll wait for someone else who has gone through the courts fighting a speeding ticket and listen to their advice. But once again thanks for your great response it was very helpful and insightful.

I contacted a lawyer, ChaosExpanding and he took care of it. Never had to go to court or do anything.

The goal is always not to lose your points. It costs $$ though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I contacted a lawyer, ChaosExpanding and he took care of it. Never had to go to court or do anything.

The goal is always not to lose your points. It costs $$ though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks! I have no issue paying its the points I can't afford to lose.

Contested and won a speeding ticket (over 200km/h). My lawyer Emile Benamor did a good job but costed over 2 grands. Well worth it. He managed to have the ticket void completely with the reasonable doubt.

I think I'll wait for someone else who has gone through the courts fighting a speeding ticket and listen to their advice. But once again thanks for your great response it was very helpful and insightful.

I have won.

I have lost.

What is your question?

I would say take a lawyer ...if you can't lose

but it's not as easy as saying i didn't do it

judge point of view

you :i didn't do it
police:trained for the job ,with calibrated equipment

short story you have to do you due diligence to insert a doubt in the judge mind .... so you need a nice story

or find a fault in the event

I have won.

I have lost.

What is your question?

Just curious what the circumstances where for you winning vs losing. Was it a fault the police made? Was it just a judge more sympathetic? Or just a good story... and any advice you’d have to win a speeding ticket. Thanks

I would say take a lawyer ...if you can't lose

but it's not as easy as saying i didn't do it

judge point of view

you :i didn't do it
police:trained for the job ,with calibrated equipment

short story you have to do you due diligence to insert a doubt in the judge mind .... so you need a nice story

or find a fault in the event

What about if you're not provided the evidence. What if you specifically ask for the calibration reports and they never provide them. I've heard internet arguments that if they don't provide them and you ask for them as proof against you in court and they didn't bring them then you automatically win (if the judge is not an A-hole) because you can't disprove a general statement "It was calibrated properly".

Ça depend, un de mes chum s'est fait prendre a 121 dans une zone de 70 (GEV un dimanche matin) et il a essayer de contesté avec un avocat. 5000$ plus tard il a perdu...

It's impossible to answer that question without any details.

Even with all the facts, it would still be difficult to predict the outcome.
It is possible to win such a case if you have enough grounds to raise a doubt in the mind of the juge. But if the police officer made his/hers job properly, it's difficult to fight.

Thanks! I have no issue paying its the points I can't afford to lose.

I respect all the members that have given their opinion, I however think this conversation is useless on discussing whether people have won/ lost/ level of sympathy of the judge.
You have said, that you CANNOT LOOSE points, tells me that you have to cut the bullshit , and contact a lawyer ASAP***, end of story.
*** = The reason I say ASAP, is because a lawyer will as a part of his strategy (one of a few) get the tuning records of the manufacturer , certified repair tech taking at least a month.

The moderator of this sections's name is : ChaosExpanding , he does a lot of traffic ticket work ( he is a lawyer that focuses on traffic tickets.) . Call him , or another outfit that does tickets like ticket911 etc.

ChaosExpanding's office number is 514.816.3233. Give him a call and see what you can fix. ...... His actual name is francois.

Back