Best spark plugs 2018

sNAKE1337

Hey guys, quick question!
I was having a discussion with some buddies about spark plugs, and i told them i use NGK, they proceeded saying its poverty spark plugs and that they use bosch instead, so that tickled my curiosity and i started doing some researches, i know the brand should not matter and its only the fact that its copper, plantinum, iridium etc that makes them what they are, now i looked online and found out companies like AutoLite,Motorcraft and Bosch and according to teh interwebz autolite and motorcraft are the 2 best ones, and right now i have spark plugs on 3 vehicules to change
A 540i
A EJ207 GC8
And a 07 Gsxr 750

So i'd want to stick with the same brand for all 3 if it is indeed the best like everyone says, i wanna have your guys opinion on that, currently only the gc8 is used for racing application so it has 1 step colder NGK spark plugs, the rest are stock cars but i'd somewhat would love to have the best spark plugs for them so they dont have fuel waste and have the best efficiency.

So the main questions are

- did anyone here use autolite or motorcraft if so did you see a difference?
- did anyone here ever change the brand of their spark plugs to a better brand and noticed a difference?

On a side note, when i switched from regular spark plugs on my gc to one step colder(BKR7EIX), i saw the knock completly dissapear, which was amazing, but like always, we're always trying to get something better than what we have hehe

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Not sure how Autolite would be better than a Bosch, Denso or NGK.

As for me, I would suggest Denso and nothing else.

Any major brand, I have used Denso, Bosch and NGK in different cars, all did a good job

Pour ma part depuis toujour je prend NGK Iridium et j'suis satistfait.

Last edited:
You have stupid friends, NGK is the single largest spark plug manufacture in the world.. Let me guess you friends use "Performance Spark Plugs"

BMW uses NGK and Bosch as OE suppliers

Subaru will either be NGK or Denso.

Motorcraft plugs are manufactured by Autolite and have been since the dawn of mankind. However I would not use them in a BMW... See above if you want trouble free operation. Autolite is a division of Fram Group

Install the least expensive plug designed for your application and replace as required, it's really that simple. And no- NGK is not a poverty plug... lol @ the expression....

New cars run such voltage and resistance that plugs last a really long time. I would run whatever oem spec and not worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NGK partout et tu change au intervalle mentionné.

Mes GSXR ont toujours eu des NGK et meme en les changeant ca fesait aucune différence.

Avec les modede fonctionnement des moteur d'aujourd'hui les bougies dure loongtemps en criss... on est pu en 1940 ou un bougie tombais défect apres 30-40K

You have stupid friends, NGK is the single largest spark plug manufacture in the world.. Let me guess you friends use "Performance Spark Plugs"

are you suggesting that they are the best spark plug because they are the largest manufacturer in the world?

are you suggesting that they are the best spark plug because they are the largest manufacturer in the world?

Probably among the best plugs because so many OEM use them in their cars. That makes them one of the biggest manufactures....

This is like asking what's the best engine oil. Everyone has their preference but nobody can tell which one is the best.

Back