Problem with noisy co-workers at new job

I work in a cubicle farm with +- 100 persons on the floor.

What you are requesting, fuggetaboutit.

Your only way out is to either get ear plugs or get another job.

Or you can labeled as the whiner(you probably are already), and see if you can get a closed office to accommodate your medical condition... But going that way will paint bulleye on your back. Or an even bigger one anyway.
144 desks, fully open office here. (No cubile)

Thank God google music when I need quiet time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

x2 for musician's earplugs.

I just wear headphones all day long. Only take them off when there's a phone call or someone's here to see me.

Otherwise the chattering from the reception desk just outside of mine would drive me nuts.

Same here.

Pis

Chu dans un bureau privé lol.

Meme problème que OP,

j'ai acheté les audio technica ATH-M50, ils n'ont pas d'active noise cacellation, mais y font la job.

Sinon , ils font avec du vrai noise cancelling, et ils sont super efficaces pour le prix. en bonus un son incroyable pour le prix

81oCqPfe5wL._SY355_.jpg

x2 for musician's earplugs.

I just wear headphones all day long. Only take them off when there's a phone call or someone's here to see me.

Otherwise the chattering from the reception desk just outside of mine would drive me nuts.

a chaque fois que je met des headphone je manque tout mes apelle :(
J'ai pas le choix d'avoir les oreilles libre parce que je passe la journée a répondre a tout le monde... Maudit j'aimerai sa pouvoir en avoir. Le peut de fois j'en met je suis en mode production x100.

Can't you work at home? like doing 3days home 2 days office?

Sinon j'ai des Sennheiser BT4.50 avec noise cancelling et c'est parfait.

Je manque aucun téléphone, pcq j'ai une notification sur mon pc quand sa sonne.

a chaque fois que je met des headphone je manque tout mes apelle :(
J'ai pas le choix d'avoir les oreilles libre parce que je passe la journée a répondre a tout le monde... Maudit j'aimerai sa pouvoir en avoir. Le peut de fois j'en met je suis en mode production x100.

Che pas nous autre ya un signal lumineux sur nos telephone....

From my years in open offices and studios I just bought the best god damned headphones I could and always bring them in the first day along with my fancy DAC. They're work tools otherwise I'd just smash the face off anyone that has an impromptue meeting next to me.
Over the years and depending on my studios I just told people to fuck off at 9 o'clock I got shit to do and that krueger coffee with your ' what did you do this weekend and who did you fuck ' smalltalk can go elsewhere.

If you have a medical condition HR is there for you to accommodate your special needs.

If HR tells you to fuck off then you know what to do.

Che pas nous autre ya un signal lumineux sur nos telephone....
Moi aussi sauf que mom bureau est en L pis mes 2 ecran sont devant moo donc mon telephone est sur le coter un peu en arriere de ma vue. Il nous faudrait une ligne voip avec signal a l'ecran...

Anyway mercredi j'ai une rencontre avec le fournisseur de telephone, on change le système. Je sais qu'on va avoir un courriel losqu'on as un message mais je vais regardé ce qui est possible de faire avec le système qu'on va avoir.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Lol..
Stfu and wear noise cancelling headphone like everybody else. The f are you doing without it if you got medical condition with noises?

Do you have a doctor's note or is your diagnosis straight of WebMD?

If it's an actual condition with the paperwork to back it up, then take it up with HR. The employer MAY have a duty to accommodate. I guess it depends on the provincial legislation and your actual job description.

If not then go see a doctor and or a therapist. Sounds like you need help to cope with everyday life.

Consider looking for a different job.

Moi aussi sauf que mom bureau est en L pis mes 2 ecran sont devant moo donc mon telephone est sur le coter un peu en arriere de ma vue. Il nous faudrait une ligne voip avec signal a l'ecran...

Anyway mercredi j'ai une rencontre avec le fournisseur de telephone, on change le système. Je sais qu'on va avoir un courriel losqu'on as un message mais je vais regardé ce qui est possible de faire avec le système qu'on va avoir.

Ca prend pas de ligne voip pour avoir lapplication sur ton ordi. Tout systemes (sauf ceux desuets comme les nortel cheap) le font.

@OP , you could start retaliation with a program on your android phone , such as Frequency Sound Generator.

I dont see why the management would refuse some accommodation with due medical paperwork , after all they bend for religious one.

I know a person with your handicap ...he almost went crazy , the sounds were drilling his brain ...tough on the humor.

Good luck.

Ca prend pas de ligne voip pour avoir lapplication sur ton ordi. Tout systemes (sauf ceux desuets comme les nortel cheap) le font.
I guess que ces possible avec beaucoup de system. Notre system a plus de 15 ans... Ces pour sa quon change on as meme pas le transfer des appel direct sur le cell des rep. Il est temps qu'on arrive en 2018.

Gif with the guy slapping his coworker across the face cracked me up. I wish I could do that to the offenders.

Some decent suggestions about the type of hearing protection to use. Yes I heard about Etymotic products and have used them before. My condition may not be very well known but it's a disability nonetheless. It's like everyday sounds' volume is cranked up. And yes diagnosed & treated by an ENT doctor and audiologists. Maybe some of you heard of tinnitus (ringing/noise in the ear)?. It's another type DST (decreased sound tolerance).. yes it can be treated but it can also be chronic.

Re: going to HR, I thought about it but there's nowhere for me to use an empty office - the workplace is a small open plan cube farm. The manager doesn't seem to mind the whistling and appears to enjoy the fun, casual atmosphere. If the bosses controlled the noise better then people would be more productive. But I guess management doesn't want to tell the whistlers to stfu. I already heard a young woman seated near me pleading with our supervisor for him to shut up with that whistling (less than 4 metres away) but he just laughs at her suffering and continues.

Back