Changing Coilover Kits

I used lowering coils in the past and would never go that route again.
1. you can't control ride height you're stuck with what you got.
2. If you find the ride uncomfortable then you really don't have much in terms of adjustment. Yes you can adjust the dampening force but if you find the springs to stiff then again you're screwed
Try contacting scale suspension. They might have something. You can get the swift spring upgrade, if you want.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Try contacting scale suspension. They might have something. You can get the swift spring upgrade, if you want.

thanks i'll look them up and see what they have.

Now in comparing 2 coilover setups I have the following info

Setup A
Spring ID (F) 70mm
Spring ID (R) TBA
Spring Length (F) 200mm
Spring Length (R) 225mm
Spring Rate (F) 336lbs/in (6kgf/mm)
Spring Rate (R) 280lbs/in (5kgf/mm)

System B
Spring Length (F) 200mm
Spring Length (R) 200mm
Spring Rate (F) (8kgf/mm)
Spring Rate (R) (6kgf/mm)

Am I safe to assume that Setup B has stiffer spring rates thus reducing wheel travel? And by increasing the damping force reduce the force exerted on the car and therefore I would feel less impact if l hit a pothole as an example? Or is it by decreasing the damping force that I will feel it less

Just checked they do have a setup for my car but from what I understand scale was formerly std suspension. I know they had somewhat of a bad reputation but I don't know them now. Masaker how did you hear about them? Anybody you know use them?

My advice.. A good set of dampers with quality springs is always a better setup vs garbage or so-so coilovers.. Why? Because when you adjust a Koni it works... When you adjust those other brands who knows what it's doing. Koni Yellows adjust in rebound only, along with most coil over over dampers. For rebound and bound damping you need double adjustable, which IMO on a street setup is pointless.

Ride quality also has a lot to do with tire profile...

Where is Kaimera when you need him? Likely under the S2000 adjusting his Penske shocks...

My advice.. A good set of dampers with quality springs is always a better setup vs garbage or so-so coilovers.. Why? Because when you adjust a Koni it works... When you adjust those other brands who knows what it's doing. Koni Yellows adjust in rebound only, along with most coil over over dampers. For rebound and bound damping you need double adjustable, which IMO on a street setup is pointless.

Ride quality also has a lot to do with tire profile...

Where is Kaimera when you need him? Likely under the S2000 adjusting his Penske shocks...

Ok but that also means that I would depend on the springs for the ride height instead of the damper. At that point id be better off with the Teins if I were to do that and cost would be the same. I was actually looking to upgrade but in your opinion there's not much of an upgrade available if I go with ISC's or even the scales

Ok but that also means that I would depend on the springs for the ride height instead of the damper. At that point id be better off with the Teins if I were to do that and cost would be the same. I was actually looking to upgrade but in your opinion there's not much of an upgrade available if I go with ISC's or even the scales

Btw you mentioned ride quality depends on tire profile but Im stock wheels 215/45/17

Do you drive in the winter or in between seasons? If soo, stay away from inexpensive coilovers.

Also, can it really cost THAT much to repare a Tein shock? I'm sure some company do this locally.

Just checked they do have a setup for my car but from what I understand scale was formerly std suspension. I know they had somewhat of a bad reputation but I don't know them now. Masaker how did you hear about them? Anybody you know use them?
My old boss bought some for his mustang gt and tracked at Tremblant. He did the swift spring upgrade. He was really happy with how the car handled.

Do you drive in the winter or in between seasons? If soo, stay away from inexpensive coilovers.

Also, can it really cost THAT much to repare a Tein shock? I'm sure some company do this locally.

180$ each shock plus 2-3 days without a car, plus if they cant get the parts they cant fix it period. Otherwise i have to send it the states. If i do one i might as well do all 4 since they are quite old so 180*4=720+tx. I can a whole new set just under 800$. I was thinking since im spending 800$ if I could put some more and improve then why not but it seems that either I go with what i already have or spending that little extra wont give me anything. If anything from what everyone is explaining id be getting an inferior product even though they would give me more flexibility.

Now from what ive been reading the new Chinese teins are the same quality as the Japan made ones but that remains to be seen. And I get them rebuilt locally there's no guarantee that they would be better than the Chinese teins. It's almost like I have to buy a set and hope for the best. I mean even if I were to spend 1500$ Im not confident that anything I would get would be a better product. The only way I can maybe get more is if I can find some super streets but they're no longer listed on Teins site. What im also considering is staying with the street basis but trying to find new upper pillowball mounts since im removing the shocks anyways and it might improve the ride quality somewhat but that also seems to be difficult.

I know many of you don't know me but I really take care of my car and I appreciate all your help. This car was a show car and I have had it for over 10 years now (bought it used). You will not see another Sentra like it and I am willing to spend but only if it's worth it. I don't like cheaping out on parts but if I have to spend 2000$ to really notice a difference between what I have now and what I could have then I don't think I would go that high for something that doesnt really give me all that much. I really though that at 1200-1300 I could find something better but if anything it just seems the opposite.

Here is what his car looks like. Obviously not slammed.
8ecad1e9f1292f0adc8082572c7ff799.jpg

I think my car is just slightly lower than his but how long has he had his setup? The current suspension setup I have is 10yrs+ and I drive it in winters occasionally

I have nothing really to add, but I want pictures of you car.

If it was me, I'd still go for BC.

When I followed the b15 community more, everybody swore by the BCs on b15u and everybody loved them

I had Asian coilovers (not sure where they came from) when I had my specV. They were d2 racing. They were not comfortable, but they did a good job overall. Tracked them a lot and I was always satisfied with them.

If your expectations are realistic, I don't think you will be disappointed. They won't ride like 2000$ KWs, that's for sure...

I have nothing really to add, but I want pictures of you car.

If it was me, I'd still go for BC.

When I followed the b15 community more, everybody swore by the BCs on b15u and everybody loved them

I had Asian coilovers (not sure where they came from) when I had my specV. They were d2 racing. They were not comfortable, but they did a good job overall. Tracked them a lot and I was always satisfied with them.

If your expectations are realistic, I don't think you will be disappointed. They won't ride like 2000$ KWs, that's for sure...

You probably know the car already. It hasn't change much. D3stro knows the car especially (we've met) if you were part of NPclub back then with Claude (Master Vpec). I used to own a beige GXE before with tanabe springs rockford fosgate sound system and then I bought this car from a member. I'll give you a hint it's Volcanic Orange.

As for the suspension the price of the Teins just dropped so I might go for those. I'll post pics when they're installed and when the car has my summers on them.

Hi everyone, so just to keep you all updated I went with the Teins. Changed everything my self and other than one seized bolt one of the top plates i was able to change everything over easily. The hardest part was transferring the Top Plates since Tein recommends the OEM ones but mine were so old that i just ordered new ones from the dealer. Also check my brakes at the same time and found 2 seized slider pins. Fixed that as well and glad I didnt need the torch for that. So thank you all for the help and I'll upload pics soon. Unfortunately I now have another issue.

Last edited:
Back