STM Bus Driver vs Cycliste / Rant

sure of course? and my point still stands? you slow down and stay alert for your own safety?

I was just saying this to make the exact same value of argument that you made.

On a bike path you should ride at maximum 20 or 25kph (on the CSR, it's the speed limit if I remember) So I do what at every 30 cars that are parked I slow down or I can keep my speed ? If so, hitting a open door at this speed is still very dangerous.

Yes I 100% agree with you, every cyclist should be 400% more alert. But with the exact same value of argument : when you park, stay alert for the cyclist and look in your mirror before opening your door. the logic goes in both ways.

I was just saying this to make the exact same value of argument that you made.

On a bike path you should ride at maximum 20 or 25kph (on the CSR, it's the speed limit if I remember) So I do what at every 30 cars that are parked I slow down or I can keep my speed ? If so, hitting a open door at this speed is still very dangerous.

Yes I 100% agree with you, every cyclist should be 400% more alert. With the exact same value of argument : stay alert for the cyclist and look in your mirror before opening your door. It goes in both ways.

and i was responding to the village idiot saying cyclists have no choice but to stay far away from parked cars?
and yea? i do it all the time? i always try look inside the parked cars when i ride next to them? never had problems, i ride in decent speed and am still able to stay alert on parked cars next to me meters before. what's so difficult about it unless you are in a race against your own shadow?

and did anyone say not to check behind before opening doors? why keep saying it cpt obvious?
OF COURSE everyone should check behind before opening doors. But would you honestly rely on them for your own safety? so what do you do? exactly, you stay alert and better slow down if you wanna react
so what exactly are you arguing against?

and i was responding to the village idiot saying cyclists have no choice but to stay far away from parked cars?
and yea? i do it all the time? i always try look inside the parked cars when i ride next to them? never had problems, i ride in decent speed and am still able to stay alert on parked cars next to me meters before. what's so difficult about it unless you are in a race against your own shadow?

and did anyone say not to check behind before opening doors? why keep saying it cpt obvious?
OF COURSE everyone should check behind before opening doors. But would you honestly rely on them for your own safety? so what do you do? exactly, you stay alert and better slow down if you wanna react
so what exactly are you arguing against?

I'm not argueing against anything and I'm not aiming at your particularly. I was simply pointing that the kind of argument you made goes both ways.

Yes a cyclist have to say alert and slow down. But in the same time, Yes someone parked have to stay alert and look before opening his door to be sure there is no cyclist.

Of course it's fucking obvious that all cyclist should be alert. Some of them don't, just like some car drivers don't either. So it's also fucking obvious that car drivers should also look.

I'm not argueing about anything and I'm not aiming at your particularly. I was simply giving you the exact same argument but in the view of the cyclist. The solution to the problem goes both ways.

Yes a cyclist have to say alert and slow down. But in the same time, Yes someone parked have to stay alert and look before opening his door to be sure there is no cyclist.

Of course it's fucking obvious that all cyclist should be alert. some of then don't just like some car drivers don't either. So it's also fucking obvious that car drivers should also look.

ok but, no one really said the opposite
and like i said, it was a simple response to another guy. no need to cling on to it and argue it.

@Venom55, le gars en bike dans le video, j'le "praise" pas, parce qu'il a l'air de faire exprès. Si y'a une piste cyclable sur une rue parallèle et très proche dans une ville comme montréal, le gars est stupide de ne pas y aller. Oui c'est vrai que selon le CSR il a le droit de rouler dans la rue comme il le fait, mais je le trouve un peu stupide de ne pas essayer de rester à l'extrême droite ou d'utiliser une piste cyclable (tsé le gros bon sens, c'est utile). D'un autre côté, le chauffeur de la STM aurait pu faire attention en le dépassant, juste pour être certain de ne pas avoir une mort sur la conscience. Mais à te voir poster, t'as l'air de t'en calisser si tu tue quelqu'un dans ce genre de situation.

les "spandex" comme vous les redneck égocentriques, vous les appelez, ils ne roulent presque jamais à montréal. Ils sont dans les rangs de campagnes et en général ils suivent les règles. T'as toujours des cabochons des 2 côtés, y'en a pas un pire que l'autre. le GBS c'est de moins en moins utiliser on dirait.

look before opening your door ?

Personne a l'intentio de tuer quelqu'un quand y se leve le matin. J'ai aucun probleme que vous les spandex rouliez sur la route ou il y a un accotement et que vous faite pas chier le peuple en voiture a les ralentir.... Le probleme viens quand vous pensez que roule en plein milieu moin vite que le traffic change rien et que c'Est ben correcte , because velo.

Si je vais marcher sur la 40 et jessaie de traverser en marchant et jme fais frapper on va dire quoi , que jetais un cave de faire ca, mais roule 50% de la limite sur une route c'est acceptable ca parcontre? Pas arreter pour decliper tes belle pedale a clip car cest trop long , cest bien aussi jimagine. Prendre pour acquis que les vehicules vont te laisser passer au stop et pas repartir c'est normal pour toi je pense non?

Avant de dire que je men criss que quelqun ce blesse, prenez donc en consideration votre propre securité au lieu de de prendre tout pour acquis, comme le ''spandex'' qui a penser que je repartirais pas au stop et qui a ramasser mon aile en avant en s'arretant pas .......y ses fais mal et serieux je me suis meme pas senti mal!, faux jme sentais un peu mal de voir comment il pouvait etre stupide....

J'ai pour mon dire, regarde moi au stop et slack le moulinage , si tu continu comme un coureur du tour de france , désolé tu va te faire peur. Traite moi de con , dont give a shit. Mais toi traverse tu la rue a pied en te disant, le gars va me laisser passer voyons cest sur.....non, tattend un regard un signe , quelques choses. Et quand je dit vous , cest les velos et pas toi particulierement , ta plustot l'air logique et courtois.

Tout ce qui est ecris ci-haut est pour les ''spandex'' et velo de route. Anyway ya pas une famille assez illogique avec ses kid pour aller rouler a Mtl dans la rue, mais en banlieu il me fais un GRAND plaisir de les laisser passer sans regard et autre car il roule pas en debile et on une logique.... et surtout ne prenne pas tout pour acquis et qui leur est du

Last edited:
Cyclists AND pedestrians? Most are morons!

Since they've been confirmed of having this magical and overwhelming right-of-way, they've become retarded. Pedestrians will cross the street without even looking to see if there's a car/truck/cyclist barreling towards them. "Hey mon crisse, si tu me passé-la-dessus avec ton char, tu va avoir une ticket."
Oui, mais toi le cave, tu va etre mort ou blessé.

I had one mofo pedestrian cross the street on a red light and give me attitude because he came close to getting hit by me. Like, wtf man? When did brains and common sense get tossed out the door?

Cyclists? Don't even get me started. Come to my intersection of St Laurent/Bernard if you want a lesson in stupid. It seems to be a magnet for intellectually-stunted pedestrians and cyclists.

The idea is, it aint the bike or cyclist the problem. They are too slow one the road, and people get mad, simple as that. I could be going 50 and their is a bike in front going 25km/h......wheres the logic. You point make sense also and would be great. I like the idea, stupid enough to ride with truck bus and car, then if you have an accident or die, to bad for you

Meh. I can cycle faster to atwater market from my house faster than I can drive. Yesterday I was out and on the path along the water in Lasalle on a meh commuter bike, since I have no stops the avg speed is about the same as a car. Lot's of cyclists put themselves into bad situations and play games with trucks/buses. If there is a path I will use it simple as that. I see lots of cyclists going down park ave, I guess they have a death wish.. I actually knew someone that was doored then killed on Park ave because she didn't want to use the lane on clark or cycle down a quite street. Sadly now the Canal path from Lachine to Monk is closed until who knows when, that's a major cycle route from the west, all those bikes will be on St Patrick now

I think most people complaining about cyclists should spend some time cycling... It will make you more alert while driving. There is lots of give and take for both.

Pffft. Cycling itself isn't the problem. It's the "I have the right of way and you'll get in trouble if you don't accommodate my stupidity" that I have an issue with. Many pedestrians don't even bother checking both directions before crossing the streets. "Fuck you, Mack, j'ai le droit du chemin".

Oué oué, mais quand tu serait dans une chaise roulante paralisé a vie, le fait que mes assurance d'auto ont monté pour trois ans te donnerait pas trop de confort.

Meh. I can cycle faster to atwater market from my house faster than I can drive. Yesterday I was out and on the path along the water in Lasalle on a meh commuter bike, since I have no stops the avg speed is about the same as a car. Lot's of cyclists put themselves into bad situations and play games with trucks/buses. If there is a path I will use it simple as that. I see lots of cyclists going down park ave, I guess they have a death wish.. I actually knew someone that was doored then killed on Park ave because she didn't want to use the lane on clark or cycle down a quite street. Sadly now the Canal path from Lachine to Monk is closed until who knows when, that's a major cycle route from the west, all those bikes will be on St Patrick now

I think most people complaining about cyclists should spend some time cycling... It will make you more alert while driving. There is lots of give and take for both.

Your one of those who cycle and use his head, not all of them are like you, sure some route will be faster with your bike, but if you use the same road as a car, normally it would take the same time since your supposed to stop and the same intersection and all. If you use cyclepath , then you in for a faster route.

Dont know if your comment was toward me, but i cycle, I got a ''spandex bike'' just not the suit, and honestly when im riding im feeling bad since i know people judge my on my bike, even tough I dont behave like those. But you pay the price for the rest of them , i'll always say the give has to be on the bike side more , your more vulnerable and arent where your supposed to be at first.

PFA ;)DSC00054.jpg

Nah I wasn't upset with you. Just was pointing out to some in this thread that there are two views. I dislike the entitled cyclist and entitled motorists. Sadly ive been hit a few times by entitled motorists..

J'ai pas toute lu mais juste a le voir dans le milieu de la rue et lire dans son video ''mind my own fucking business'' et le mot ''dude'' je classe se gars la dans la catégorie hippie pas d'argent pour s'acheter un char alors ''je fais chier les automobiliste''

Your one of those who cycle and use his head, not all of them are like you, sure some route will be faster with your bike, but if you use the same road as a car, normally it would take the same time since your supposed to stop and the same intersection and all. If you use cyclepath , then you in for a faster route.

Dont know if your comment was toward me, but i cycle, I got a ''spandex bike'' just not the suit, and honestly when im riding im feeling bad since i know people judge my on my bike, even tough I dont behave like those. But you pay the price for the rest of them , i'll always say the give has to be on the bike side more , your more vulnerable and arent where your supposed to be at first.

PFA ;)View attachment 32932

There was a time that I used to be a cyclist, like 150 km a week, really am not trying to impress or flash, just a human being thinking in shape (if Im wrong srs tell me im SUPER looking and maxin others pple. My achievenments dont mean nothing.

Je travail au coin de St-Cath / MCgill Collège. Pis le CSR prend l'bord souvent pour les piétons, les cyclistes et les automobilistes.

Lumière rouge, les cyclistes passent dessus comme si il n'y avait rien la.
La p'tite main dit aux piétons arrêtes de traverser a va tombé rouge la lumière. Who cares, ça traverse quand même.
Les automobilistes sont en crisse après les piétons et les cyclistes quand tous le monde passe sur la rouge, so guest what. beaucoup d'automobilistes passent sur la rouge..

Le monde en général au aucun savoir vivre. le CSR ? souvent remplacer par le Me,myself and i.

l'entrevue resume exactement le probleme des cycliste.

"le fait que j'ai conduit mon velo de facon insecuritaire et illegale a rien a voir avec le fait que je suis une victime. Faite de moi un martyr."

l'entrevue resume exactement le probleme des cycliste.

"le fait que j'ai conduit mon velo de facon insecuritaire et illegale a rien a voir avec le fait que je suis une victime. Faite de moi un martyr."
Tellement. Un vrai concombre.

Homer Simpson à déjà dit " c'est de la faute à tout le monde sauf la mienne "

Juste a l'écouter jai envie d'y sacrer une claque de pedale a clip en arriere dla tête!!! Y ta tu l'air d'un nonchalant, dans sa petite tête lui, ya aucun tord, c'est la planete le probleme!

Last edited:
Back