Québec des années 60

Minus the shit roads and construction, it's an amazing city.
Les gars de la ville étaient justement dans ma cave hier pour mettre un by pass d'eau pour des travaux qu'ils vont éventuellement commencer lol. J'ai hâte de voir ma rue éventrée pendant deux mois et les automobilistes freaker.

Le petit goût de plomb va me manquer.

Montreal is still awesome.
I have to agree. I've been to a enough places and Montreal is a great city. It just has above average big city issues

1967 is regarded as the last good year.. my father's family immigrated from Belgium after they visited for Expo (my grandmother always regretted it)

However the social change in Quebec after Duplessis died happend rather quick. He was pretty much a dictator with no real future vision. Sadly because of that Toronto had started to surpass Montreal by the early 60s. The turmoil of the late 60s and the entire 1970s was the nail in the coffin. The stagnant 1980s/ 90s economy , the city riddled with debt thanks to Drapeau didn't do anything to help us. However late 80s and 1990s Montreal was awesome. The city has changed massively in the last 20 years. Walking on St Laurent when I was a kid was great, we knew all the shop owners on a first name basis. Before the plateau turned into an expat paradise

Trop de diversités détruisent l'harmonie . C'est comme une famille disfonctionelle ...tout le monde paie le gros prix sans jamais obtenir
la paix/plaisir de vivre.

'Expo 67 était le monde en perfection , chaque pays avait son pavillon présentant sa vision du monde sans tenter de l'imposer aux autres.

A force de trop vouloir plaire a tout le monde ... on s'auto-écoeure , devient insatisfait et la chaos s'installe...aka les routes/auto-vélo/ etc.

Yé peut etre pas trop tard mais ca prendrait un vrai grand chef pour remettre les pendules a l'heure ....ou se cache-t-il/elle ?

Je pense pas que ce soit VP

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/im...-151a-4147-a195-42301d1f0aac-giphy.gif?fm=mp4

I have to agree. I've been to a enough places and Montreal is a great city. It just has above average big city issues

1967 is regarded as the last good year.. my father's family immigrated from Belgium after they visited for Expo (my grandmother always regretted it)

However the social change in Quebec after Duplessis died happend rather quick. He was pretty much a dictator with no real future vision. Sadly because of that Toronto had started to surpass Montreal by the early 60s. The turmoil of the late 60s and the entire 1970s was the nail in the coffin. The stagnant 1980s/ 90s economy , the city riddled with debt thanks to Drapeau didn't do anything to help us. However late 80s and 1990s Montreal was awesome. The city has changed massively in the last 20 years. Walking on St Laurent when I was a kid was great, we knew all the shop owners on a first name basis. Before the plateau turned into an expat paradise

71755290.jpg

They had lived through the war and were super paranoid about another one breaking out in Europe and Military conscription was compulsory . They lived in Leige. Lots of their friends had already left for Canada, when my grandparents came to visit in the summer of 67 they fell in love with the city, good job opportunities and no military service for my dad/his brother. Sadly by the time Canada processed their paper work years later Montreal wasn't the city they remembered but they came anyways. My grandmother to this day is bitter about it but still gets her Belgium pension and was paid out a lump when my grandmother died.

The real bummer is Belgium is the only EU country that doesn't allow citizenship through descent.. So while my dad has an EU passport, I can't get one.

Yea I grew up on the Plateau (Not the West Island as many on MR think). Lived there from infancy to 2005 just before the Parisians invaded.

They had lived through the war and were super paranoid about another one breaking out in Europe and Military conscription was compulsory . They lived in Leige. Lots of their friends had already left for Canada, when my grandparents came to visit in the summer of 67 they fell in love with the city, good job opportunities and no military service for my dad/his brother. Sadly by the time Canada processed their paper work years later Montreal wasn't the city they remembered but they came anyways. My grandmother to this day is bitter about it but still gets her Belgium pension and was paid out a lump when my grandmother died.

The real bummer is Belgium is the only EU country that doesn't allow citizenship through descent.. So while my dad has an EU passport, I can't get one.

Yea I grew up on the Plateau (Not the West Island as many on MR think). Lived there from infancy to 2005 just before the Parisians invaded.

ta famille est d'origine flamande ou wallonne?

Quoi tu veux dire?

explique.
-Lois linguistiques et menaces de séparation qui ont mené à l'exode des sièges sociaux vers Toronto et au départ des grosses compagnies
-Revenu Québec
-Création de la mentalité de l'état providence où le gouvernemaman va gérer tous les besoins des citoyens.
-Plus haut taux de taxation en Amérique du Nord qui sert à payer pour la bureaucratie gouvernementale.

Back