The Centris find thread

^^ loool not many people can re-mortgage 500k on their house and have 25-30years wait....most people that can go get that kind of money are already in their 50's

^^ loool not many people can re-mortgage 500k on their house and have 25-30years wait....most people that can go get that kind of money are already in their 50's
Tu suis pas le thread , y'a le chum à l'autre qui a 35 ans et ça maison de 500k clearé.

On as fait une offre la dessu
(C'est pas parfait, moi je cherche plus une maison, mais ça cochais presque toutes nos boites / j'aime mieux avoir une hypothéque qu'appart / je veux profiter des taux super bas / etc etc etc)
On essait de rester à un budget max de 350 ish.
https://www.centris.ca/en/houses~for-sale~montreal-lachine/13929876?view=Summary&uc=3

On as offert 355, on pensais que c'était pas mal solide. Y'avais une autre offre quand on as déposé la notre.
6 offres dernière minute (dans la dernière heure avant que les offres soient présentées au proprios)
Semblerait que l'offre accepté c'est 380 en cash, pas d'inspection pas de restrictions, pas de demandes, etc.
Calisse.

On as fait une offre la dessu
(C'est pas parfait, moi je cherche plus une maison, mais ça cochais presque toutes nos boites / j'aime mieux avoir une hypothéque qu'appart / je veux profiter des taux super bas / etc etc etc)
On essait de rester à un budget max de 350 ish.
https://www.centris.ca/en/houses~for-sale~montreal-lachine/13929876?view=Summary&uc=3

On as offert 355, on pensais que c'était pas mal solide. Y'avais une autre offre quand on as déposé la notre.
6 offres dernière minute (dans la dernière heure avant que les offres soient présentées au proprios)
Semblerait que l'offre accepté c'est 380 en cash, pas d'inspection pas de restrictions, pas de demandes, etc.
Calisse.
There was one for sale there as well back in summer. Sold for 410k asking was 375k. Sadly the avg price in Lachine is now 615k... Almost 30% higher than last year

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm guilty of that statistic, bought in Lachine this summer, had to go 100K over in a big large fight with multi-offer. Sorry!

But anyway, that townhouse was too low on purpose, a classic "we will open all submissions friday 3pm". If it was not that close to the 13 exist (with 24hour jake braking and other compression release engine brake), it would have gone at 400K$+, especially a corner unit.

Your broker should have given you indications in the last hour that many offers had arrived late. If so, you could have upped your asking price, which would have been noted to the vendor when receiving your offer. You could have written a letter of interest, too.

It all depends on for how long it has been listed. If it got just listed and already had one offer, 15k over clearly wasn't enough. It seems quite nice.

380k was more like it, but what really kills it is the lack of inspection/financing. 380k without conditions is worth more than 400k IMO. Add flexible date for the transaction and it is a dream for the seller...

I'm guilty of that statistic, bought in Lachine this summer, had to go 100K over in a big large fight with multi-offer. Sorry!

But anyway, that townhouse was too low on purpose, a classic "we will open all submissions friday 3pm". If it was not that close to the 13 exist (with 24hour jake braking and other compression release engine brake), it would have gone at 400K$+, especially a corner unit.

Your broker should have given you indications in the last hour that many offers had arrived late. If so, you could have upped your asking price, which would have been noted to the vendor when receiving your offer. You could have written a letter of interest, too.
Where did you buy? I'm on 21e paid 527k

damn $100k over that's nuts

Where did you buy? I'm on 21e paid 527k

Sur le bord de l'eau, proche de la mairie de l'arrondissement.

Anyway c'est pour ça qu'un agent aurait du dire jusqu'à la dernière minute le nombre d'offres reçus afin de bonifier l'offre (ça parait aussi très bien au vendeur lors de l'ouverture des offres).

Mais fuck that enlever l'inspection. Faut que les vendeurs arrêtent d'accepter ça, rendu là affiche sans garantie légale pis fait pas chier les acheteurs.

damn $100k over that's nuts

meme chose ou on a acheté, on a payé 50k over ask, pis entre l'acceptation de notre offre et le closing, on a recu une offre d'achat de notre offre d'achat de 25k+... pas loin du 100k.

sur un prix de base de 485

en mars 2019... maintenant c'est juste plus fou

We wrote a letter and so did our agent to introduce us. J'ai 1000% confiance en mon agente.
She did tell us, we were ok with our offer and felt anything over was just too much for that condo/house (AKA We were ok with not getting it / not over bidding).
(And the fact that even if we could afford 380, we haven't budgeted for 380.)
Fact is that we aren't in a hurry really, even if I am a bit mentally (I'm sick and tired of renting. I want my house.)
We want to stick close to our budget. We're ok with waiting to find the right house.

It all depends on for how long it has been listed. If it got just listed and already had one offer, 15k over clearly wasn't enough. It seems quite nice.

380k was more like it, but what really kills it is the lack of inspection/financing. 380k without conditions is worth more than 400k IMO. Add flexible date for the transaction and it is a dream for the seller...

New listing that week.
All visits Saturday Morning / Sunday morning.
Offers presented tuesday night.

380 cash / no conditions / no inspection / transaction whenever the seller felt like it.
Just dumb.

Also, we went 355 because of comparables sold around there. Last sold were all around 280 - 300 - 320 ish.

Ok donc tu fais les bonnes actions! Ça nous a pris presque 10 offres avant de trouver, mais on a toujours respecter notre budget max. Lachine c'est encore under-rated sur l'île pour le prix, surtout vers le centre-ville avec Turcot de terminé.

Si tu n'est pas pressé, vérifie toujours ton taux possible préapprouvé a chaque 1-2 mois : 350K @2.25% c'est presque égal à 375K @2%

Ok donc tu fais les bonnes actions! Ça nous a pris presque 10 offres avant de trouver, mais on a toujours respecter notre budget max. Lachine c'est encore under-rated sur l'île pour le prix, surtout vers le centre-ville avec Turcot de terminé.

Si tu n'est pas pressé, vérifie toujours ton taux possible préapprouvé a chaque 1-2 mois : 350K @2.25% c'est presque égal à 375K @2%

votre budget max ou celui que la banque est pret a t'approuvé.

celui e la banque est juste ridicule....avec ma blonde on avait un montant completement débile d'autorisé par la banque.....genre qu'on aurais manager du beurre de peanut et kraft dinner tout notre vie...tout ca sans avoir de paiement de char!

Notre budget max.
Pour une maison avec un terrain, on peu regarder un peu plus. Mais sans exagèrer non plus la, on est pas à 420-450.
Au moins pas encore.

Mais bon, présentement ça existe à peu près pas.

Ah ben ah ben.

Est-ce qu'on serait en train de se rendre compte que c'est la baisse des taux qui drive l'augmentation des prix ?

Y'en a une gang qui vont être déçu quand y vont renouveller !

We wrote a letter and so did our agent to introduce us. J'ai 1000% confiance en mon agente.
She did tell us, we were ok with our offer and felt anything over was just too much for that condo/house (AKA We were ok with not getting it / not over bidding).
(And the fact that even if we could afford 380, we haven't budgeted for 380.)
Fact is that we aren't in a hurry really, even if I am a bit mentally (I'm sick and tired of renting. I want my house.)
We want to stick close to our budget. We're ok with waiting to find the right house.

New listing that week.
All visits Saturday Morning / Sunday morning.
Offers presented tuesday night.

380 cash / no conditions / no inspection / transaction whenever the seller felt like it.
Just dumb.

Also, we went 355 because of comparables sold around there. Last sold were all around 280 - 300 - 320 ish.

Une lettre d'introduction??? Est-ce que c'est quelque chose de fréquent?

Ah ben ah ben.

Est-ce qu'on serait en train de se rendre compte que c'est la baisse des taux qui drive l'augmentation des prix ?

Y'en a une gang qui vont être déçu quand y vont renouveller !

Je comprends ton point, mais n’oublions pas que le taux plus bas tu paie plus sur le capital, donc au final tu as descendu plus vite ce quil te reste a payer. En plus, on ne peut vraiment voir une montée plus haut que 1 ou 2 point, probablement meme le contraire d’ici 5ans.

Last edited:
Back