Cafe Racer Project

patrickd_21

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a long time, but I thought I would throw up my new little project. I've just started the process of getting my bike license so this is a bike project, and not a car one lol. Even though I've done lapping on bikes before, I never went through the process of getting my bike license to ride on the street because I felt I was too immature, and it would lead to my own demise.

So on to February of this year, I signed up to start the process in getting my license and picked up my first street bike. Anyone that knows me if well aware that I've always been someone that can't leave things original. I felt that if I purchased something too slow to do stupid things with, I would be much safer. I also wanted to purchase something that was 90% built and the way I wanted it, as I don't have time for another project. My race car keeps my busy enough lol

After visiting a few really terribly put together "Cafe Racer" builds with questionable mileage, ebay catalogue parts, and semi functional electrical systems, I fell on a 1974 CB360T that had been put together by a local shop. It was a bit out of the price range I had reserved for the purchase of my bike but I felt as thought making the stretch for something that had been completely restored and modified almost to the level I wanted was worth it. I took the leap and picked it up. I won't go into every detail because there are a lot of custom parts, but here is the general overview:

1974 CB360T

-rebuilt motor (new pistons, rings, bearings, etc)
-new clutch
-transmission refresh
-new bushings all around
-Showa BPF Front End Conversion
-Showa custom rear single shock conversion
-Excel Spoke wheels (Front 17x3.5 Rear 17x4.5)
-Brembo Radial brakes
-2" extended swing arm
-Custom Upper Triple clamp
-Custom dual headlight mount
-Custom LED flashers and tails
-2-1 High-rise exhaust
-Powdercoated frame and tank
-100% new wiring and electronics
-Anti gravity lithium battery
....and a bunch of other stuff

Since the rebuild, the bike has about 260km on it and runs great. It's really a blast to drive and I can't wait to finish my license and get out on the road in about a month. Here are the plans I have for the bike to finish it up to my liking:

-New seat design and leather wrap
-Not sure about the dual headlight setup yet...might go back to 1 headlight
-Paint the tank. The old owner powdercoated the tank because it's more resistant, but it just doesn't have the same shine as paint

That's about it! Here are some pics for your enjoyment, and I can't wait to see some members out on the street!

Last edited:
sweet baby jesus this is beautiful!

Je pense également entrer dans le bike game puisque la loi sur les 11 mois de probation de rouler en duo va disparaître!

sweet baby jesus this is beautiful!

Je pense également entrer dans le bike game puisque la loi sur les 11 mois de probation de rouler en duo va disparaître!

Yep my timing is perfect! lol. Plus the bike game is soooo much cheaper than cars!

Damn, beau bicycle!
Felicitations!

Envoyé de mon Pixel XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Just wow!!!

Merci!

Effectivement très beau, mais je préfère avec un single light en avant.

I think I'm leaning towards the single light setup as well...

Super beau bike. Excellent travail!

J'espère que tu n'auras pas trop de problème avec là police car il y en a en maudit des modifications illégales sur ton bike. lol

Enjoy freedom! :D

Super beau bike. Excellent travail!

J'espère que tu n'auras pas trop de problème avec là police car il y en a en maudit des modifications illégales sur ton bike. lol

Enjoy freedom! :D

Well apart from the exhaust, I was under the impression that the rest was legal...

Back